Dodge Challenger Rocker Panel Problems - Page 6 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
View Poll Results: Have you had any cracking or breakage issues with your rocker panels?
Yes 144 44.58%
No 179 55.42%
Voters: 323. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#51 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 08:29 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PSTLGRP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasbird View Post
Out of curiousity, has anyone tried these? If so, is the plastic different and are these having problems also?

Challenger Rocker Moldings

I called RPI Designs and was told that their gill rocker panels attach over the existing panels. That is what I was afraid of and why I called to be sure. It might still work but the thought of something broken under them is not acceptable to me. I am waiting for my dealership to call me back. I was denied the first time saying that they would not be covered under warranty. I took a pile of threads in and then the body shop said they would call Chrysler to see if they would be covered and call me back. Please let us all know if anyone finds a solution!

Dora
HER 2010 Plum Crazy Purple Challenger R/T Classic 6 Speed, Track Pack...

(I traded in my 09 Challenger...)
Our other Mopars:
HIS: 1936 Plymouth P2
HIS: 1969 Plymouth GTX N96
Theirs: 2002 Durango SLTplus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#52 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 07:01 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

I took mine in today since I have one cracked. The lady looked up my VIN and said there are no outstanding TSB's or anything about it but said she'd order one and call me when it arrives. She said that I am the first one to report this issue at their dealership. I looked at all 8 Challengers they have on the lot (one is a 2009 and has been outside all winter) and none are cracked.

TorRed SE Model purchased: 2/05/09 (gone but not forgotten)
TorRed R/T Classic ordered: 4/06/13
R/T Classic born on: 6/04/13
R/T Classic delivered on: 6/21/13
Mods installed:
Mopar CAI
RiderGraphix spoiler graphic
Skip-to-shift eliminator
Cursive Challenger on grille
Engine Cover air brush painted
Billet under the hood stuff
MOPAR door sills

Member of Frederick Scat Pack
#53 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 10:03 PM

My 09 only had 3,500 when I had them replaced. They were warping under the doors. No cracks. Only 5,200 miles now and the drivers side is just starting to warp. Has been setting under cover in the garage all winter. I don't think they have enough support. Need more clips or 3m tape hold them in place.

I was at the dealer today and there isnew PN for the rockers. Could mean there was part change to corect the problem. They change the PN for lots of reasons though.

#54 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 10:53 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My car has about 12k miles on it and i just happened to notice both of my rocker panels are broken in the rear wheel wells. I do keep my car outside in the winter and it has been cold here for a long time now, but i dont know if it just cracked recently or if its been that way cause its kinda hard to notice unless you look closely at them. Has anybody had any problems with bringing them to the dealers or are they replacing them without making a big deal about it?
#55 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 10:59 PM

I looked at mine last week and found that both sides have cracks. The passenger side at the back rear well and the drivers side had 2 cracks, one in at the front and one at the back. My dealership, Lopp Motors, Dodge City Ks. ordered me a set just with my phone call and will replace them while it is having the power steering cooler put on. They said no problem with them being covered under warranty. We will see how they wear from here!
#56 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 11:29 PM

After reading about the issues with cracked rocker panels I went out and checked mine... yep drivers side was cracked at rear tire. Took it in to the dealership and they said they would order one, and it would be covered under warranty.
#57 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 07:35 AM

Send a message via AIM to Sinister68
My '09 Challenger has 18K miles and is driven daily: No cracks.

-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - -1968 Charger R/T
http://oplink.net/~jthames/images/banner_stripes.jpg
392/Auto/3.06 - - - 440/5 Speed/Dana 3.54
#58 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 10:39 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Today i took the cover off after 6 months in a heated garage and look cracked panels. What a surprize.
#59 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister68 View Post
My '09 Challenger has 18K miles and is driven daily: No cracks.
My 09 has 19.8K miles and is daily driven too, and has two cracked rockers at the rear wheels.
#60 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
Why are they painting your Rocker Panels? Is there a new part number on your rockers. The sets that I have seen are finished matte black. Keep us filled in.
You were of course correct. Picked up my car today and the rockers came ready to install.

When I asked whether they had seen this before the answer was "2 out of 10" Challengers came in for replacements.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion > Challenger Issues & Problems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode