Dodge Challenger SXT is a piece of TRASH

18K views 85 replies 38 participants last post by  Nuke 
#1 · (Edited)
I own a 2012 SXT

It's very uncomfortable
The seats are cheap and squeak
The Radio is cheap

ok now the real problems

Headline broke still waiting to get replaced on back order due to the fact this is major problem with a lot of owners.

The rubber strip on the hood came loose and has to be replaced

The the black stripping below the tail lights buckled and was replaced twice

The automatic window didn't go down and the rubber stripping broke and had to be replaced

The key fob is always cannot detect

The trans is brutal . It jerks between 20-40 had the PCM adjusted still jerking.

The car looks good on the outside but the inside is a different story.

Worse car i have even owned,'
'
Never buying Dodge again, Waiting for the car to be paid off and will sell it to the first chump I see.

See less See more
#7 ·
First, what's a challner?
What's headline?
Why did you bother joining this forum?
Why are you wasting our time?

#8 ·
The latest I have heard on the headliner issue (and this is from a chrysler exec) is that the reason some owners cars headliners are falling down is because of all the anal belching (a.k.a farting) us Americans put the interior through. They have confirmed that Canadian customers with the same builds are not subject to the issue.

#9 ·
Everyone just ignore the 12 year old that just joined the forum to show his immaturity.

Now the mods should delete this thread and ban the idiot. :D

#11 ·
I guess it's because he bought a Challner SXT. They're just like Roollex's and other name brand knockoffs. Should have gotten a Challenger SXT instead. Other than that I got nothing, but I did move the thread into Challenger Issues & Problems.

Bernie

#12 · (Edited)
I'm not here to troll. I'm 49 using a PDA sorry for the misspellings .
I'm just frustrated with my car . I added fog lights , tinted windows and a spoiler in the back . Made a lot of upgrades believing that I would keep this car for many years. I've had one problem after another . If there's a way to download pictures , I'd be glad to show you my car and all the paperwork on all repairs . All the technicians at zeigler Chrysler jeep in downers grove il know me by my first name . That's sad . I have been reading these threads ever since I purchased my car in 2012 but finally decided to post when I found out about the headliner . My wife noticed it on the passenger side . It's been two weeks and the headliner still is on back order . Back to the radio . You who own this model know that the front speakers are much more loader than the back . The seats are very uncomfortable & cheaply made . Prior to owning this car , I hade a Monte Carlo ss that I traded in for this car . Never once did I have it In the shop .

#31 ·
Why Greco sounds like a troll

The title of your thread makes you sound like a troll to many, including me. Instead of "Dodge Challenger SXT is a piece of TRASH" a less abrasive (and more accurate) title like "My Challenger is a lemon" wouldn't poison the audience against you.

You made several other statements that have strong troll characteristics, including you will never buy from Dodge again (so why on a Dodge forum unless you are just here to vent?) and you can't wait to sell your car to the next "chump". That, along with your all-inclusive title, implies anyone who owns or plans to buy a Challenger is a chump.

It appears you are angry at Dodge because you got a lemon, and you want to lash out using this forum as a platform. In the process, you insult the "chumps" here on the forum, and it appears you are just here to dump and then leave once you pawn off your trashy Challenger on the next chump.

I'm sorry you have so many problems, including the 2012 key fobs that were often bad and the well known headliner issue. The only problem I had with my 2009 RT was both key fobs went bad. No problems with my 2013 SRT. I had more problems with my last Infiniti.

On the sound system and seats, they are things you should've tried out before deciding to buy the car. I agree Dodge doesn't have the greatest sound systems, but you knew that before you bought the car. Most people, including the automotive media, find the seats comfortable and the ride the best in class. But in any case, if you didn't like the seats, you should have bought something that better fit your individual tastes. That is a buyer's error, not a mistake by Dodge.

#14 ·
You really think the seats are uncomfortable!?

I believe the seats in the Challenger are comfier than any other car I've sat in. It's wide seat, yet firm and it has great leg and thigh support, I've done 6 hour drives where it feels like I could sit in it another 6 hours and not feel fatigued or sore.

#15 ·
My ticket reads as follows
Rubber strip came loose on hood : part ordered will notify customer when part is in.

Ordered headliner is back ordered will notify customer when part comes in to install . Winshield will need to come out so please contact George to schedule this appointment so I can have the glass company come out,

I spent over 25k & change therfore , I feel that I have the right to ***** , not to mention all the upgrades that I added.

As far as some on you calling me an idoit , let's discuss dialogues of plato? Do you read Noam Chomsky ? Let's discuss his book the logical structure of liguistics theory

#16 ·
My ticket reads as follows

Rubber strip came loose on hood : part ordered will notify customer when part is in.

Ordered headliner is back ordered will notify customer when part comes in to install . Winshield will need to come out so please contact George to schedule this appointment so I can have the glass company come out,

I spent over 25k & change therfore , I feel that I have the right to ***** , not to mention all the upgrades that I added.

As far as some on you calling me an idoit , let's discuss dialogues of plato? Do you read Noam Chomsky ? Let's discuss his book the logical structure of liguistics theory

Shall we, over lasaga?

j/k

2015 Pitch Black 6M R/T Scat Pack 392

#17 ·
If your description is accurate, sounds like you got a lemon. Unfortunately it seems to happen sometimes.

I've had zero problems with my 2013 so far. And my seats are comfortable and well put together.

Never noticed my speakers were louder in the front since I've never sat in the back.

Please don't throw around fancy authors and book titles to try and impress us. Real smart people don't need to boast in such crass ways.

#19 ·
Seems to me the company is standing behind its warranty in order to make you happy so I really don't know why you're posting here. We all love our cars. Go to a mustang or camaro forum to *****. There you will find a happy audience to spread your misery to.

#21 ·
I Loved my car too. Past tense. If you had to take your car to the dealership 6 or 7 times and had to make arrangements every time to get a ride to and from the dealership, you would be livid too. :fight:

The headliner problem was the one that sent me over the tipping point. I just wanted to vent and see if any others had the same problems or observations with the seats and the radio. We can agree to disagree about the seats but no one can say that stock radio is any good. My wife bought a Jeep Compass at the same dealership for 16K & change and her radio sounds much better. Dodge went cheap on us regarding the seats and the radio. JMHO.

#20 ·
Speaking of comparing seats .....

If I were to compare my Challenger to my Dad's 20 year old Crown Victoria, then yes, my seats are uncomfortable too. :wink3:

His have lasted 20 years as well, so they must have been put together well.

In addition, the Challenger suspension makes my ride bad.... it is too stiff, and I don't even have the SRT stuff! I can feel bumps in the road in my Challenger, and even go round corners! But not in the Crown Vic - it is so smooooooth. :grin2:

#26 ·
sorry you're having issues. sucks to buy a car you really love and then have to deal with a bunch of problems. Every builder has lemons now and then and it sucks when you get one. hope things work out for you.

It's more sad seeing a bunch of members giddy over posting stupid meme's and jumping on the bash the OP band wagon. OP is clearly frustrated over the issues in his car and seemed to simply be venting his frustration to (so called) fellow enthusiasts

#27 ·
It's more sad seeing a bunch of members giddy over posting stupid meme's and jumping on the bash the OP band wagon. OP is clearly frustrated over the issues in his car and seemed to simply be venting his frustration to (so called) fellow enthusiasts
C'mon...we get a couple of these "venting" guys a month. Most are trolls...so we should be able to have a little fun. I don't think any of the memes were offensive at all. If the OP really wanted to see who else has had problems, he should have said so. Instead he just said that his car was a piece of $hit and he was never buying Dodge again. Doesn't sound liken enthusiast to me.

#30 ·
What is lasaga?

#33 ·
Statistically speaking, your odds having more issues are as high as any of us who have not. I'd keep it a while longer. My RT and SRT were well built, comfortable and drove/drive well (as well as my old VW, Volvo and 2 BMW's). The Challengers have been my favorites so far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.