Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Heated seats not working

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  68SuperBee 
#1 ·
No light indicator from either heated seat switches on the dash when attempting to turn on
Fuse good. What do I look for next?
Thanks for the help.

#2 · (Edited)
Is it cold enough there to need them? Maybe there is a factory setting that does not allow them to turn on unless it is a certain temperature outside? The Users Guide does give this warning, which is because their have been lawsuits filed due to paraplegics getting burned by seats that got too hot:

• Persons who are unable to feel pain to the skin because of advanced age, chronic
illness, diabetes, spinal cord injury, medication, alcohol use, exhaustion or other
physical conditions must exercise care when using the seat heater. It may cause
burns even at low temperatures, especially if used for long periods of time.
• Do not place anything on the seat that insulates against heat, such as a blanket or
cushion. This may cause the seat heater to overheat. Sitting in a seat that has been
overheated could cause serious burns due to the increased surface temperature of
the seat.

I'll try mine in a few minutes when I leave for work. It's 70 here, and I'll see if they turn on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.