Is IPOD Supposed to Work with 430 Radio? - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-11-2011, 05:23 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RammJaeger View Post
What is this "Dealer Connect System", and what should I tell my dealership so they can go get this and fix my car?
All dealers know how to find and perform these TSBs. The TSB is very clear about how the dealer acquires the software update, and how they install it.

I've attached the TSB here. Print it and take it to the dealer. It really shouldn't be necessary though. Just sounds like lazyness on the part of the dealer.
Attached Thumbnails
08-036-11.pdf  

2015 Challenger SRT 392 TorRed, Dual Black Center Stripes, TorqueFlite 8-Speed Auto, Uconnect 8.4AN. Status: Delivered 9/26/2014.
2011 Challenger R/T Classic Green with Envy, 6-speed manual, Sound Group II, Super Track Pak: Delivered 7/5/2011. Sold 8/13/2014.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 07:05 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My apologies, the "Dealer Connect System" is the Chrysler website that their Techs access for diagnostics, pin point test, schematics, TSB's etc. When you plan to go to the dealer, first I would call them and ask about the TSB 08-036-11. I have had replies from several people that say when they mention it to the service personnel, they are told "it's not available". Fact is that it is available and has been since 6-29-2011. I waited till 6-30-2011 to call a couple of dealers before I posted this information on a Wrangler forum. There is another problem however, You want to ask them if they have performed this update successfully. I have several people in different states that have said they have had their vehicle in and the update was supposedly done. The Iphone / iPod would link up when they got into the car but later they had the "error occurred" message again.
A good way to test and validate if the update was performed correctly (or at all) is to go into streaming audio, the current streaming audio with an Apple product is fine "UNTILL" you press the wake button to turn on the backlighting on the display (where you can see the now playing, artist, album etc. Then the audio becomes choppy.
For those of you with non Apple devices, most of the HTC's, Samsungs, Motorola etc have a fast, choppy sound on the streaming audio.
With the HTC recent SW update to the Android 2.3.3, the phone is not dropping the blue tooth connection, ( the problem there was the way that HTC was sending the phone book data, Uconnect will try 3 times to get the data in a supported fashion. If it doesn't then Uconnect will reset its module and say to the phone "hey , lets try that again".) The best thing to have done (or do if you haven't done the update yet, is to not give permission for the pb to be downloaded when you originally paired the phone. If you have not done the update, then you can do this step by going into the phone,, delete the uconnect and go into uconnect and delete the phone, start a new pairing session and select decline when asked. This message will pop up a few more times as well as when you get into the vehicle, just ignore it and it will go away). The HTC update helped their streaming audio a bit not 100%. The uconnect update will playback the music properly.
With Samsung, they recently came out with a Android 2.2 Sw update. With their 2.1 the PB downloaded fine, however now the pb does not download. Your pb may already be downloaded to the Uconnect but if you make any changes to the contacts (add or delete) the changes won't be adjusted to the stored pb. Each time you leave the vehicle and come back, turn the key on, the pb is downloaded. This is to compare what is saved to what may be new while you were out of the vehicle. (deleted or added). The changes are then added to the stored pb file.
The real problem is that these phone companies want to be come out with the next best and fastest sw which is ok but they need to work hand in hand with the car kit companies like Uconnect, Ford SYNC, Onstar etc. They don't bother trying to validate their changes to what people have in their cars right now. Then the car kit companies have to wait for people to have problem, validate the problems, write new SW for the problems that could have been fixed by the phone company before being sent to the public. Then the fix needs to be sent out to the dealers to re flash vehicles.

Quote:
What is this "Dealer Connect System", and what should I tell my dealership so they can go get this and fix my car?
post #13 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
My apologies, the "Dealer Connect System" is the Chrysler website that their Techs access for diagnostics, pin point test, schematics, TSB's etc. When you plan to go to the dealer, first I would call them and ask about the TSB 08-036-11. I have had replies from several people that say when they mention it to the service personnel, they are told "it's not available". Fact is that it is available and has been since 6-29-2011. I waited till 6-30-2011 to call a couple of dealers before I posted this information on a Wrangler forum.
I called the local dealership there. They said they had the TSB, but didn't have the software to perform it. They told me to "check back on Friday", making it sound like they needed to receive a physical shipment. So you are saying they can download the software from the "Dealer Connect System", and don't actually need to physically receive anything?

2015 SRT8 Hellcat (Ordered)
2011 SRT8 392 Inaugural Edition
1983 Trans Am
1983 Delorean
1969 Charger R/T 440
R.I.P. 1967 Barracuda Fastback

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 08:07 AM

Garage
I have a Scion xB with integrated iPod controls in the steering wheel. I've found it to be just as easy, or even easier, to just use the AUX cable. I don't generally fiddle around with the music anyway because I have several playlists. Just start it and go.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 R/T Blacktop - Header Orange - Core shifter
Blastin'Bobs - K&N CAI

post #15 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 11:22 AM

WOW, they have the TSB but not the software???? HMM, let me see here, The TSB is on their Dealer Connect Computer system, This means that the "SOFTWARE" is there also. What they must not HAVE i: some flash drives or thumb drives what ever anyone wants to call them. I don't understand why they are having such a problem besides they are just LAZY and really can not read and understand the instructions.
I was first introduced to the phone issues a couple months back and then was also directed to the Jeep Wrangler site (the person that was able to get me to help has a Wrangler so I have been there helping). There has been people that have taken their vehicles to the dealers only to be misled about this TSB. I thought that perhaps there was something wrong with the files for the TSB. I rented a Durango yesterday (I couldn't find a Wrangler locally) and took it to the dealer for the TSB. I spoke to the Service Mgr about being able to watch the tech perform the steps because of the issues that service techs were having. The tech that performed mine was a little tech savvy and understood about downloading to a thumb drive. The update was downloaded and the thumb drive placed in the USB connector in the armrest, we spoke for about 15 minutes while the update was beeping away. When it was done, I asked him to verify the PN which would change to a new PN with the update (which it did)
In order to verify the update I would tell the service person that is helping you that you want to know what the new PN is. If it is any of the following then the update was not correctly performed:

05064635AG, 05064735AG
05064630AG, 05064740AG

However if it is any of the following PN's then it was done correctly:

68140634AA, 68140635AA
68140645AA, 68140646AA

Also, here are the steps for the TSB, directly off of Dealer Connect: (attached)

Quote:
I called the local dealership there. They said they had the TSB, but didn't have the software to perform it. They told me to "check back on Friday", making it sound like they needed to receive a physical shipment. So you are saying they can download the software from the "Dealer Connect System", and don't actually need to physically receive anything?
Attached Thumbnails
tsb_wk2_0803611.pdf  

Last edited by xsdbs; 03-07-2015 at 06:11 AM.
post #16 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPAG View Post
(Updated July 7, 2011) A Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) has been issued addressing the connectivity of the Media Center and Uconnect Touch radios with Apple® products like the iPhone®, iPod® or iPod touch®.
Radios affected include Media Centers 130 (RES), 230 (REQ), 430 (RBZ), 430N (RHB) and Uconnect Touch radios 4.3S (RHA), 4.3S (REB), 8.4 (RE2), 8.4N (RB5) IF EQUIPPED WITH UCONNECT VOICE COMMAND WITH BLUETOOTH.
The USB service flash addresses these compatibility issues:
  • The message “connecting to device” is displayed on Apple iPod touch, iPod, or iPhone when connected to the vehicle USB port, but the device will not sync to the Hands Free Module (HFM) to play audio
  • iPhone 4 audio will drop out and skip during a streaming audio session
Refer to TSB Number 08-036-11 (issued on June 29, 2011) for applicable vehicles and full instructions to perform this service flash.
You're a god send... thanks so much!

2011 R/T Classic Redline 6 speed
1995 Jeep Wrangler Rio Grande 5 speed
post #17 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
The TSB gives them very clear instructions on how to get the software. They use their wiTECH diagnostic tool to get the update for the hands-free module. They download it using their wiTECH, and copy it to a USB thumb drive. They then use that USB thumb drive in the center console USB port.

The dealer isn't going to be sent any software update... they have everything they need! Is there another dealer by you that you can take it to? This one sounds completely clueless.
post #18 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 05:33 PM

RMac, where in MI are you? I'm in Troy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMac View Post
The TSB gives them very clear instructions on how to get the software. They use their wiTECH diagnostic tool to get the update for the hands-free module. They download it using their wiTECH, and copy it to a USB thumb drive. They then use that USB thumb drive in the center console USB port.

The dealer isn't going to be sent any software update... they have everything they need! Is there another dealer by you that you can take it to? This one sounds completely clueless.
post #19 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 06:10 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Mine works in my Ram but only after I bought the correct cable. I tried to find the part number but could not. Once I got the correct cable it worked like a champ.

2016 Challenger Hellcat - B5 Blue - Auto

Previous Challengers
2011 Challenger SRT Green With Envy
2009 Challenger R/T HEMI Orange
post #20 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-12-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
RMac, where in MI are you? I'm in Troy.
Sterling Heights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBeep View Post
Mine works in my Ram but only after I bought the correct cable. I tried to find the part number but could not. Once I got the correct cable it worked like a champ.
The TSB fixes compatibility issues with the newer Apple products, running iOS4 (iPhone 4, upgraded iPhone 3G and 3GS, iPod Touch, and the latest iPhone nano). Without this update, if you plug the device into the center console USB port, 9 out of 10 times it will show an error message and not read the device. It also fixes an issue with Bluetooth Streaming Audio, where the audio plays about 10 times faster than normal, and skips.

Older Apple devices worked fine without this update.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion > Challenger Issues & Problems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode