Is IPOD Supposed to Work with 430 Radio? - Page 21 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #201 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 07:33 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2011 UConnect

Sorry... I have a 2010 Dodge RAM. Guess I had 2011 on my mind after your earlier post.

Found a UConnect module on EBay for 40 bucks. It came out of a 2012 Jeep Wrangler 1 month after purchased new... part number: 68104904AB.

Will this work in my truck?

Thanks.

-Troy
TroyGT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #202 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 07:36 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2012 UConnect module

Additional info on the eBay UConnect module:

HW Version: 14.00
SW Version: 63.01.23
TroyGT is offline  
post #203 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 07:36 AM
Senior Member
 
beamg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: SW Michigan
Posts: 1,046
Thanks: 28
Thanked 275 Times in 168 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'm very "late to this party," as this thread is rather mature and (perhaps)has been nearly exhausted. I did, however, glance at a couple of responses and simply thought I'd add my personal IPod/430 experience.

In addition to my Challenger, I bought the wife a Jeep Sahara in April of this year. We ordered it, and opted for the 430 "MyGig" Nav unit.

Using the USB port, provided in the console, her IPod has worked (without any issue) perfectly with the 430 media center.

As Chrsler/Dodge/Jeep are all thought to be using similar, if not indentical, hardware/software and connectivity....I would assume that a similarly configured Challenger should also work without a "hitch."

Just my .02 cents !!

Regards,

Gary aka beamg5
beamg5 is offline  
 
post #204 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 06:25 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Over Here, Hi
Posts: 362
Thanks: 0
Thanked 20 Times in 18 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That should be fine. Let us know when you get it installed. Because of the radio HW there may be some slight issues but nothing major. Thanks



Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyGT View Post
Sorry... I have a 2010 Dodge RAM. Guess I had 2011 on my mind after your earlier post.

Found a UConnect module on EBay for 40 bucks. It came out of a 2012 Jeep Wrangler 1 month after purchased new... part number: 68104904AB.

Will this work in my truck?

Thanks.

-Troy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyGT View Post
Additional info on the eBay UConnect module:

HW Version: 14.00
SW Version: 63.01.23
xsdbs is offline  
post #205 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-26-2012, 06:46 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Over Here, Hi
Posts: 362
Thanks: 0
Thanked 20 Times in 18 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Well just a couple notes here for you & others.
1) There are 3 different suppliers of the Uconnect sytem and they are not all the same. (unfortunately)
2) Configuration isn't the key here, the SW version is as well as the upgrade HW that is in the 2012 system and also the available memory for any more files (at least for the Mitsubishi radios <RES, REQ, RBZ & RHB>, these radios have an external Uconnect module).
3) The 2012 modules have enhancements added to them that the 2011 modules may not get, with that being said, there will be differences between a 2011 & 2012 Uconnect systems. Comparing the 2 systems to each other isn't oranges to oranges.
4) These Uconnect modules are the same in all 3 (Chrysler, Dodge & Jeep) and all use the same SW version per the particular built year and there are enhancements added year to year as with anything. The only difference being in the CAN BUS speed (High or Low speed).


Quote:
Originally Posted by beamg5 View Post
I'm very "late to this party," as this thread is rather mature and (perhaps)has been nearly exhausted. I did, however, glance at a couple of responses and simply thought I'd add my personal IPod/430 experience.

In addition to my Challenger, I bought the wife a Jeep Sahara in April of this year. We ordered it, and opted for the 430 "MyGig" Nav unit.

Using the USB port, provided in the console, her IPod has worked (without any issue) perfectly with the 430 media center.

As Chrsler/Dodge/Jeep are all thought to be using similar, if not indentical, hardware/software and connectivity....I would assume that a similarly configured Challenger should also work without a "hitch."

Just my .02 cents !!

Regards,

Gary aka beamg5
xsdbs is offline  
post #206 of 207 (permalink) Old 08-01-2012, 06:48 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
xsdbs - Thanks for the help

Hey, just wanted to let everyone know that the 2012 UConnect module I purchased from eBay, that was previously on a Jeep, worked flawlessly in my 2010 Dodge RAM with a RBZ system. Backup camera was what I worried the most about not functioning... but no worries... it worked just fine. This was truly a plug and play experience for me, nothing lost... streaming bluetooth from my iphone 4s now works perfectly... and I paired my wife's iphone 4 as well. It's all good! No sound degradation at all (to me), no weird skipping or fast playback symptoms that others have experienced either. I do have an extra port on the new box, which I'm assuming is a micro usb port that I would need to purchase a cable to connect in my glove box. I have a fat iPod cable there now... that does not connect to the uConnect box.

Thanks so much for your help xsdbs... I probably wouldn't have purchased that uConnect module had you not said it would be okay. The unit ended up costing me $100 bucks instead of $40... but it was well worth it. My truck is truly lacks nothing now.

-Troy
TroyGT is offline  
post #207 of 207 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 02:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Over Here, Hi
Posts: 362
Thanks: 0
Thanked 20 Times in 18 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Well that is great news. However please let me point out a couple minor things since you already hit on them.
1) On the new module, there are 3 connectors, {A} 10 pin cnnector, {2} 22 pin connector & {3} a micro USB connector.
2) The micro USB connector will take PN 82212160 Mopar USB / iPOd cable, about $35.
3) The iPod cable that you were using with the older module will not work on the new module. Yes I know that it plugs in but won't play the iPod. The reason for this is because that 10 pin connector now is used at the manufacturing plant for end of the line testing. So I would not plug anything into that port.
4) Thank you and I'm glad that I was able to help you out.





Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyGT View Post
Hey, just wanted to let everyone know that the 2012 UConnect module I purchased from eBay, that was previously on a Jeep, worked flawlessly in my 2010 Dodge RAM with a RBZ system. Backup camera was what I worried the most about not functioning... but no worries... it worked just fine. This was truly a plug and play experience for me, nothing lost... streaming bluetooth from my iphone 4s now works perfectly... and I paired my wife's iphone 4 as well. It's all good! No sound degradation at all (to me), no weird skipping or fast playback symptoms that others have experienced either. I do have an extra port on the new box, which I'm assuming is a micro usb port that I would need to purchase a cable to connect in my glove box. I have a fat iPod cable there now... that does not connect to the uConnect box.

Thanks so much for your help xsdbs... I probably wouldn't have purchased that uConnect module had you not said it would be okay. The unit ended up costing me $100 bucks instead of $40... but it was well worth it. My truck is truly lacks nothing now.

-Troy
xsdbs is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion > Challenger Issues & Problems

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Installing an Aftermarket Head Unit ceri Audio, Video and other Car Electronics 28 12-27-2015 09:46 AM
Need Help to Transfer Music from IPOD to Radio 2BLU4U Challenger Issues & Problems 12 04-25-2013 11:55 PM
Radio volume doesn't work 910RideSmooth Challenger Issues & Problems 7 11-08-2012 07:40 PM
I want more VOLUME from my ipod touch in my base model radio. Possible? super8man Audio, Video and other Car Electronics 12 10-22-2012 10:52 AM
History of Car Radios GreatAmerican The Garage: For OTHER car talk 5 10-03-2012 01:54 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome