Is IPOD Supposed to Work with 430 Radio? - Page 3 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 07:11 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sterling Height Chrysler was the 2nd dealer I called before I posted on another forum on the 30th about the TSB being released. The 1st dealer wanted to argue that it wasn't available. I then called SH chry and they weren't aware of it until after I told him I have a screen shot from Dealer Connect showing that I got from a Chrysler Eng at the Chrysler Tech Center in Auburn Hills. He dug a little and then I heard "hey here it is".
I went to Suburban Chrysler on Monday to check the process out from a dealers side because there were people having problems getting it done correctly or at all. The service writer originally said the TSB doesn't exist, I pulled out the TSB report and showed him it does exist and that I wanted to watch the process. The Tech that did the process had no problems performing it. This leads me to believe that the techs that are having problems are not reading the instructions correctly and are thinking that the update is being done thru wireless transmission. I read about a person that took his vehicle to a 2nd dealer because of the 1st did not do it correctly. (he originally thought that the update sucked because it didn't work but I was able to verify that it either wasn't done or done incorrectly. This was verified by the streaming audio playing fine but then becoming choppy when the display back lighting was turned on to see the "now playing" screen).
He asked the 2nd dealer tech if it was done and asked about how long the update beeped for. The tech looked at him and said " beep, there was no beeps, I plugged the thumb drive in, hit go and it was over in a second". The guy asked "no beeps at all" and just walked out, knowing that the update wasn't done properly. This guy is in Oklahoma and has 2 brand new Rubicons. This same story has been posted by several vehicle owners in different states. I am now trying to help him out.
Another problem that is coming up is that the TSB is showing that the TSB is for vehicles built prior to April 18th 2011. The person mentioned above with the 2 Rubicons (I know this isn't a JEEP forum but I am using it as an example) has 1 that is built on 4-19-2011 and the other built on 4-25-2011 and I have helped him to verify the Uconnect module PN by locating it and giving that # to me. I am trying to bring this to the attention of Chrysler.
Sorry to be so long winded but I thought this information would help others here to make sure the proocess is done correctly. The tell tale sign for most of the phones is in the streaming audio, if the streaming audio is playing correctly, the update was done. Most of the phones I have read about had other issues along with the streaming audio issue. Hope this is helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMac View Post
Sterling Heights.

The TSB fixes compatibility issues with the newer Apple products, running iOS4 (iPhone 4, upgraded iPhone 3G and 3GS, iPod Touch, and the latest iPhone nano). Without this update, if you plug the device into the center console USB port, 9 out of 10 times it will show an error message and not read the device. It also fixes an issue with Bluetooth Streaming Audio, where the audio plays about 10 times faster than normal, and skips.

Older Apple devices worked fine without this update.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 07:30 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
Sterling Height Chrysler was the 2nd dealer I called before I posted on another forum on the 30th about the TSB being released. The 1st dealer wanted to argue that it wasn't available. I then called SH chry and they weren't aware of it until after I told him I have a screen shot from Dealer Connect showing that I got from a Chrysler Eng at the Chrysler Tech Center in Auburn Hills. He dug a little and then I heard "hey here it is".
I went to Suburban Chrysler on Monday to check the process out from a dealers side because there were people having problems getting it done correctly or at all. The service writer originally said the TSB doesn't exist, I pulled out the TSB report and showed him it does exist and that I wanted to watch the process. The Tech that did the process had no problems performing it. This leads me to believe that the techs that are having problems are not reading the instructions correctly and are thinking that the update is being done thru wireless transmission. I read about a person that took his vehicle to a 2nd dealer because of the 1st did not do it correctly. (he originally thought that the update sucked because it didn't work but I was able to verify that it either wasn't done or done incorrectly. This was verified by the streaming audio playing fine but then becoming choppy when the display back lighting was turned on to see the "now playing" screen).
He asked the 2nd dealer tech if it was done and asked about how long the update beeped for. The tech looked at him and said " beep, there was no beeps, I plugged the thumb drive in, hit go and it was over in a second". The guy asked "no beeps at all" and just walked out, knowing that the update wasn't done properly. This guy is in Oklahoma and has 2 brand new Rubicons. This same story has been posted by several vehicle owners in different states. I am now trying to help him out.
Another problem that is coming up is that the TSB is showing that the TSB is for vehicles built prior to April 18th 2011. The person mentioned above with the 2 Rubicons (I know this isn't a JEEP forum but I am using it as an example) has 1 that is built on 4-19-2011 and the other built on 4-25-2011 and I have helped him to verify the Uconnect module PN by locating it and giving that # to me. I am trying to bring this to the attention of Chrysler.
Sorry to be so long winded but I thought this information would help others here to make sure the proocess is done correctly. The tell tale sign for most of the phones is in the streaming audio, if the streaming audio is playing correctly, the update was done. Most of the phones I have read about had other issues along with the streaming audio issue. Hope this is helpful.
Can you post up that screenshot show I can show it to my dealership? Also "I have helped him to verify the Uconnect module PN" could you tell us where we find this PN?

Thanks,

2015 SRT8 Hellcat (Ordered)
2011 SRT8 392 Inaugural Edition
1983 Trans Am
1983 Delorean
1969 Charger R/T 440
R.I.P. 1967 Barracuda Fastback

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 10:48 AM

Hello RammJaeger,
The module, I believe is to the right of the glove box on the IP. Remove the glove box and look to the inside right on the dash structure. You will see a module approx 3.5" x 6" x 1.5" and looks like the one in the picture attached. (the PN on this parrticular unit is the 05064635AK, yours should be similar but end in "AG"). Also the screen shot is attached to this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RammJaeger View Post
Can you post up that screenshot show I can show it to my dealership? Also "I have helped him to verify the Uconnect module PN" could you tell us where we find this PN?

Thanks,
Attached Thumbnails
TSB-08-036-11[1].pdf   Click image for larger version

Name:	TB1.JPG
Views:	333
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	34878  

post #24 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 05:21 PM

hello all, to those that are interested, I will have someone (mrjeep) post a link to the SW update. you will be able to DL it to a thumb drive and then connect the thumb drive to the USB connector for the iPod cable (do not use the 1 on the radio faceplate). The first thing you want to verify though is that you have a Uconnect module that has SW version 43.1.10 on it. If you look and see that it has SW version 43.1.30, it won't work. You will get an error recording about 5 minutes into it about the archive not being correct. The module is on the right side of the dash. Open the glove box (if it drops down far enough this should be good. If not then remove it, I don't want you breaking anything.) Look to the right of the IP and you will see a module that looks like the one attached to this post above this one.
For thos e with the 43.1.30 SW, hang tight, I am on vacation next week and will work on this when I get back.
post #25 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-15-2011, 05:39 PM

UPDATED: Now works on 43.1.30

Alright guys, here are the instructions.

1) First check to see which version of software your Uconnect came with. On my Patriot the module is behind the glove box and is easy to get to. I am not sure how easy this is to access on other vehicles.

Look at the SW number on the module. If you have SW 43.01.10 or 43.1.30, this update should work for you. This is where you find the SW number:

2) Download the file:
For US mid-large vehicles (Wrangler, Durango, Grand Cherokee, Town & Country van, RAM), download this file
For US small vehicles (Compass, Challenger, Patriot, Caliber, 200) download this file

For Euro large vehicles, download this file
For Euro small vehicles, download this file

3) Put this file onto an empty usb drive

4) Plug the usb drive into the vehicles remote USB port (NOT on the radio). It should be either in the center console or glove box

5) Press and hold the Uconnect Phone button for approx. 15 seconds, until you hear Software Update started

6) Wait until the update is completely finished (about 10-15 minutes or so) During this update, the radio will beep over and over (you can turn this down with the volume knob). If after about 5 minutes you hear "This file archive not compatible with this vehicle," than either you used the wrong download, OR your radio does not currently have an update available

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by mrJeepR44; 07-28-2011 at 10:53 AM.
post #26 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011, 11:13 AM

mrJeep thanks a million for this info, I'm going to give this a shot when I get home.

There is one crucial question here though - given that this is the Challenger forums, which category is a Challenger? Mid-large or small?
post #27 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011, 11:51 AM

Ramjaeger,
first you want to make sure that you have the SW version 43.1.10 and not the 43.1.30 (just to keep you from wasting your time. As I mentioned earlier the module is to the right of the glove box. Open it and remove it if needed in order to verify the SW version. I'll get mrjeep to guide you to the right version (it will be for the update of PN 68140634AA).
I will work on the 43.1.30 issues with some ENGs when I get back from vacation a week from Tuesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RammJaeger View Post
mrJeep thanks a million for this info, I'm going to give this a shot when I get home.

There is one crucial question here though - given that this is the Challenger forums, which category is a Challenger? Mid-large or small?
post #28 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
Ramjaeger,
first you want to make sure that you have the SW version 43.1.10 and not the 43.1.30 (just to keep you from wasting your time. As I mentioned earlier the module is to the right of the glove box. Open it and remove it if needed in order to verify the SW version. I'll get mrjeep to guide you to the right version (it will be for the update of PN 68140634AA).
I will work on the 43.1.30 issues with some ENGs when I get back from vacation a week from Tuesday.
Ok, do you work for Dodge BTW?
post #29 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011, 11:58 AM

Hey I just checked. Challenger uses the same one as the small cars. Sorry I didn't clarify that one
post #30 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-16-2011, 06:32 PM

Uconnect guys would like some information to use to confirm issues with the 43.01.30 not updating. If you have the module that came with 43.1.30 SW in your vehicle, please post the following info:
Name (screen name is fine):
Vehicle:
Build date (this is on the drivers door tag, look for MDH):
Model of phone & SW:
Problem that you are having:

Please continue to add the same information on here by just copy & pasting below to add your information. EX:

Name (screen name is fine): menotyou
Vehicle: 2011 wrangler
Build date (this is on the drivers door tag, look for MDH): 5-14-20
Model of phone & SW: HTC EVO 4G --Android 2.2
Promblem that you are having: drops BT (bluetooth) connection & streaming audio plays fast

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion > Challenger Issues & Problems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode