Is IPOD Supposed to Work with 430 Radio? - Page 4 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 12:57 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks xsdbs and MrJeep - you guys are my heroes. I just performed the update and it worked 100%!!! I am so happy, after having my Challenger for months I can finally use my IPhone 4 with it properly. It is like my car finally feels whole

FYI I have a 2011 SRT8 Inaugural Edition Challenger manufactured in January with a 430N radio. I didn't actually look to see which PN my module had, I figured due to my early build date it had to be the older software. I used the update for "small" cars that you have listed.

Bluetooth streaming now works properly
I can now connect through the USB in the center console and it works every time

A couple of minor issues:
When you a track ends, you hear about half a second of the next track, then silence, then the next track begins. In other words, the transitions between tracks aren't smooth.

Also, sometimes when tracks change, the song information text either takes a few seconds to update, or sometimes doesnt update at all.

Finally, album art doesn't display properly.

All of these things are minor too me though. I'm just happy it finally works!!!

2015 SRT8 Hellcat (Ordered)
2011 SRT8 392 Inaugural Edition
1983 Trans Am
1983 Delorean
1969 Charger R/T 440
R.I.P. 1967 Barracuda Fastback

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 03:53 PM

mrjeep - THANK YOU! I performed the update today, and it worked perfectly. My build date was in February, so I had the older version of the software. Bluetooth streaming audio finally works, which was really important to me. You saved me missing a half day of work to take it to the dealer, since they would not do this update on a weekend - thanks again! Ed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
For someone (like myself) who is "technology challenged", is a thumb drive the same thing as a flash drive? And how do you download it on the car radio?
Thanks!

post #34 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 09:38 PM

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

I was finally able to stream from my iPhone 4!

For anyone else: I did run into a hiccup and that is that even though the thumb drive I used was empty before the file was copied over the car wouldn't accept it. I had to do a format. Good luck everyone.

My Current Vechicles
2011 Brilliant Black Crystal Pearlcoat Challenger SRT8
2009 Jeep Wrangler
post #35 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 07:57 AM

I am glad it is working for everyone, and I am happy to help. Thank you xsdbs for providing the files and instruction, and Uconnect guys for making an update for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BLU4U View Post
For someone (like myself) who is "technology challenged", is a thumb drive the same thing as a flash drive? And how do you download it on the car radio?
Thanks!
Yes thumb/flash/usb drive... it's all pretty much the same. Click the link appropriate for your vehicle, download the file to your computer, then drag and drop the file to your flash drive, plug the flash drive into your car's remote usb port in the glove box or center console, and continue with the rest of the instructions

post #36 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 10:16 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I guess we vacationed a little hard yesterday, kids want to do everything the first day and running slow this morning. Thought I would pop in and see how things are going. It's good to see the update working for you.
Rammjaeger,
You say the album art is not displaying correctly. Where is this artwork not being displayed correctly? Is this in the cabled or streaming mode?
Mrjeep- Thank you for helping getting this update hosted for the Chrysler / Dodge & Jeep customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrJeepR44 View Post
I am glad it is working for everyone, and I am happy to help. Thank you xsdbs for providing the files and instruction, and Uconnect guys for making an update for us

Yes thumb/flash/usb drive... it's all pretty much the same. Click the link appropriate for your vehicle, download the file to your computer, then drag and drop the file to your flash drive, plug the flash drive into your car's remote usb port in the glove box or center console, and continue with the rest of the instructions
post #37 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrJeepR44 View Post

Thank you MrJ!
post #38 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 02:27 PM

Quick question: What position must the ignition be set to perform the update?

I checked last night and our 2011 built in 03/2011 needs the update.

Pauly
His: 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Hers: 2011 Dodge Challenger Rallye

post #39 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 05:55 PM

[QUOTE=xsdbs;863984]
You say the album art is not displaying correctly. Where is this artwork not being displayed correctly? Is this in the cabled or streaming mode?QUOTE]

When I have my iPhone connected to the center console USB port, I have never seen the 430 or 430N display the album art for the songs I'm playing. Every track has album art when played in iTunes. All songs are AAC, with no DRM.

2015 Challenger SRT 392 TorRed, Dual Black Center Stripes, TorqueFlite 8-Speed Auto, Uconnect 8.4AN. Status: Delivered 9/26/2014.
2011 Challenger R/T Classic Green with Envy, 6-speed manual, Sound Group II, Super Track Pak: Delivered 7/5/2011. Sold 8/13/2014.
post #40 of 207 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 06:13 PM

ptgarcia, I performed the update with the car running. Since the service bulletin states that the battery voltage cannot drop below 13.2 volts during the update, and I do not have a battery charger, I figured the best route was to start the car and let it idle for the 20 minute update. That worked fine for me, not sure if others have had a different experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion > Challenger Issues & Problems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode