Key Fob Not Detected Finally Solved - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion > Challenger Issues & Problems

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2012, 07:25 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Key Fob Not Detected Finally Solved

I have had trouble with my key fobs off an on ever since I first got my car. At first it was more of a nuisance but I finally got serious about solving the problem as my 3 year warranty drew near.

Dishman Dodge in Spokane has done all the warranty work and my service rep hung in there through a PCM, an ECM, and a new fob. I'm happy to say that both fobs now consistently work correctly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2012, 12:08 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
What caused the problem?

Born 10/23/2013
Old 05-20-2012, 06:10 PM

Yeah, what was the cause of the problem?
Old 05-21-2012, 10:08 AM

I would like to know what the problem was as well. My '08 has been doing this off and on since I bought it and the dealers here are less than worthless! I will never buy Dodge/Chrysler again. I love the car dispite its faults, but the company can suck my...

My Challenger:
Corsa (Sport) cat-back exhaust
K&N typhoon polished CAI
36% tint
S&W shift knob
Wheel locks
Locking gas cap
Fuzzy dice
Old 05-21-2012, 07:05 PM

They first replaced the PCM, then one of the fobs. They thought that they had it fixed because both fobs would lock and unlock the doors and trunk. However, after I got it home and put one of the keys away, the other one would not start the car. The final part they threw at it was an "ECM" according to my invoice.

When I went in the last time, I told the service rep to leave the good fob at the front desk while they worked on the other one. I think that they never separated the fobs when they were working on the problem. As long as one good fob was nearby, there was no problem, so they couldn't find it.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:50 PM

Photos: (8)
I was having the same problem. Only one fob worked consistantly, the other occasionally. This is from my invoice:

Customer states intermittenly fobix will not lock/unlock vehicle

Data scanned Powertrain Controle Module
Updated Wireless Control Module with new software

Updated modules
Updated and flashed modules

I understand this to mean they checked the PCM and installed new software for the WIN Module, and updated & flashed any/all other modules.

I have not had any reoccurances, so the problem seems to be resolved.
All this is covered under warranty.

True Blue when you say it wouldn't start the car, do you mean remote start?

2003 F-150 SVT Lightning - Black (the fastest)SOLD
Old 05-22-2012, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by princess71 View Post
I was having the same problem. Only one fob worked consistantly, the other occasionally. This is from my invoice:

Updated modules

I understand this to mean they checked the PCM and installed new software for the WIN Module, and updated & flashed any/all other modules.

This is what my dealer said they did to my car as well. My normal operating procedure is to switch out the fobs weekly so they get equal use. I also change the batteries in all my remotes every six months (Yes its overkill). Every once in a while one of the fobs is not detected. If I pop out the push-to-start and insert the fob and start the car, this usually clears things up and I'm good to go again. None of my other cars have ever had this issue, just the Dodge.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:35 PM

Photos: (8)
Sparkman #3372 It's a shame that you have to go through all of that and not have it perform correctly. I think that most of the dealers really don't give a sh** about our problems. Sad state of affairs when there is no work ethic....just do the minimum required and collect your paycheck, which seems to be the case most of the time. Hopefully mine (and yours) will work as it's supposed to.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:19 AM

Hmm. I had an issue with them giving me a second key, they eventually did! Yay Dodge.

I never used my key, last week my keys were in the bedroom so I grabbed my extra key and ran to move my car into the garage. The doors unlocked and I sat in the car only to get the annoying Key fob not detected with an annoying Chim sounding.
I took the Valet portion out and stuck it back in a few times (good ole trouble shooting) and Boom...nothing happened. I will be heading back to my dealer now good to know it is covered under warrenty!
Old 06-07-2012, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by princess71 View Post

Updated modules

No, I have the 6 speed so no remote start for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion > Challenger Issues & Problems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.