Mysterious Dents - Page 5 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion > Challenger Issues & Problems

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 12:30 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SRT8Tech

SRT8Tech,

I feel your pain!!! The steel metal was poorly prepared or it was from China!! Please file a case with Dodge!!

BKuz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2012, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by bkuz View Post
SRT8Tech,

I feel your pain!!! The steel metal was poorly prepared or it was from China!! Please file a case with Dodge!!

BKuz
I know the district manager in my area. Im gonna tell him about it. Its not that bad on my car because its silver and hard to see. But if you have a darker color...........its gonna look ugly!!! Its almost like something is poking the metal from under. Its not a dent but a 2 inch LINE rise in the metal. Almost like somebody took a 2 inch wide screwdriver and poked it from underneath.
2011 392 Challenger.........................SOLD
2012 mid 10 second 1/4 mile GT500.... SOLD

Current ride
100% stock 2013 Plum SuperBee............best of 12.407 @ 114.28
With drag radials, tune and CAI...............best of 12.008 @ 115.74
Old 02-09-2012, 02:23 PM

I have been saving for a challenger since the concept car I loved it, I am planning on buying a new SRT next February, but after seeing all of the dent issues so many of you are having it makes me nervous about making a purchase. I wonder If I should start over and figure out something different to buy. Love the Challenger but don't want to spend 50k for a car that is going to dent on its own, that sucks!!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2012, 05:44 AM

SRT8Tech

SRT8Tech,

Sorry about your car! I know it sucks when you find a dent, a scratch, or in your case a upward ridge. Did that gradually happen or did it appear overnight? Are you going to file a online case with Dodge? I would! Dodge needs to improve its engineering and quality control.

I take my car to a lot of car shows and you are detailing the car getting ready for the show and you see dents that weren't there before. It is pretty upsetting!

BKuz
Old 02-10-2012, 06:39 AM

I had dents in my 2011 SRT. Took it to the dealer & they took pics & contacted the rep in Detroit. He came to Cleveland a couple of weeks later to look at my car. He looked at the roof & noticed the dents on both sides. Didn't have an answer why, but told the service manager to get it fixed. I told him I knew of a dent guy & I would have it fixed. He said O.K. & send him the bill. The guy I had used small heated plugs with glue( like suction cups) on the dents on the roof. After they set, he popped them off with a tool & hammered the dents flat. Can't tell where the dents were. Took about 3 hrs. Total bill was $404.00, which Dodge paid. To be on the safe side, with a unibody car, I'm going to install a engine brace, brace in trunk & frame connectors. Hopefully that will cure the flexing.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by caddy59 View Post
I have been saving for a challenger since the concept car I loved it, I am planning on buying a new SRT next February, but after seeing all of the dent issues so many of you are having it makes me nervous about making a purchase. I wonder If I should start over and figure out something different to buy. Love the Challenger but don't want to spend 50k for a car that is going to dent on its own, that sucks!!!!!!!
I would buy an SRT no matter what about a small dent vs. the other two
choices out there. I just tell them the supercharger did it!

But really, how can you choose other than the Challenger? This is the
car.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:06 AM

09 Orange

09 Orange,

Did you file a online case with Dodge? If you did, please post the case number. Thanks.

Bob
Old 02-10-2012, 10:52 AM

Photos: (2)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Minor Update:

I spoke with Lorrie at Dodge, she was very understanding. She said the problem isn't common, but she has heard of other similar claims coming through. She is going to send me an email link that will allow me to submit my repair documents so she can review the case further. She said she hoped to get back to me by the middle of next week to see if they could offer compensation.

Fav Quote:
Originally Posted by OmahaRumble View Post
I've never seen their tits before. I use the OEM ones and they don't flutter that much.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:19 AM

Cichlid

Cichlid,

I spoke to an agent from the Enhanced Customer Support section of Chrysler and they mentioned that they would have an engineer look at my car. I will keep you up-to-date!

BKuz
Old 02-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Premium Member

Maybe it could be from the high power water spray of the touch less car washers? Anyone have these dent an NOT have gone to a touch less washer?

My car is in storage and this will be the first thing I will inspect in the spring sunlight.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion > Challenger Issues & Problems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.