Potential 6 Speed Issue!?!? - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#11 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 08:58 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ive had my Challenger since August and that shift skip thing has only kicked in one time that I remember. I think it has something to do with your acceleration so maybe if you dont short shift you will hardly ever notice it. The only issue Ive noticed about the shifter is that it definitely needs to warm up because when you first start driving there is a gear nibble between 2nd and 3rd that goes away after about 10-15 minutes of driving.

ZardozSpeakstoYou
2012 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic 6 spd
1973 Dodge B-100 Tradesman Shorty No-Window Van
2005 Dodge 1500 Hemi Quadcab
2007 Harley Davidson FLHT

Last edited by ZardozSpeakstoYou; 12-19-2012 at 09:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 09:23 AM

(Thread Starter)
You've all been a great help. Thank you very much for your time.

Also, a big shout out to Shawn at speedlogix. Hooked me up with a great deal on my eliminator plus an LMI intake!
#13 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 10:52 AM

I also find this skip shift thing VERY annoying! Noticed it on my '12 fairly quickly & thought something was wrong until I read about it from this site. It is rather dangerous when you are in traffic - like making a turn with traffic following closely behind you & all of a sudden you can't get it into gear & lose acceleration. If this was done for fuel mileage gains it was a totally stupid idea on Chrysler's part. I've had this happen on a lot of occasions. I'll be looking into the skip shift eliminator this spring.

• 2012 Header orange R/T, 6-speed manual, STP, Sunroof.
  • AAR Cuda from NM.
  • '72 Cuda 340 w/Factory Sunroof. AZ. survivor car.
#14 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 10:59 AM

^This!

It's funny this thread came up. This morning I had a scare because of the skip shift. Traffic came to a stop in front of me due to someone waiting to turning left (across traffic). As the right lane cleared I saw my opportunity and started poking the nose of the car out and unleash the Hemi... Slowly hit the gas and try for 2nd and nothing happens. That damn message came up as I quickly tossed it into 3rd and finally got up to a decent speed. Skip shift eliminator will be ordered along w/ a catch can right after Xmas.

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T 6-Speed Granite Crystal Metallic

2006 Jeep Commander Limited HEMI 4x4: Traded
#15 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 12:33 PM
Supporting Vendor

Thanked 1,073 Times in 661 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Chrysler didnt originate the idea, they copied it.......dont remember i think GM did it first
Luke

THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH US
WE WILL NOT BE UNDERSOLD!!!!!!
PLEASE VISIT
WWW.STEVEWHITEPARTS.COM
FOR THE BEST MOPAR PARTS PRICES ON THE INTERNET!!!!!!
facebook.com/stevewhiteparts1
828-324-4410
800-779-3634
#16 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevewhiteparts View Post
OPERATION

The PCM controls the skip shift solenoid, locking out second and third gear when all of the following conditions are met:

• Engine coolant exceeds 41C (106F)
  • Vehicle speed is between 12 and 20 MPH
  • Engine operating above 1322 RPM
  • The PCM verified first gear speed/RPM
  • Throttle position sensor (TPS) signal is less than 0.68 volt above closed throttle (23 percent throttle opening)
The solenoid resets when vehicle speed drops below 3 MPH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevewhiteparts View Post
the skipshift should not prevent 3rd at all, if it really does block 3rd engagement, then something is wrong, on my 11 it will indicate on the evic everytime it tries to do it.....says something like " 1 to 4th"
Luke
Err should read your posts, not sure where the first one came from but fixed by next. Skip shift has been all tremecs for years now every since they removed the annoying shift lights ( REAL low RPM ones) like I had on a 92 Chevy 5speed, Eco thingee!

First 09 sold in DFW, 08/30/08 BB-SE/G TRADED for Sickr PCP, 10 PCP R/T 6-Spd 7/5/10, Dream Since Teens! Mods; Mopar strutbrace, CAI, Borla ATAK, Custom Raptor SL, Moroso CC, SSE, Hurst w/70's mod, BR sequentials, Amber/Red sw/LEDs, Hotchkis Swys, r-Police/Spohn,R1 Slots/CentricPads-all, SXHood, DCS pins, Sickr rear/delete w/6x9s&12"sub, Boss 338s f 235/50/18, r 275/40/20ZR Motivos.
"TexasOutlawChallengers-ChallengerJam"
Studies show; PCP is highly ADDICTIVE in 6-speed form!
#17 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 10:02 AM

I installed the eliminator at the side position as shown on the instructions. It worked, but now I cant shift to 2nd or 3rd gear when at idle and it is really tugh to get it into reverse. Challengerbliss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion > Challenger Issues & Problems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode