Radio volume doesn't work - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Radio volume doesn't work

So I was driving my car today 08 challenger. I park it cut it off run into the house for about an hr, come back out start it up and tried turning up the volume to no avail? I couldn't even see the volume meter on the screen move. I tried to turn on the navigation to see if it would talk...nothing switched between CD and aux on my iPhone all nothing. This ever happen to anyone or any idea what the issue could be? I just bought this car back in July with 8500 miles on it so shes still relatively new. I haven't added anything as far as audio just the 13" kicker that comes with the 08"s is in the trunk.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-27-2012, 04:57 PM

My 730n was acting up a few weeks ago. I removed the head unit and disconnected then reconnected the wiring harness, now all is seems fine.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
So I started the car up today problem fixed volume was working again

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-28-2012, 10:37 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I can't help with your problem, but I'm glad I got a radio with two (manual) knobs for the volume and station control.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 R/T SP, 23G, 6-Speed Tremec, SG-II (ordered 7/10, built 9/8, home 9/17/14)
Mods: Skip Shift Eliminator, HC airbox (no need to mod anything else)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2015 Jeep Renegade Traihawk

2009 R/T 27F, 6-Speed Tremec
Mods: Skip Shift Eliminator, Hood Struts, Functional Hood Scoops, RPI Designs Mud Flaps, Cabin Air Filter, OEM Sound Group II
Traded
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 08:12 PM

The exact same this happened to me this morning. I switched from FM to SAT and all sound coming from the speakers went off...volume dial was unresponsive at the head unit and the steering wheel controls. The voice control for all systems was also dead. I turned the head unit off and on and it did not fix the issue. After parking the car for ~6 hours at wor
k the problem went away. I suspect it had something to do with the amp overheating but I could be wrong. I have the 730N with sound group II.

]
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 09:20 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I had the same problem with my 2011 losing volume while driving. I went back and forth to the dealer numerous times for service. They replaced the following: Steering wheel harness, steering wheel controls, amp, head unit twice, and reflash the computer. Every time I went back they tried something else. The last time I was in for service was 6 months ago. It has gone out twice since then. I did not take it back in again. I called on the phone and they wanted me to bring it back when a Chrysler Engineer was in my area. What good would that do if the problem wasn't present at that time.

If you turn the car off and back on it still does not work. You need to turn it off for at least 10 minutes and then restart. It will now work again.

2015 Sublime SRT
1973 Rallye 440-6
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I haven't had any issues with it since. Wonder what the cause of this would be? Hopefully its not a recurring issue here. ToxicRT let us know what happens or if you get any word to the problem.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 07:40 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I gave up trying to get it fixed. After 6 months of back and forth and replacing all the above noted parts they were clueless as to what was causing it. Being so intermittent was no help either. It could not be duplicated on demand. The next step was meeting the engineer and probably giving them the car a few weeks to drive to see if it happened to them. Knock on wood it has been good for the last few months. I really think it is a cold weather issue since it's been good since the seasons changed. I guess I'll see what happens this winter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion > Challenger Issues & Problems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode