Rough Idle - 392 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 02:24 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
* SOLVED * Rough Idle - 392- Thank you Afterhours Mopar

What's up all .. I dont post very often but I'm asking the community for some assistance ... The car is idling very rough, pratically stalling out.. Getting the following codes.. P0420, P0430, P0137, P2245, P0300.

First I wanted to thank Scott & Jon over @ Afterhours Mopar for helping me out in such short notice. You guys are great and your customer service is top notch. Second F**K YOU Arrigo Dodge WPB

PS- Your your new location in Pompano is awesome

2011 Challenger SRT8
SpeedLogix
Catch Can
SpeedLogix Exhaust (Zoomers)
TTI LT Headers/ Catless Mids

Last edited by OpTimus; 08-20-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 07:51 PM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
You need to take it in to the dealership, especially if it's under warranty, and have them diagnose your catalytic converter O2 sensors.

Chances are, the ones you have, need to be replaced or wiring to them is damaged.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

2015 376 cu-in SRT S/C Hellcat Torred (ordered; BX)
2012 392 cu-in SRT8 Tungsten - 12.847 @ 109.89 mph
2010 370 cu-in SRT8 Torred - 12.604 @ 112.11 mph (Spartan Cam) / 12.817 @ 110.05 mph
2009 345 cu-in R/T Torred - 13.291 @ 103.67 mph

Bolt-On Mod Information
#3 (permalink) Old 08-20-2012, 08:39 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzazoo View Post
You need to take it in to the dealership, especially if it's under warranty, and have them diagnose your catalytic converter O2 sensors.

Chances are, the ones you have, need to be replaced or wiring to them is damaged.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Thanks Rayz.. I took it to the dealership and they told me since the car was "Modified" they couldn't do anything to it and basically had me go on my merry way. Turns out it was several issues .. driver O2 sensor was dirty,bad passenger O2 sensor and loose connection on my exhaust.
#4 (permalink) Old 09-08-2012, 11:13 PM

I've had the O2 sensors throw a code at least three times since I took delivery 19 months ago. The first time the diagnosis was bad fuel (from the factory). The car ran fine for a while and then continued to idle rough on cold starts and threw the O2 sensor code again. The sensors were replaced (below the cats) and still threw the code. The dealer has replaced the cats and it threw the code again within 200 miles. I happened to be driving to the dealer for a show the last time the MIL came on and even though it was late in the day I insisted that they take it in the shop and look at it. They are now treating it like it is a real problem and sent the entire service history to Engineering. I will take it back again soon and leave it so they can check it with a cold engine and hook up with Engineering while they look for the problem. The bad part is that I live 100 miles from the dealer so it's not a simple matter of dropping it off. While I'm glad to hear similar problems exist on other vehicles, I don't see that there is a fix for it yet. Hopefully they will find it on mine. I'll report back when I know more.

SRT8 392 IE #0118/1100

Member: http://forum.tucsonmoparclub.com/index.php
#5 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 11:29 PM

Well, the dealer kept the car for a couple of days and decided that they need to replace the exhaust manifolds. Of course, they didn't have the parts in stock so I took the car home for a week and today I took it back. They will install the new manifolds tomorrow and I'll get the car back on Saturday. I don't know how confident they are, but I'm not. So I'll report in again in about a week.
#6 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Steve View Post
Well, the dealer kept the car for a couple of days and decided that they need to replace the exhaust manifolds. Of course, they didn't have the parts in stock so I took the car home for a week and today I took it back. They will install the new manifolds tomorrow and I'll get the car back on Saturday. I don't know how confident they are, but I'm not. So I'll report in again in about a week.

I fail to see how replacing the exhaust manifolds will help this??? Sounds like something is fouling up the 02 sensors....too much oil getting through and onto them or some really crappy gas not burning right, could be ignition related, coils not giving enough juice, would only take one!!

Hopefully I am wrong and replacing the exhaust manifolds will do the trick!

2012 YJ Challenger SRT8 (sold, very sad)
2008 HO Challenger SRT8 (sold)
2010 B5 Challenger SRT8 (sold)
2010 DY Challenger R/T (sold)
#7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2012, 12:38 AM

I had the exhaust manifolds replaced last Friday. Here is the report;

"P2098 Down Stream Fuel Trim system too lean. Contact ED Star Line and told them what was going on with the vehicle. They never heard about this before. They had me talk to Field Technical Services Group. After Talking to Field Technical Services Group they had me run a few more tests and found a pin hole leak at the left and right bank Exhaust manifolds."

"After running test and finding exhaust leaks at the exhaust manifolds, removed the bad manifolds and replaced the seals and installed updated exhaust manifolds. Reinstalled all removed parts. Ran test again and the leaks are gone. The vehicle is running good and the engine light is staying off."

The service advisor drove the car about 50 miles before turning the car back over to me. I drove it around town in Tucson that day, and then drove it home (about 100 miles). No check engine light. It's been in the garage since Sunday, and will be driven to a show on Saturday about 35 miles from here. While I'm still skeptical about the fix, we'll find out in the next few weeks if this was the fix. Stay tuned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion > Challenger Issues & Problems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode