Shameful beat down - Page 5 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#41 (permalink) Old 12-22-2012, 02:44 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8srt8 View Post
This problem sounds similiar to having a bad throttle position sensor. Has the throttle position sensor been checked?

Wait a minute, do these cars HAVE a throttle position sensor? LOL!
Yes Fly by wire does.

You can try to re calibrate the throttle by tuning the car on to the start position. Slowly push the throttle to the floor and back to rest about 3 times.

I didn't think this was the case, but I had to do this on my 2008 HD Road Glide. It has FBW throttle as well.

I found the throttle calibration when I originally installed a Vance & Hines Fuel Pak. I could watch the digital read out on the FP when I twisted the throttle. It was part of the install process to synchronize the FP to the ECM and Throttle position.

It may not make a huge difference, but yes, you can and should do it when new, or when ever you disconnect the battery.

I don't think this is the cause of the bogging the OP had, but it's something you can try even if you haven't had any issues.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#42 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RippTyde View Post
hmmm...I guess autos aren't always faster than sticks
My iPhone can't even tell the difference between it's and it's.
I'd rather take responsibility for shifting the car myself. It'll be a six speed for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flygirl For This Useful Post:
USRWDV8 (12-23-2012)
#43 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 10:56 AM

Thanked 1,869 Times in 1,172 Posts
^^^ Loved that post although I did go with an auto for practical reasons. I also think (until AI is smarter than us and drives our cars, that is) that we're beta-testing all that tech we use with an amazing degree of trust. Best case scenario, it can take a task off your hands and do a decent job, but if you want immediate and accurate response to your inputs you gotta do it yourself. I know this sticks in the tech-lovers' craw, but once we take off the rosy glasses we have confirmation daily at this point in time. Oh, wait: my laptop is trying to get my attention...

You need to update what, Hal?... Now?! OK, then, if it's so critical I'll put everything on hold... No, can't restart now... Oh, are you counting down on me?!

Ok, guys, bye!

Last edited by USRWDV8; 12-23-2012 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Forgot my morning coffee
The Following User Says Thank You to USRWDV8 For This Useful Post:
pfflyer123 (12-26-2012)
#44 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
my RT has done it once.

i know how to avoid it though.

when you leave a stop sign or a stop light just give it gas all the way through.

don't let the car shift into second while going at a low RPM and then try to stomp on it - car will hate you for playing with it's emotions......
My R/T doesn't like that either. It will shift to 2nd early then when you punch it, it doesn't want to go back to first. The performance isn't as good as I'd like, but I wouldn't describe it as the same issue these guys seem to have.

It sounds like they punch it, and the car doesn't speed up at all, or even slows down. I've never experienced that issue.

It sounds to me like there is something wrong with your car. Hopefully Dodge will find it and fix it.
#45 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 05:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooney0 View Post
My R/T doesn't like that either. It will shift to 2nd early then when you punch it, it doesn't want to go back to first. The performance isn't as good as I'd like, but I wouldn't describe it as the same issue these guys seem to have.

It sounds like they punch it, and the car doesn't speed up at all, or even slows down. I've never experienced that issue.

It sounds to me like there is something wrong with your car. Hopefully Dodge will find it and fix it.
Nah - its the same thing...

Issue has been around for a few years...
#46 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 06:11 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooney0 View Post
I have given up. Dodge will not fix it. Dodge thinks it is normal operation.

Am getting rid of it as soon as things are settled. This SRT is nothing like my SRT10 Ram, drive-ability or quality. It's a shame too because the Challenger was set to be a car I would own for the next 5+ years.
#47 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitedrifter View Post
I have given up. Dodge will not fix it. Dodge thinks it is normal operation.

Am getting rid of it as soon as things are settled. This SRT is nothing like my SRT10 Ram, drive-ability or quality. It's a shame too because the Challenger was set to be a car I would own for the next 5+ years.
I think you just got a "dud"! There's always a couple in every bunch (hence, lemon laws).

I take it you're not going to buy another...

#48 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 07:51 PM
Nav

Quote:
Was on the road yesterday and getting onto a highway (2 lane on ramp) a mustang GT 5.0 pulls next to me. It was on! The road straightens out and he nails it. I punched it and........

THE CAR BOGGED!

Needless to say the mustang left me like I was a yugo! I tried to catch up but because I lost at least 2-3 seconds due to the bog I would have had to wait until 100+ to catch him and traffic was not light enough for that burst of speed.

Saddest part of this story is Dodge officially advised me (via their attorneys) during arbitration that the so called bogging I experience is normal operation of the car coming out of MDS even though when the bog condition happens the car is not in MDS, EVER! When the car bogs, it is like the engine shuts off and you actually lurch forward because of the loss of forward momentum. Oh, you only have forward momentum when you are accelerating on an upward incline on ramp and the 392's are NEVER in MDS during any type of acceleration such as that.

I am sure a pony owner is loving the fact he kicked a 392 azz yesterday.

Nice kill Mustang GT owner.

I had the same bogging down issue with my 3.6 L SE. Took it to the dealer and they couldn't find anything.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

2011 Challenger SE Bright White
~Reso Delete
~Muffler Delete
~18" Magnaflows
#49 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 08:12 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8srt8 View Post
I think you just got a "dud"! There's always a couple in every bunch (hence, lemon laws).

I take it you're not going to buy another...

I may but the whole Dodge/dealer thing really made me sick. I will think hard before doing it again and if I do, and I get another lemon. Shame on me.. LOL
#50 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 08:35 PM
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
would have had a better chance
That is why I got the six banger 3.6L. It's fast and no MDS - I didn't like the MDS constantly kicking in and out during the normal street driving in the R/T test drive and I wanted an automatic.
Do you know what was in the mustang aside from the 5L engine? Like maybe a supercharger or a nitrous set up - and/or a tuner? Are you using the Octane rating that you're supposed to use?

Personally, I'd rather be in a Challenger than in a Mustang during a high speed crash.

There's always gonna be someone that put a little more money in the "horsepower" than you. I bet you could easily outrun a Yugo.

Last edited by oceanrun; 12-23-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion > Challenger Issues & Problems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode