Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Steering Wheel

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  stevewhiteparts 
#1 ·
I own a 2012 Dodge Challenger, and just recently noticed the backside of my steering wheel is missing something... Where the paddleshifters are located, around the up/down radio controls there seems to be a black cover that belongs there, otherwise you can see the electronics inside the steering wheel. *DISLIKE* I called my local dealer where I bought the car and their answer was to not bother calling me back. I never noticed them missing before and this isn't a daily driver, so the only place the car has been besides a couple of shows has been the dealer-for an oil change- an appointment that had nothing to do with the steering wheel. It wasn't til my husband cleaned the car (and I am pretty thorough about detailing my car, so we can't believe I missed it) that he looked through the windshield and noticed the missing pieces. I couldn't get a part number, looked online and didn't find anything-I don't want to replace the whole steering wheel. I just want to know if anyone else had this problem, and if they did, how did they go about getting those two small black pieces replaced?

#4 ·
I definitely called to try to let the service dept. know, and hoped that was the direction they would take it...it didn't sound too hopeful. usually when I fail to get through the dealership's dept, I always fall back on the forums, because they are indeed helpful...

#3 ·
Sorry to hear. i'd give you mine if I got my Hurst Paddle Kit but that wont happen for some time. Got to get Gauges installed first.

I ended up ordering the rear vent assembly from the dealer and I was surprised that it was only 30.00 for the whole thing. So those panels may be very cheap. Just make a call to local dealer. If not, do as previous poster suggested but not sure what thats going to do.

Reactions: 1finechally
#6 · (Edited)
OKAY!! Just got an update, from the dealership...the service dept couldn't find a part number on it, said it was part of the steering wheel as a whole...the other more important fact is that he has two 2012 Dodge Challengers on the lot. One has them-the other one is missing both the left and right....he's going to call Dodge and see what to do-hoping he also gets an easy answer so that I can post it up here to help anyone else out who may have had the same issue...keep ya posted! :)

(This is posted after the previous comment, thanks for your help-definitely going to look into getting those pieces...)

#8 · (Edited)
Yes indeed the dealership called me back and told me this is what Dodge told them...they weren't aware of the issue and Dodge claimed that some of the Challengers were supposed to have those pieces missing :jawdrop:
With all due respect to Dodge, since every vehicle we have owned is a Dodge...I have to say I find that very hard to believe. The service manager agrees with me, saying he too finds it hard to believe since he saw where they belong and they too have a Challenger that needs them. We shall see where we go from here, but I did request the numbers given above. Thanks for all your help here :bouncy::thanks:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.