Sunroof Stopped Working - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion > Challenger Issues & Problems

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2013, 12:04 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (3)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This happened to me when I first got the car and again today. Tried the holding the "close" button and it seemed to free itself up. Also cleaned the gasket and body. Fuse would probably have resolved as well. This forum is great for learning and correcting issues. Thanks to all!

Mopar Splash Guards; Lloyd Custom Floor Mats; Turn-Signal Delete; Mopar Wheel Locks; Tinted Windows; PVC Piping Trim; Skip-Shift Eliminator; SRT Start Button Cover; "HEMI" 3rd Brake Light Template; Billet Cup Holder; SRT Tire Valve Caps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2013, 01:36 PM

Photos: (0)
This may sound mean But that one of the reasons I did not get a sunroof just wait till the car gets old more problem with it and the other reason you lose head room and if you are tall that is not good. Good luck with the people that has sunroofs HEMIB5BLUE
Old 07-13-2013, 06:48 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Ok now this just happened to me and I knew I had read something about sunroof problems.

It stuck wide open and would not shut. I found that by constantly pressing the middle button it would inch forward until it was finally closed. Then... like the wise guy I am, I press it again and it sticks in the open vent position - argh - and will not close -argh!

I relaxed, had a cold one, and checked CT where I found this thread. The recalibration using the middle button for 30 seconds seemed to do the trick. Now it works as expected.

I love this forum. Thanks all.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Last edited by SRT Wasp; 07-13-2013 at 09:01 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:04 PM

Happened to me this morning . I opened the sunroof and then decided to close it and put the AC on. The sunroof got stuck in the open position and wouldn't close unless I kept hitting the venting button in the middle. But then it got stuck in the venting position and wouldnt close. Less then 430 miles on my car and it's only been home for 1 week and problems already. I went inside to cool off a bit, came back out, hit the switch again and it closed. Wentout later on and opened the sunroof again only for it to get stuck open once again. First thing in the morning I too will be trying that recalibration trick.
D: 5/9/13
D1: 5/14/13 (VIN Assigned)
E: Frame 6/13/13
F: Paint 6/13/13
G: Trim 6/13/13
I: Built, pending final inspection 6/13/13
J: Built, OK'd: 6/17/13
KZ: Released by plant, invoiced 6/18/13
KZM: First rail departure 6/20/13
KZX: Delivered 6/27/13
Taken Home: 7/15/13
Old 07-29-2013, 11:33 AM

Photos: (53)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The only time mine sticks is when I hit close and then turn off the key. It doesn't operate like the windows do. They work until you open the door, even when turning off the key as they are going up. I have to turn on the key and then the roof will start working again. I'm sure your problem is different.
Mods -Magnaflow 16500 (dual quad tips) - Chrome Clad 20" wheels - Mopar Wheel Caps - Body Color Spoiler - Chrome Fuel Door - Locking Gas Cap - Hood Struts - Functional Hood Scoops - K&N DIF - Mopar Nose Badge - Fender Extensions - RPI Splash Guards - Mopar T-Handle - Stainless Pedal Kit - HomeLink - Hands Free uconnect mic - Lockpick - Boyo rear camera - Relay on plate light - DRL activated - WebElectric Sequential Signals.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:54 AM

I've opened and closed mine just a few times but it seems when I close the roof it sometimes pops up
to vent instead of closes. try to close the vent and it opens, I figured I was just not familiar with it
and wasn't hitting the correct button.. but it's not gotten stuck so far.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RonsSRT View Post
Happened to me this morning . I opened the sunroof and then decided to close it and put the AC on. The sunroof got stuck in the open position and wouldn't close unless I kept hitting the venting button in the middle. But then it got stuck in the venting position and wouldnt close. Less then 430 miles on my car and it's only been home for 1 week and problems already. I went inside to cool off a bit, came back out, hit the switch again and it closed. Wentout later on and opened the sunroof again only for it to get stuck open once again. First thing in the morning I too will be trying that recalibration trick.
You can pull the fuse in (rear power dist center/by battery) that is a blue color 20A fuse for the sunroof in cavity #44 - that will re-set the sunroof. When you re-power it, put it vent position by holding button, then cycle close, open and then it should be back to normal.

Eibach Sportline Suspension
Hotchkis Sway Bars
Nitto 555 Extreme 265/50-18"
392 Cam / DS CMR tune
Hurst /G&K modded short-throw shifter
The Following User Says Thank You to Hal H For This Useful Post:
Onemanop (10-02-2013)
Old 07-29-2013, 01:18 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
happened to me in the first week while driving-got home turn off the car and restarted and it worked again.. werid
cervani functional ram air
3 inch cat back flowmasters
87mm arrington throttle body
22 inch custom 5 spoke rims on toyos
3.92 rear end
hi-flow mid cats-
150 shot N.O.S
Old 08-05-2013, 11:25 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Well it happened again - got stuck in the vent open position and did not want to respond after that. Holding the center button for 30 seconds seems to have cleared it and I was able to close it. Time to let the dealer know I guess.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Last edited by SRT Wasp; 08-05-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:57 PM

This happened to our 2012 just a few days ago. My wife was driving it & opened it, then it would not close at all - wide open. I told her to shut off the car, restart, & try again - to no avail - no action at all. Then later she was driving down the road, tried to close it, still no response. Driving down the road a little more, she tried it again & it closed. THERE MUST BE A TSB ON THIS!!!

I also agree with a previous poster - I really DON'T want the dealer pulling trim & the headliner to start tearing into this problem unless it's a LAST resort. Trim goes on at the factory & it never comes apart again & back together without issues! Rattles, fits, etc. all start rearing-up after taking things apart!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion > Challenger Issues & Problems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.