Sunroof Stuck - Page 3 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#21 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 05:46 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I had my sunroof module and motor replaced last fall after it stuck open in the vent position also. The dealer did a great job and I haven't had a problem since. Possibly a quality control problem with the original supply of modules or motors?

DWBDave
09 R/T 6 Speed 3.92
Deep Water Blue
Feelin' the Grin! and...loving it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#22 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 06:31 AM

I had another Dodge with a sunroof and brought it in for something else, the dealer working on the car must have opened the sunroof and it wouldn't work. They eventually replaced the motor. I bought my SRT 8 with a sunroof to have it, but rarely if ever use it, don't ask. But guess that sticks in my mind about the motor going. Guess it doesn't take much but am curious and will use it just to see if anything happens. At least once it becomes an issue and is fixed, it is always covered. Not like if they fix it and the warranty goes that they are not liable. Once it is an issue and is not resolved, they will keep looking to fix it. At least that has been my experience.
#23 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 07:37 AM
Oil

To put it politely, the sunroof is my 'least favorite' thing about the Challenger.
#24 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 08:03 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
dont use the sunroof. its only for looking thru. i have an 02 old aurora and the sunroof is fubar too. they are just for looking thru. if you use them, they break
#25 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air View Post
this settles it: no sunroof option
Good idea, it also cuts some headroom but try and find one that you want without a sunroof, like a needle in a haystack..... Mrs. Mopar seems to want us all to have sun...
#26 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 08:47 AM
Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steevan View Post
Good idea, it also cuts some headroom but try and find one that you want without a sunroof, like a needle in a haystack..... Mrs. Mopar seems to want us all to have sun...
I totally agree that it cuts headroom. I'm only 6'2" but sunroof cars are a no-go for me. Also you get added weight, mechanical complexity, leak potential, and cost. Not to mention it takes away from the look of the car, at least IMHO. But most car companies like to push fully loaded cars out to the dealers, so a lot of the inventory on the lots have sunroofs. Maybe that's another reason they can't move them as fast as they'd like.
#27 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 09:48 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i didnt want a sunroof in mine. but i couldnt find a pcp white stripe track pack car without it. but there probably is one out there i couldnt find.

#28 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgJuce View Post
same problem for me. it would not close and after letting it sit for about an hour it would close again. took it to the dealership, they knew of the problem and told me it was a computer issue. They "trained" my roof again by re-flashing the system. have not had a problem since (about 3 months now).
I went through the same problem yesterday and they did the exact same thing. It was under warranty so I paid nothing but for something so simple the charge was $26 on the worksheet.

#29 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 01:32 PM

Ive had this problem a couple of times, I pulled the fuse(fuse was fine) and reinserted it and that worked every time. not sure what the malfunction is, but its recurring. Its almost like it gets "confused" as to what position its in.

The Stable:

2009 Challenger DWB R/T 6SPD
2011 Dodge Durango Heat
2002 GMC 3500 Dually (8.1l/Allison)
2002 Subaru Impreza
1995 Baja Outlaw 24 SST: why I have no money in the bank.

Cheers!
#30 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEER_ME_in_CT View Post
Ive had this problem a couple of times, I pulled the fuse(fuse was fine) and reinserted it and that worked every time. not sure what the malfunction is, but its recurring. Its almost like it gets "confused" as to what position its in.
In case this happens again. What fuse do you pull to reset the system?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion > Challenger Issues & Problems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode