Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Black Hood on White Scat Pack?

8K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  PrplHd 
#1 ·
Ok, just got my black hell cat hood on my white scat pack. Only problem is the dealer has to repaint it due to small swirls.

I'm wondering if I should just go with the factory white on the hell cat hood.

Any opinions out there?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I think I'd paint it white because it's to unfinished looking, like you got in an accident and the hood hasn't been painted yet lol. I hope they use a light colored primer because the black would really show through with nicks from rocks or whatever.

#13 ·
Ok, after careful thinking, I've decided to go with a gloss black hell cat hood. The stain black looks good, but the maintenance may be a bit much.

Yeah, I know some don't like the gloss black, but I think it will look pretty good. My wheels are satin, but really have a gloss to them.

I'll also get the hood wrapped to protect it. At least, this is my decision for today. :)

#14 ·
I thought the theory of black hoods on cars were usually to paint them "flat vs. glossy" in order to reduce glare....... If you paint it glossy black it may end up looking like Adam-12. Just my opinion.... It's your car, do what makes you happy and enjoy. :thumbsup:

#15 ·
You are correct and I have it flat now, but not liking the constant maintenance of it. Going to wrap it. I had low gloss on another car and no issues with glare at all. Appreciate the feedback too.

#16 ·
What did you end up doing? Wrap it or paint it glossy black? I am thinking of getting a glossy black hood and was curious if anyone has done that instead of the satin. I think it will look fine but curious if anyone has a photo from one they did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.