Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Body Painted Coolant Tank

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  FreddyG 
#1 ·
A couple weeks back, I met a local guy at one of the Mopar shows that we were both in and as I was looking under the hood of his car, he had a nicely painted coolant tank. When I asked him about it, he told me he paints them as his business. In his trunk, he showed me a Sublime, Jazz Blue and Torred tanks that he just finished and they were like gems! He uses factory paint from a local jobber and only new tanks (too much prep to use an old one). He painted my Redline Red Tri-coat just like factory; base color coat, pearl coat, clear coat. It actually looked too nice to bury under the hood! I think the cost is reasonable, $170 (which is all-in- new tank+painting+shipping) which includes shipping anywhere USA. In my case, we just met locally and he handed it to me. He also paints fuse boxes, washer fluid tanks, etc. Really great guy....now I'm thinking of some other stuff to paint up....

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.