Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Carbon fiber wrapped my T/A hood, thats got to be a First anywhere lol

10K views 45 replies 27 participants last post by  Drag Pak 
#1 ·
So i have not yet had time to get my new T/A hood painted since I installed it, I have just been running the black Ecoat but it was starting to get finicky so something had to be done. Ive been wrapping alot of hoods lately so i figured what the hell..ima see how it looks..I must ssay I like it!! What you guys think????? I can almost be sure that nobody has ever done that before...

See less See more
Reactions: Highperf15
#2 ·
Mine is sitting in the crate it was shipped in...and I literally ordered the materials to do this 47 min ago!!!!!!!! I cannot believe I log in and you have this on here! I have a white challenger with black mirrors, carbon wrapped Nascar Spoiler and black rims...So i thought the matte carbon would look good!:werd:

#4 ·
Thanks I appreciate it!! Carbon pattern is very hard to work because you have to stretch it and pull it without distorting the pattern

#10 ·
Man that looks BADASS. You definitely took a risky gamble with it but you won for sure. I was skeptical when I saw the title of the thread but as soon as I saw the pics I was floored. Great decision and great work.

Kudos also for opting to not wrap the scoop.That was another great decision.
thanks man..your compliments are much appreciated!!

#7 ·
RTS001 .... any pics of your car ...... CF looks great

#9 ·
Now THAT looks awesome. I've got a friend who has offered to CF wrap my stock hood. I've kinda been on the fence about it but after seeing yours I might just take him up on it. Great job!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
thanks man I really appreciate it..It was alot of work but worth it..

#12 ·
Thanks shifty!!!!

#17 ·
When I read the subject of your post I thought "uh oh, trailer park", but not at all, she looks really sharp. Great Job!

#18 ·
Very interesting. Personally I really like mine painted the same color as the car. But, in your situation AND given the skills that you have I think you may have made the best decision. I have to admit, I am a sucker for originality and yours fits that bill for sure.

#19 ·
Thanks so much you guys...it's always nice to hear ya did good!!!

#20 ·
not a fan of the CF look but looks like a high quality install...good job

#21 ·
That looks awesome! Great idea and great work!!!!!

#23 · (Edited)
Thanks for All of the positive comments guys..I got the sportlines and eibach in now and im loving it..ill be postin fresh pics today or tommorow..the car is really comin together and is almost done (for now) had a crazy urge and almost did trade it in on a PCP super bee 392 charger but I passed..my car is almost paid for and I kinda thinking about pickin up a s/charged srt used when one pops up t right price..there's a nice b5 blue one with kenne on it in Portland for 40k..I haven't even had y car for 6months tho so we wil see..I love my car but dammit I want a supercharger without dropping 7k for one lol

#24 ·
That looks really cool. Very nice job.

#25 ·
Thank u sir!!

#26 ·
I must say, as some others here already posted, at first I was skeptical, but then I saw the pics and it looks positively, BADASS! I like it! Great job!

#28 ·
Well I buy the material in bulk direct from manufacturer, I typically charge 250-325 per hood depending in the hood..not all hoods can be wrapped due to some crazy angles and coves that some hoods have. I did a Chrysler 300 hod and it was a bish!! It turned out nice but it was an absolute BISH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.