Challenger Grill Trim - Page 7 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Featured Product
» Auto Insurance

» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Exterior Discussion / Modifications

Exterior Discussion / Modifications Want to change the look and appearance of your Dodge Challenger? This section is for the discussion of any exterior visual modifications. Examples include wheels, custom paint, grills, etc.

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2012, 06:42 PM

Photos: (53)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
With the black hood and such, I think it looks pretty good. Yeah, the color is a little off. Too bad you didn't get the exact match. One nice thing, you can keep it like this for a while and then do something different. I keep saying that about putting a Yellow Jacket stripe on the side of my car. I keep telling myself that I can take it off in a couple of years if I don't like it.
Mods -Magnaflow 16500 (dual quad tips) - Chrome Clad 20" wheels - Mopar Wheel Caps - Body Color Spoiler - Chrome Fuel Door - Locking Gas Cap - Hood Struts - Functional Hood Scoops - K&N DIF - Mopar Nose Badge - Fender Extensions - RPI Splash Guards - Mopar T-Handle - Stainless Pedal Kit - HomeLink - Hands Free uconnect mic - Lockpick - Boyo rear camera - Relay on plate light - DRL activated - WebElectric Sequential Signals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2012, 07:57 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm going to paint my grill trim Blue Streak to match my R/T. I got a spray can of it from www.automotivetouchup.com. I've ordered from there before, the color has always matched great.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by hemipowerv8 View Post
Ok did the grille surround PD red about 2 weeks ago, and it looks...good...but not great...I feel like the red is too bright unless I do the WHOLE car that red to match and don't really want to PD my whole car...although I have a HVLP gravity feed paint gun and compressor...lol.

What do you guys think? Stay red? Back to stock? Try black?? I'm on the fence...
Try painting just the front edge of the trim red and leave the rest black. That would nice man

Old 09-17-2012, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Gator Brah View Post
Try painting just the front edge of the trim red and leave the rest black. That would nice man
Hmm that's a thought...would be different for sure. I think for now I need to go back to stock and figure out what I want. That red is too bright and looks like hooker lipstick...
GO: Flowmaster catback - Trinity custom tune - catch can - Nitto Invo 315/35 rear on 20x10 stock wheel n 245 front, RE front & rear strut tower brace - LMI CAI - 180 degree T-stat - Mopar lowering springs - Eibach sway bars - ARH LT headers - MM ported heads - API 90mm tb - ported intake manifold - 274 Comp cam
Next: ProCharger, forged pistons, Motul fluid, Hawk pads
Old 09-17-2012, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by hemipowerv8 View Post
Hmm that's a thought...would be different for sure. I think for now I need to go back to stock and figure out what I want. That red is too bright and looks like hooker lipstick...
I agree. Looks like a bit much red on the front. If you did just the front lip red that would be a very tasteful way to add a bit of color.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:24 PM
Premium Member

Have been wanting the Black Chrome GS 82212354 for a while. But did not want to pay the install.

I checked my local Dodge dealer web site today and it said they willl install any accessory purchased from them for free. I called and they said yes, so I ordered one. Will be taking in my SRT later this week to be installed for FREE!. Cost of GS will be $159.00. A little more than say Speedlogix, but not bad for installed.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:26 PM
Premium Member

I wonder if they would install an aluminum 426 for free? LOL.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by IBQWIK View Post
Have been wanting the Black Chrome GS 82212354 for a while. But did not want to pay the install.

I checked my local Dodge dealer web site today and it said they willl install any accessory purchased from them for free. I called and they said yes, so I ordered one. Will be taking in my SRT later this week to be installed for FREE!. Cost of GS will be $159.00. A little more than say Speedlogix, but not bad for installed.
Nice! Post some pics up for us please
Old 12-05-2012, 02:43 PM

My mind is blown as to how the first person even thought to try and wedge a screwdriver in there to release these clips. Ive looked at it top and bottom and can't for the life of me figure out how to wedge one in there. Theres like no room at all and the plastic doesn't give either

Mods: Slammed on BC Coilovers - Plastidipped wheels - Flowtech "RedHot" glasspacks w/ resonators removed - Sequential taillights - 20% tint all around - Hurst shifter - Apexcone 6K HID Headlights 10k HID Fogs - personalized license plate "6 SPEED"
Old 12-05-2012, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by SICKSPD View Post
My mind is blown as to how the first person even thought to try and wedge a screwdriver in there to release these clips. Ive looked at it top and bottom and can't for the life of me figure out how to wedge one in there. Theres like no room at all and the plastic doesn't give either
It took me like two days to get a feel for how much pressure to use with the screwdrivers.

I used multiple screwdrivers for the top side of the grille to try to pop it off first.

Just remember to take your time with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Exterior Discussion / Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.