Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Few days off work...... soooooo time for a few mods to get done

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  doughboy 
#1 · (Edited)
Well had a few days free from work so I decided to focus on a few mods i have been planning on doing for a while but not had the time.
I already had most of the parts sitting on my shelfs so it was nice to spend bits of my days doin the mods..included in the mods were as follows

Converted REQ stereo to new double din touch screen kenwood ddx719 and integrated the steering wheel controls,factory amplifier and canbus system

Installed black anodized BT catch can

Installed Airaid 350-199 Poweraid throttlebody spacer kit to accent my airaid intake setup.

Installed the 392 engine covers,(no cutting necessary at all) still have not shaved the emblems but Ill make myself a nice set of custom domed hemi badges later this week or next..till then the 392 will remain!! (I have the oem hemi single piece cover for sale in the parts for sale forum)

Installed the lakewood strut tower bar ..had it on before but it was barely rubbing my engine cover so I removed it until the 392 covers arrived.

Added the oracle remote system to my halo headlight and fog lights

Installed my new Hurst gunslinger short throw shifter setup...I gotta say that this is my favorite thing Ive done to the car..I absolutely love how it feels..I was worried it was going to be to tall but nope..Im in love!!

Tommorow I plan on adding some of my 15" red smd halo strips in my engine bay and tapping them into my remote system..below I will post some flix

Heres my kenwood DDX719 stereo install..I moved the side spacer brackets as far forward as I could so that the stereo would sit flush and not "hang out" as ive seen some of the challenger installs do..I dont like when they stick out 1/2 inch past the fascia..looks nasty in my opinion

heres my factory engine bay with factory cover

and heres the new 392 ones...i had to do alot of cleaning to make it look good cuz it was dusty but it looks great now!! Also you can see the BT catch can installed..im not really likiing the larger hose so im rethinking ways to make that look cleaner and better..maybe some hard platic line or something along that line.Im very picky about the small details.You can also see the new airaid Poweraid Throttle body spacer..I know theres mixed reviews about the effectiveness of the t.b spacers but hey it added some red under the hood and it sounds a little throatier if nothin else..its supposed to go nicely with my airraid intake setup and add some lower end tq points.

and the halos all wired to remote

proud to say that Ive done all of the work myself every step of the way (halos included) and im very pleased with how it looks..Im considering mounting the Led strips on bottom side of the strut bar..what you guys think?

See less See more
#2 ·
I think the glow of the leds should be all thats seen under the hood but not the leds themselves..thats why i was considering the underside of the strut bar..anyone else got any other placement ideas forvthe two 15" strips? Im going to tap them into may halo rwmote brain so they will not only be remote control but they will flash/strobe/breath along with my halos! I saw a guy mount them on hos cowl facing the engine but then you can see the led strip..im looking for a glow effect with led strips concealed somewheres..i originally got them to go under dash but im hapy with the current lighting of the guts and dont wanna overdo it inside. Also considered grill but again with halo headlights and fogs i dont want to overdo it to the front end. I dont want it to look like i raided the lighting aisle at pep boys lol.i want it clean and classy

#3 ·
now to start stockpiling my next wave of mods lol..its hard to not rush out to shop and install them the minute they arrive but Im a pretty busy guy so they end up getting shelfed until I can devote a day..The challenger is not my daily driver so if i have it partially disassembled for days at a time its ok..The rain season is about to start here so it will stay garaged anyway unless theres a suny dry day here and there. It was nice to have the parts stockpiled though..i went out and setup my folding table and laid everything out on the table and just started installing things one at a time..I did my halos a week or so ago and the 392 chin spoiler the week before that..Only had the car about two m onths now and she has come a long way in that time.Now to decide whats next..I would love to supercharge it but it costs so much damn money lol..anyone ever go turbo route?

#5 ·
Thanks man..it definitely is!

#9 ·
Thanks fellas!! Got more plans in mind but prob gotta lay off on car mods till after holidays..gotta spoil my kids for a bit instead of my car lol

#11 ·
Thanks elie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.