Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Halo Lights or not??

28K views 41 replies 18 participants last post by  rhodes234 
#1 ·
I just purchased a 2013 Challenger R/T. I am thinking of replacing the headlight with CG® - Black Dual CCFL Halo Projector Headlights. What yall think? What are the pros and cons?

#3 ·
Halos are on:

BMW
Camaro (optional)

don't need to 'confuse' with styling borrowed from other brands.

Halos, to me are more of BMW styling cue as they originated it.

#5 · (Edited)
I think, if you like them kirby, you should put them on. Ford was the one that made cars, so are all our other cars to be confused with style now? Of course not, that would be just as silly...

I LOVE MY HALOS!!

Attachments

#6 ·
Halo Lighting

For what it's worth, when I was a (punk??) younger lad we'd run around with our park lights on and I thought it looked good. In today's technology we've DRL ( daytime running lights) in canada that acheives that with the turn signals. Since the cars are actually built here it should only require the appropriate module..........looks good and really is alot safer to boot.

Anyway, it's an option ( a very affordable option ) that'll set you apart.

#9 · (Edited)
Thanks Deuce'!

I had halogens and wanted a DRL (not just amber parking lights) so added these HiD projectors with HALOS by AnzoUSA - they can be found for 'bout 400-500 bucks for the pair on ebay.

#8 ·
MyMistriss, to this day, in my neck of the woods, that is still common practice.

...and coming from Motorcycles, you are TONS ( well, they say 75%) more visible with some sort of lights on.

It's a worthwhile feature - BMW got it right I guess.

#14 ·
I love mine!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Attachments

#15 ·
oh man!!!................CHALLENGER DEEP that looks GREAT ~ nice job and good eye!!!!!
Thanks I was trying to add the wow factor. I have a multishift kit that will change multiple colors, slow to fast, strobe lights, etc. I have a short video but I cannot figure out how to upload from my phone. IT'S awesome I also have a L.E.D. scanner bar( not seen here ) with multiple functions and colors

Sent from my SCH-I510 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#16 ·
I'll be adding Halos to my SRT8 later this year. Oracle lighting is releasing their new Plasma model later this year so I'm waiting for them!

#19 ·
Wow! Really?

....*shakes head*....

...perhaps you are confusing halos (what we're talking about here) with the "bright oncoming lights" that you say annoy you when someone wrongly puts HiDs in a halogen housing....

Two different things entirely.

#27 ·
You can add an hid kit to it

#30 ·
Go to oraclelights.com you can order em yourself or find a dealer/installer around your area. I'm waiting for my fog lights to come in, they're back ordered but should be in by the end of the month. Ill post pictures

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I don't want to have to split the headlight housing, and in addition I like the blacked out headlights that are available now, so I want to go with a new blacked out housing with the halos already installed.

#31 ·
Well depending on your car, they have some that are Pre installed in the headlight and all you gotta do is install the whole unit. or you can pay the money for a professional to do it. I'm taking mine to an installer to do it (only cause I know how easy it is to f*ck up). As for the blacked out look, personally I'm not a huge fan so I don't really know how to help you there man

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#33 ·
BlueBot, thanks for the link. I didn't know that they were available from there pre-installed, although the price is a bit steep by the time your all finished. My car is Blackberry Pearl, so I'm thinking the blacked out housing would look good, although I have to admit it might be killer with the housing painted to match the car. Decisions, decisions.

#36 ·
When I bought my ccfl halo headlights I went for the black housings as well but after the install you can hardly tell the difference. Regardless of which way you go (oracle or ccfl) there will be some sweat put into the install.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.