Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Hawaiianeze - #ProjectHulk Liberty Walk Challenger Thread

91K views 155 replies 69 participants last post by  SiunatSemaj 
#1 · (Edited)
Hawaiianeze - #ProjectHulk Liberty Walk Challenger Thread ***PHASE 2

Hey guys I am new to this forum and wanted to introduce myself. I bought a 2015 Fully Loaded Dodge Challenger Scat Pack from Sierra Dodge Monrovia back in January of 2015 and was able to acquire them as my first sponsor to "Project Hulk" I had intentions from day one to be the first have the first 2015 Liberty Walk Challenger in the US. As some of you may know the kit is not designed for the new body style and modifications had to be made. After gaining Liberty Walk on board companies such as Rotiform, Toyo Tires, Air Lift, Borla, Recaro, StopTech, and Hurst Shifters sponsored the project as well. Within two months we made dreams into reality and were able to reveal the car at the Dub Show Tour at the Los Angeles Convention Center. I know the car is not every bodies cup of tea but I build my cars to express who I am and what I'm into. This is only Phase 1 of 3 so be sure to keep updated and follow on instagram: @Hawaiianeze
https://instagram.com/hawaiianeze/
Mods:
- Dodge Challenger Liberty Walk Kit
- 20" Rotiform Concave LVS - F:20x12 R:20x13
- Toyo R888 - F:285/35/20 R:315/30/20
- Air Lift Suspension and Management System
- Dodge Hellcat Hood
- Recaro Sportster CS with Double Sublime Green Stitching
- Center Console Upholstered with Alcantara and Double Sublime Green Stitching
- Door Pannels Upholstered with Alcantara and Double Sublime Green Stitching
- Shift Boot Upholstered with Double Sublime Green Stitching
- Hurst Short Shifter

Photo Shoot by @muscananabear

For any that care I came from the BMW scene and use the e92 as my daily driver...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone I'm Back! Phase 2 of #ProjectHulk has been in the works for the past couple months

New Additions Include:
- Custom Carbon Fiber Roof
- Custom Carbon Fiber Splitter
- Custom Rear Roll Cage
- Custom Rear Seat Delete
- Mopar Hood Pins
- Rear Spoiler

Last Photo Shoot - Phase 1

PHASE 2
Roof Installation:

Front and Center - Autocon 2015 (Los Angeles)

Rear Seat Delete/Roll Cage

Scion Influencer Event

Wekfest 2015 Los Angeles

UPDATE:

Custom Carbon Fiber Side Skirt Splitters

See less See more
#5 ·
I really appreciate the passion and work that went into making your challenger very unique...However, the styling just does nothing for me...sorry

Reactions: btcm
#6 ·
Does nothing for me either ... Sorry

Reactions: btcm
#7 ·
Yyyyeeeeaaaahhhhh..........nope.

I've seen one other like this (black) and didn't like that one either.

#8 ·
Welcome aboard. I've got a lot of respect for you; it takes major balls to do something that strays drastically from the norm. A lot of people on here will hate on you and your car simply because it's different...check out any thread where somebody does something out of the ordinary, it's usually met with a lot of negative feedback.

That being said, I like the Liberty Walk kit and your car looks great with it, but the color is just a little too much for me. The Recaros look great, too. Nice build!

#11 · (Edited)
Lol what can I say, haters gonna hate! I don't build my cars for people on forums and what they think is cool or acceptable. I'm all about being one of one and pushing the limits of whatever I do. At the end of the day everyone could hate my car but it's the friends, experiences, and memories that were made along the way that I cherish :thumbsup:

That flare kit would look great on my Jeep!
Try to make it work! It'll look like this minus the green I hope!

#13 ·
I agree that ultimately it comes down to what the owner of the car likes best...

...but since you posted it on a public forum, you're gonna get public reactions.

As for my opinion:
- you lost me by putting on a Hell Cat hood. The hood is a very distinctive trait of the Hell Cat Challenger, and IMHO, to put such a hood on anything but a HC, is posing.

- you lost me with what appears to be camber on the rear wheels. It appear's your gunning for the JDM look on what is a pure American Muscle platform, and such efforts to make it what it is not looks strained.

- I actually like the concept of flared fender wells and much wider tires, but (again, IMHO) the Liberty Walk treatment fails; the flairs with their bolt heads showing, look cheap and "mail order" like, though I know they're anything but cheap.

These wide-body Challengers achieved the same effect, without looking like something "stuck on".

#15 · (Edited)
Very true, IMO those are some of the worst looking wide bodies I've seen. I don't understand why someone would put cheap vinyl and 24s to a "functional" wide body but that's why it's not mine! My car is 100% stock camber as of now when raised, naturally the car gains around-3 degrees of camber when fully compressed down. As for the hood, it looks badass lol the stock R/T hood really just doesn't cut it as far as looks go. The original badges are still on the grill, doesn't say hellcat anywhere? I have much bigger plans for this car then just making a wannabe Hellcat. I can promise you when I finish this project I will beat any stock Hellcat down the strip or around a track. Rice Rocket FTW:thumbsup:

#14 ·
Some states and parts of Canada will not let any cambered cars or cars that are slammed etc. on the road after they announce a given date so one it's been re registered you're done. Some have pushed things to the point of absurdity and they will reel it all in.

#18 ·
Welcome to the forums! I've been following your build on instagram so nice to see you join over here.

-Hellcat hood looks awesome, I have an SRT and will probably be switching down the road too, I, in no way, see it as upbadging. Especially if you still have your original badges on!

-I agree with what someone else said earlier. I was highly considering the LW kit, and I love the design, but it doesn't seem to fit as well on the new body style for some reason. Maybe it is the contrast of the bolts. If I ever go that path, I'd have to blend it and paint the side skirt to fill in the gap between the flairs.

That said... nothing but respect for a daring build. Love the interior work and rims look bad ass.

Stick around and keep us updated!

#19 ·
Thanks for inquiry Anthony! Liberty Walk does not fully sponsor anyone, the owner has enough cars and kits to do on his own. If you would like to rep the East Coast with this kit contact a certified vendor and learn to pitch your project to companies get them to hop on board. It's not a cheap project, but well worth the time and effort that goes into it. Both the interior and exterior is only half done! PHAZE 2 (April 4th)

#25 ·
You currently cannot get a 2015 Challenger in Japan, the demand for challengers there is much higher than here. Despite many on this particular forum not being a fan of my car, it actually gets a ton amount of complements around the rest of the internet. Overseas my weird looking import fits into any car collectors garage. Just have to hope for the best!

#26 · (Edited)
Your left exhaust tip needs straightening. And you have Japanese writing on the back of an American car. That just clashes. I would like it if weren't for that, keep it clean, that's how I like to do it.

Other than that, looks good to me. I could never own a car so low to the ground though. Forget scraping on leaves.

How expensive could this be? It just looks like fender flares, really.

#27 · (Edited)
That exhaust tip drives me crazy :werd: My whole theme of this build is
Japanese x American. The kit comes from Japan and I've grown to love the JDM scene over the years, I understand it's not for everyone. The kit runs about $5,500 after taxes, then add painting, installing, wheels, tires, suspension, brakes, etc.

Thank you for bringing up how low my car is haha
Just to clarify: My car is on Air Lift Suspension - I have 30 different height settings which can all be controlled through an air management controller in the cabin. I do not drive the car this low and can have the car touching the ground to fully raised in seconds :)

#28 ·
It has it's own mystique, but as you said, not everyone's cup of tea. there are certain aspects of it that I do like and others that I don't. I don't want to knock or beat down your build because each owner is unique and has their own aspirations with their vehicles. I like that you enjoy taking chances and have a plan for your car, just expect many comments to the contrary of what you are doing. Personally, it is not something I would do, nor what I like i vehicles like this, but I would look at it at a car show or something. A couple of things I do like is the tires and the seats. A couple of things I don't like are the flares because the bolts seem to make it look cheaply tacked on (though I know it's not) and I don't really care for the advertising across the windshield. That's just me though. Others may feel different.

Have fun with your vehicle. I will look forward to your future posts to check out what you have done. Be sure to post some videos and time slips when you beat a Cat and let us know how much you had to put into it and what it took to reach the point of beating a stock car.

#32 ·
Thanks for the feedback! I will definitely keep you all posted on my progress, and will reveal Phase 3 at SMEA this year!

I love it ..... but then again not everyone like mine either .... but we build what we want and no one else is paying for it .... but I also agree on painting the rockers to match ... keep it and please keep posting the next 2 phases
Good call on the panels, I have been looking at it and it does't seem right to me. Pics non related?

#29 ·
I love it ..... but then again not everyone like mine either .... but we build what we want and no one else is paying for it .... but I also agree on painting the rockers to match ... keep it and please keep posting the next 2 phases

Attachments

Reactions: 1 person
#55 ·
I think it's pretty awesome, definitely unique. Yeah either paint the rockers, or paint the bottoms of the flairs satin black where they match up with the rockers.

FWIW, those bolt on flairs have been around for decades, I don't understand the sudden hate on them...........

#30 ·
sorry bad pics

Attachments

#36 ·
Hey guys I am new to this forum and wanted to introduce myself. I bought a 2015 Fully Loaded Dodge Challenger Scat Pack from Sierra Dodge Monrovia back in January of 2015 and was able to acquire them as my first sponsor to "Project Hulk" I had intentions from day one to be the first have the first 2015 Liberty Walk Challenger in the US. As some of you may know the kit is not designed for the new body style and modifications had to be made. After gaining Liberty Walk on board companies such as Rotiform, Toyo Tires, Air Lift, Borla, Recaro, StopTech, and Hurst Shifters sponsored the project as well. Within two months we made dreams into reality and were able to reveal the car at the Dub Show Tour at the Los Angeles Convention Center. I know the car is not every bodies cup of tea but I build my cars to express who I am and what I'm into. This is only Phaze 1 of 3 so be sure to keep updated and follow on instagram: @Hawaiianeze

Mods:
- Dodge Challenger Liberty Walk Kit
- 20" Rotiform Concave LVS - F:20x12 R:20x13
- Toyo R888 - F:285/35/20 R:315/30/20
- Air Lift Suspension and Management System
- Dodge Hellcat Hood
- Recaro Sportster CS with Double Sublime Green Stitching
- Center Console Upholstered with Alcantara and Double Sublime Green Stitching
- Door Pannels Upholstered with Alcantara and Double Sublime Green Stitching
- Shift Boot Upholstered with Double Sublime Green Stitching
- Hurst Short Shifter

Sorry for the crappy pictures, full shoot and video coming soon!

For any that care I came from the BMW scene and use the e92 as my daily driver...

Your car is BAD ASS. You got guts and went for glory which is the whole attitude of the Challenger. I bet this is a jaw dropper in person. I'm not sure why haters would come here and shrug it off because they don't have half the balls and creativity to do what you have done. You're the NEXT generation of tuner, out of the box thinker that DARE to do something different. Props to you and I hope to see some high rez money shots. I can tell you know your angles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.