HID Installation - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Featured Product
Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Exterior Discussion / Modifications

Exterior Discussion / Modifications Want to change the look and appearance of your Dodge Challenger? This section is for the discussion of any exterior visual modifications. Examples include wheels, custom paint, grills, etc.

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 11:49 AM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Aren't xentec lights crap?
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2012, 01:35 PM

They may be in some peoples opinion...so far i have not had any issues with them at all....havent heard anybody say anything bad about it
2010 SE, Flowmaster Force II Exhaust, K&N CAI, SRT-8 Springs, Mopar T-Shifter, Kenwood Double Din DVD/CD Player, Kicker Solo Baric, Polk Audio Door/Rear Deck Speakers, Smoked Taillights, SRT-8 Spoiler, Custom Badging, Xentec HID Headlights, US Speedo Gauges, 22" Lexani LSS-55 Rims, Custom Painted GWE Interior, Mopar Pedals, Speedlogix Fiberglass Ram Air Hood, Mopar Hood Pins, SRT-8 Chin Spoiler Conversion, Painted Calipers w/Challenger script
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2012, 07:01 PM

Oh, and just so I'm sure, I don't need to buy projectors, right? The regular halogen housing should be fine?
Old 10-09-2012, 07:44 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Originally Posted by BKShockey17 View Post
Oh, and just so I'm sure, I don't need to buy projectors, right? The regular halogen housing should be fine?
I'm not sure if this really changes state to state, but in Texas HIDs in halogen housings are illegal. That said, I ran HIDs in my Ram (halogen reflectors) for 4 years and never had a problem with cops. I had an inspection place mention it once, but passed me anyway.

EDIT: However! If you'll be running HIDs in reflector headlights, be sure you aim them properly. If you don't adjust, they'll be too high and blind oncoming traffic. Nobody likes an a-hole with blinding headlights.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:10 AM

I may sound retarted but I'm still new to this Challenger R/T. I wish to change out my current halogen headlights and fogs with HID's (maybe yellow for the fogs) but I don't know what size bulb to go for or if that's even what the H1,H2, and 9003, 9004 means... Help?
Old 01-17-2013, 09:18 AM

9008/H13 for the headlights and 9145 for the fog lights! Fog lights are plug and play and the headlights are plug and play as well but for the headlights you will need a capacitor added to the harness! Just go on this website, 3BSPEC.com and give them a call and give them your car info and they will get you all set up! Have had mine installed 4 years now with no problems at all! High quality kits!
The Following User Says Thank You to spaceshipon22s For This Useful Post:
RTGolem5 (01-17-2013)
Old 01-17-2013, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by RTGolem5 View Post
I may sound retarted but I'm still new to this Challenger R/T. I wish to change out my current halogen headlights and fogs with HID's (maybe yellow for the fogs) but I don't know what size bulb to go for or if that's even what the H1,H2, and 9003, 9004 means... Help?
I would strongly suggest you read through the following articles before pulling the trigger on one of those kits:

Thinking of converting to HID?

What are Fog Lamps Really For?

My suggestion would be to stick with a safe, legal option like a high efficacy halogen bulb unless you're willing to retrofit HID projectors into your headlamps or swap them out with OEM. ....just keep in mind that retrofitting projectors are not legal either but at least they will perform correctly if done right.

Last edited by Kean; 01-17-2013 at 10:49 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:00 PM

i ordered my plug and play kit from DDM. and Worked perfect. But i did add Hardness Relays to both headlights and fogs. cuz i was getting flickering.

heres a quick video...(sorry the guy that was parking it at the carwash..i guess left the turn signal on lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1FubibgrJg

Last edited by 2012WhiteChallengerRT; 01-17-2013 at 12:03 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:16 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
HID Installation

Here's some good reading material.
2013 Challenger Factory Headlights to HID projector headlights Factory

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
MODS: OEM HID Headlights w/TRS Harness,LED Foglamps,Bright Pedals, Lockpick,Mopar Catback,392 Covers, Functional Scoops,Chrome Signal Bulbs,Sequental Tail Lamps,Diablo inTune,BT Engine Dressup,Manual Shift Boot, Starburst Adapter & American Shifter Knob.
The Following User Says Thank You to THEM0DIFIER For This Useful Post:
RTGolem5 (02-04-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Exterior Discussion / Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.