Lowering 2012 R/T - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Exterior Discussion / Modifications Want to change the look and appearance of your Dodge Challenger? This section is for the discussion of any exterior visual modifications. Examples include wheels, custom paint, grills, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 01:54 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Eibach Pro Springs

I have a 2012 R/T Classic and just installed the Eibach Prokit springs (took all day, what a bear). I also installed the Petty Garage Strut Tower brace (color matched to car) and Shock tower brace (will be cutting carpet this weekend to get it to fit back in the trunk.

What I wasn't planning on was the camber change. The fronts went to -1.7 degrees (way outside the -.09 to +.4 range). I just ordered from Summit the SPC upper control arms that have caster/camber adjustability.

For the rears, the camber really changed and ended up -2.0 degrees well beyond the -1.2 to -.01 range. Fortunately Eibach does make the rear control arm bushing and Summit had them as well.

Long story short, I should have spent more time researching this as I could have changed out all the parts at one time. Will post pictures once I'm done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 02:28 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Any p/n's for additional parts ordered would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

2011 R/T Plus
MODS: OEM HID Headlights w/TRS Harness,LED Foglamps,Bright Pedals, Lockpick,Mopar Catback,392 Covers, Functional Scoops,Chrome Signal Bulbs,Sequental Tail Lamps,Diablo inTune,BT Engine Dressup,Manual Shift Boot, Starburst Adapter & American Shifter Knob.
#13 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 03:05 PM
Supporting Vendor

Thanked 1,024 Times in 633 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
How to lower your r/t or se mopar stage one

Mopar stage 1's

Luke

THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH US
WE WILL NOT BE UNDERSOLD!!!!!!
PLEASE VISIT
WWW.STEVEWHITEPARTS.COM
FOR THE BEST MOPAR PARTS PRICES ON THE INTERNET!!!!!!
facebook.com/stevewhiteparts1
828-324-4410
800-779-3634
#14 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 11:19 PM

The Eibach ProSet Springs, Part Number: 28111.140 (TireRack has them for $255). Eibach Rear Alignment kit
Part Number: 5.66085K ($85)and SPC Performance Front Upper Control Arms SPS-66045 ($340) I got both from Summit Racing. I looked all over the web and SPC seems to be the only one currently making the control arms for the 2012's.

Total drop of the car was 1" at the fronts and 1.25" at the rear. I expect the springs to settle over the next 30 days finally reaching another .25" at both ends. The combination of the springs and strut/shock braces has made a major change to how the car handles on turns, but has also firmed up the ride. One definately feels the bumps more.
#15 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 08:13 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thanks for all the p/n info. Looking forward to hearing your feedback on the install of the adjustable camber parts.

#16 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 09:16 AM

Send a message via MSN to SuspensionSource
With the wheel gap that the LX platform comes with we recommend ST Suspensions Coilovers. By using coilovers you will achieve the ride quality that springs do not offer as well as an adjustable lowering height.

Unfortunately due to the design of the 2011+ the alignment bushings are sometimes required to get back within factory specs. This applies to most lowering springs as well.
#17 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 05:12 AM

i have a 2012 rt, and I DID the eibach pro kit. just springs.

bad experience with me, once installed at the shop...they took it to get it aligned.

come to find out when i got new wheels and rims..they didnt aligned it.

had to install spc adjustable control arms in the front, and rear camber kit. i spent alot just to get aligned. sucked. around 900+

before

after

Last edited by 2012WhiteChallengerRT; 11-20-2012 at 05:14 AM.
#18 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuspensionSource View Post
With the wheel gap that the LX platform comes with we recommend ST Suspensions Coilovers. By using coilovers you will achieve the ride quality that springs do not offer as well as an adjustable lowering height.

Unfortunately due to the design of the 2011+ the alignment bushings are sometimes required to get back within factory specs. This applies to most lowering springs as well.
What coilovers do you recommend for a 2012 RT? Also, if I just want to drop the rear to match the height in the front, would you recommend springs? If so, which ones? The rear is around 1.5 inches 1-1.5" too high. Will this affect ride quality?

#19 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 05:33 PM

I lowered mine with the SRT-8 Mopar suspension kit: #P5155435. It's about 1 inch lower and the ride is stiffer but not bone-jarring, and alignment is not as critical, but still recommended.

You can find a new kit on any car site (I got mine on E-bay) for around $470 plus S&H.

2010 R/T Auto, bright silver, mostly stock; Bilstein shocks/struts, bump-steer kit, hood struts and functional scoops
#20 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012WhiteChallengerRT View Post
i have a 2012 rt, and I DID the eibach pro kit. just springs.

bad experience with me, once installed at the shop...they took it to get it aligned.

come to find out when i got new wheels and rims..they didnt aligned it.

had to install spc adjustable control arms in the front, and rear camber kit. i spent alot just to get aligned. sucked. around 900+

before

after
Worth every penny! Looks bad a**!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Exterior Discussion / Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode