Mr. Norms Cuda tail panel - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Exterior Discussion / Modifications Want to change the look and appearance of your Dodge Challenger? This section is for the discussion of any exterior visual modifications. Examples include wheels, custom paint, grills, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 01:26 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Mr. Norms Cuda tail panel

Here is the tail panel from Mr. Norms, sorry about the low res photo, I will post another one as soon as I get the wife to take a better one. What do you guys think about it anyway??

Thanks for all the comments, both good and bad. I really like the look of the panel, yes it's kinda simple and it's a cheap looking design. You know, I believe that Mr. Norm and those guys wanted it to be that way or else they simply wouldn't have created it. I like to be different with the mods on my cars (not saying different is always better). I will put some pics up of the car with the lights on at night. The lights don't shine through the edges of the panel like you would think though, which is cool. Honestly, the only thing I don't like about the panels are the price.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	169.JPG
Views:	1307
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	10506   Click image for larger version

Name:	mrNorms.jpg
Views:	3531
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	10507  

Last edited by BlownBaggedNDragged; 07-18-2009 at 07:25 AM. Reason: updating..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 06:54 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I like it but wish they were able to do something different with the reverse lighting.

2009 SRT8: TorRed, 6 Speed & Loaded

Under The Hood: Forged shortblock (9:1 comp),Street Heat heads,
SC Cam,Kook's LT's,Corsa catback,Ram clutch and 11#'s of boost
Kenne Bell style!
#3 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 07:09 AM

Here's one from Carlisle that's a little different. I pretty sure it's Mr. Norms

#4 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 07:39 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkCoke View Post
Here's one from Carlisle that's a little different. I pretty sure it's Mr. Norms
Nice ride. I like the tails on this one. It incorporates the reverse lights. But all that work to do the Cuda convertible then cheap out on a fake shaker hood......
#5 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
I really like the way the tail lights were done. A faithful reproduction of the 1971.

The shaker should have been bolted onto to the engine, however. That being said, it will be very difficult to recreate the visual and performance aspects of the original shaker. Modern computer-controlled engines idle too smoothly to create a "shaker" effect. Also, the original shaker was mounted directly on top of the four-barrel carbs for a true ram-air effect at top end speeds (good for 5 hp). With fuel injection this is not possible and circuitous tubing must be used to route the air intake.

#6 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 09:27 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownBaggedNDragged View Post
Here is the tail panel from Mr. Norms, sorry about the low res photo, I will post another one as soon as I get the wife to take a better one. What do you guys think about it anyway??
Very Nice ! what I really like about that one is it isn't very invasive, and can easily returned to stock if wanted...the tail lights on the convertible are actual cuda tail light units and required some fabrication to make them fit, I don't know if i'd be willing to chop up the tail section of my car for any mod.
The kit you installed is quick and clean and and imho looks good, (got one myself!)

#7 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 10:04 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I like the factory tail. Very retro and I like the D O D G E lettering across the back.
#8 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 10:19 AM

The tail panel on the new convertible appears to be a little nicer. I got a chance to look at the Mr. Norm's Cudas upclose in Vegas earlier this year, and the Cuda tailpanels on them (same as the black car posted on this thread) were terrible. Very cheap and ricketty looking. For the backup lights, they have cut two slits in the panel directly in front of the Challenger backup light. Then, they covered the slits (on the backside) with some kind of mesh material intended to keep you from seeing the word "Dodge." It doesn't work -- you can still make out some of the word Dodge.

The Cuda grill treatment was okay, but the back panel was very amateurish.

Current Mopars:
- 1973 Dodge Dart Sport 340, Black on Black
- 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T, Black on Black
- 2004 Dodge SRT-4 Silver on Black
Previous Mopars:
- 1970 Plymouth Duster 340, B5 Blue on Black
- 1970 Plymouth Duster 340, White on Black
- 1986 Dodge Daytona Turbo Z, Black on Gold
#9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DartSportDude View Post
The tail panel on the new convertible appears to be a little nicer. I got a chance to look at the Mr. Norm's Cudas upclose in Vegas earlier this year, and the Cuda tailpanels on them (same as the black car posted on this thread) were terrible. Very cheap and ricketty looking. For the backup lights, they have cut two slits in the panel directly in front of the Challenger backup light. Then, they covered the slits (on the backside) with some kind of mesh material intended to keep you from seeing the word "Dodge." It doesn't work -- you can still make out some of the word Dodge.

The Cuda grill treatment was okay, but the back panel was very amateurish.
I have to agree. The tail panel is simply stuck over the stock taillights. When you look at the gap between the trunk and the body, you can still see the taillight panel behind the overlay. I bet at night you can see the light spilling out around the edges of the cuda panel too.....horible execution

10 Mango Tango Ram 1500 Quad Cab
09 B5 blue Challenger R/T Classic
96 Dodge Indy Ram
71 Plymouth road runners
www.roadrunnernest.com
#10 (permalink) Old 07-18-2009, 10:27 AM

sorry, i think you might have ruined the car. why????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Exterior Discussion / Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode