No drill license plates brackets? - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Exterior Discussion / Modifications Want to change the look and appearance of your Dodge Challenger? This section is for the discussion of any exterior visual modifications. Examples include wheels, custom paint, grills, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 11:34 PM
IDK

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
No drill license plates brackets?

I just got pulled over for not having my front license plates on my car, there's no bracket at the front because the previous owner of my challenger was fire fighter and could get out of it quick...i on the other hand am a 18 year old...cop said i had 3 choices, pay $140 and have the ticket on my driving record (will raise my insurance) or pay $176 and not have this ticket on my driving record. or take a picture of my challenger with the front license plates on and appear in court, pay nothing and pretty much be excused from it.

BASICALLY i'm asking if there is any way i could put a bracket on the front of the car without drilling anything, to take a picture of it and appear in court so i can be excused from this damn ticket...if you guys can help me i would appreciate it. I have a 2010 Challenger SE

Last edited by IDK; 11-27-2012 at 11:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-27-2012, 11:58 PM

you can mount your plate on the lower part of the front bumper grille with those bolts you put thur walls with the spring v shaped nut.this way you dont have to drill any holes and you can always remove it.some people use the plates mounting bracket and turn it upside down it works better that way when mounted on the lower grill below the front bumper.Im sure if you searched for mounting your plate witout drilling any holes you could find some pictures of this being done this way.
#3 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 12:56 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Google Show N Go License Plate. They make a motorized version and a manually operated one.

I have the manually operated one. It screws to the bottom of the front spoiler where you don't see the holes.

2010 R/T Challenger (Titanium, 5 speed Auto), Magnuson Supercharger, Getrag 3.92 LSD, Solo Mach X-R/T exhaust, Cragar 610C wheels, Arrington CAI, Mopar strut tower brace, Eibach pro kit, other stuff

#4 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Buy a bracket and install it in the lower grill using 5" toggle bolts. That's what many of us did. Here is a video how to do this simple mod.

#5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 07:10 AM

Just curious,

What's the difference in the $140 and $176 tickets? I didn't think there were any points associated with vehicle violations...
#6 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 07:38 AM

Basically there are seven choices:

1. Pay any fines and be done with it. But realize that if you can get stopped again for the same thing.
  2. Install the plate frame that comes with the car and have what most of us consider an eyesore on the front of the car that ruins the lovely lines.
  3. Show n Go License Plate - manual or motorized versions are available.
    You need to be aware that this can mount to two different places on the front - under the front spoiler and with in the lower grill. If your Challenger is lowered at all then under the front spoiler is fairly risky as chance are you are going to scrap it and possibly tear it off at some point. Mounting it in the lower grill will require you to "notch out" part of the grill in order to install it.
  4. Get the stock plate frame and use a set of toggle bolts to attach it to the lower grill of the car. Then you can remove it when ever you get to a show or somewhere that you don't want it on the car.
  5. Zap strap the license plate to the lower grill. Then you can cut the straps off and remove the plate whenever you want to. If you do this then make sure you "pad" the back of the license plate so that it does not rub and scratch the paint.
  6. You can magnetize the license plate and the inside of the bumper and then just stick it on whenever you want to.
    This is a fully hidden install but be aware that if you hit some major bumps or something that that plate may bump off. If you search the website for this I know there is a thread about it. You basically purchase these large magnets and glue them to the inside of the front bumper and then glue other magnets to the plate. You should also "pad" the back of the license plate so that it does not rub or scratch the paint.
  7. Read the exact regulation that you were written up for. Also research your states motor vehicle laws and see if there are any other regulations or laws that can apply. Then depending on the exact wording you may be able to clip your license plate to the passenger sunvisor. Then you need to ensure that you flip it down whenever you are driving but can easily flip it up to hide it. It all depends on the wording of the statutes and laws.
I think that is a complete list as I cannot remember seeing any other posts about options.

Catch me if you can...........

2010 SRT8 Furious Fuchsia, 6 Speed
Number 218 of 400
#7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 07:52 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda340 View Post
Buy a bracket and install it in the lower grill using 5" toggle bolts. That's what many of us did. Here is a video how to do this simple mod.

Challenger Front Plate Relocation - YouTube

That works pretty slick. Has anybody removed this setup? I'm wondering if there will be scratches underneath?

I just put the Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs on my car, so I'm going to have to be careful with the Show N Go.
#8 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 09:08 AM

Add some bolts to the plate, stick it on with tape, take the photo, get out of the ticket. Tape is cheap. Next time you get stopped point out the cars going by with no front plates and claim selective enforcement in court, or take another photo, better still just reuse the first photo of "the fix".

2014 TorRed "Shaker" R/T Challenger 6 speed
Shaker Number 1949
Radar Red Interior
Blastin Bob's Resonator Eliminators
Richard Petty TorRed Strut Bar

2010 FURIOUS FUCHSIA R/T Classic 6 speed
Mopar hood struts
Billet Technology HEMI nose badge
Mopar Dodge wheel caps
DRL's enabled
Blastin Bob's Resonator Eliminators
K & N drop in air filter

2014 Ram 1500 Express 4 x 4 Flame Red hEMI 5.7

Last edited by LETSJET; 11-28-2012 at 03:20 PM.
#9 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 01:23 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDK View Post
I just got pulled over for not having my front license plates on my car, there's no bracket at the front because the previous owner of my challenger was fire fighter and could get out of it quick...i on the other hand am a 18 year old...cop said i had 3 choices, pay $140 and have the ticket on my driving record (will raise my insurance) or pay $176 and not have this ticket on my driving record. or take a picture of my challenger with the front license plates on and appear in court, pay nothing and pretty much be excused from it.
wow, you got pulled over just for the plate? what state are you in?

#10 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 05:46 PM
IDK

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LETSJET View Post
Add some bolts to the plate, stick it on with tape, take the photo, get out of the ticket. Tape is cheap. Next time you get stopped point out the cars going by with no front plates and claim selective enforcement in court, or take another photo, better still just reuse the first photo of "the fix".
wow that sounds smart, i think i might go with this...i asked a neighbor with a sweet challenger RT...he said get some zip ties and rip the plate back off after court. so im looking into that aswell.

Last edited by IDK; 11-28-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Exterior Discussion / Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode