Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Pics Of Your Rear

223K views 519 replies 281 participants last post by  NDChally 
#1 ·
Now that I got you to look, I would like Challenger forum members to post pics of mods you have made to the rear of the Challenger. I had my tail lights tinted, the surround painted gloss black, and the DODGE lettering painted Hemi-Orange. It has caught on as several members of the club have also done the same!

See less See more
#3 ·
Here's one of mine with the Challenger script and R/T badge added. I just happened to be doing some work in my garage so I didn't put it in the garage right away, and while I was looking out at it I couldn't resist a snapshot. Definitely the finest a$$ I've seen. :bigthumb:

#184 ·
Here's one of mine with the Challenger script and R/T badge added. I just happened to be doing some work in my garage so I didn't put it in the garage right away, and while I was looking out at it I couldn't resist a snapshot. Definitely the finest a$$ I've seen. :bigthumb:
Since something has gone wrong with the above photo, here's a newer pic of my rear end.

#17 ·
How hard was it to install this ?

#9 ·
Those are decals - I've seen a few of them in person on other's cars. It co-ordinates well with the black tail lamp surround.

#12 ·
As Hal H says, it is a decal in matte finish. The best thing about it is the cost ($35.00 appx) and it uses the base color of the car. On my HO, it provides a nice contrast and breaks up the spoiler color. I wanted to put on the Challenger script and metal R/T symbol originally. I think those look great. The reddish orange R/T emblem didn't have the contrast I was looking for though. It blended a bit too much for my taste.

Not sure how it would look on a black or DWB car. Should pop on just about everything else. Simple do it yourself mod as well. Found mine on EBay.

#14 · (Edited)
The lettering is cut out so you can install it on any color car.

Those videos of the designers talking about the cars are cool. I'm surprised only 6,000 views. There are a bunch of videos from dodgechallenger1. Take a look. I saw Jay Leno buying one of the first ones off production.

This is my best at getting the tips to stand out. I installed the spoiler myself as well as the backup camera.

#16 ·
Reading your text and looking quickly at the thumbnail, I though it was her tidy whities. Better get some better computer glasses.

#18 ·
This isn't anything special but I though I'd share it. I got the idea of this viewing a Challenger on Carmax.... it took us a handful of tries as the sun was going down to get the right effect... I thought it was kind of neat and unique.

#19 ·
Pic of it when I first got it parked beside my boattail, still has the dealer sticker on the bumper

#20 ·
Great pics of the Chally rears which hopefully provides ideas for folks thinking about modding the rear. I actually looked at many of these ideas and decided to go monochromatic all around except the gloss black. Notice that I also painted the the black lower panel by the exhaust tips HO. The spoiler was the stock black SRT 8 spoiler that got the HO treatment also.

#21 · (Edited)

I cut some black decal material for the lower recessed areas, and that is where I installed the back up sensors. Her name, Bettie, is in chrome on the spoiler.

#23 · (Edited)
Sorry for the late response bball.... It was really really easy. It is pre-cut to fit the shape of the RT spoiler. The hardest part is the patience needed to get all the water/air bubbles out from underneath during installation.

I do not have the skills necessary to do install stripes on other parts of a car ( I don't think anyway), but this was easy because it is cut to the actual shape for you. Feel free to PM me if you need any specific info. I get a lot of compliments about it. The cost made it a low risk project. If it was a $200 experiment, I would have brought it to a pro. For $35, I figured if I screwed it up, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

BTW, I see by your avatar that you have exquisite taste in Challengers!

#26 ·
How did you paint the letters? I've been trying to figure that out for awhile:scratchhead:. I want to paint mine black

Now that I got you to look, I would like Challenger forum members to post pics of mods you have made to the rear of the Challenger. I had my tail lights tinted, the surround painted gloss black, and the DODGE lettering painted Hemi-Orange. It has caught on as several members of the club have also done the same!

#40 · (Edited)
They will come off if you pull on them but be careful that you don't damage them. You can apply gentle heat with a heat gun but only on non-painted/tinted tail lights. Here in Cypress Texas, I just leave the car out in the sun in the summer and the adhesive gets soft and makes pulling them off easier. Actually the letters fit into indentations on the lens housing. I would imagine that using the techniques used to remove the door side molding would also work. I used WD40 to remove my molding.

Once removed clean well and paint as you like. Hope this helps.

#28 ·
[/IMG]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.