Dodge Challenger Forum banner

PLASTI DIP what have you done?

84K views 186 replies 91 participants last post by  Midlife Crisis '16 B5 
#1 ·
I love PLASTI DIP. what a great tool for designing ideas and if they don't look right you just peel it away. what are some of the uses that you have used PLASTI DIP on? here a a few on mine. Some have since been swithed over to actuall paint though because the PLASTI DIP worked out as I hoped it would and needed the durability of paint. But without the PLASTI DIP I would have NEVER done it with paint first.

Yes the aluminum plenum ( side not it doesn't stick real well to the coating they used on it )

My home made phantom grill insert

See less See more
#121 · (Edited)
You talking about just the cap itself or the entire tank?

I dipped my washer cap and oil dipstick as well.

Attachments

Reactions: Hell2pay
#126 ·
Dipped my new emblems :)

Attachments

Reactions: NFD3L
#136 ·
you can't peel Krylon off and start over if you screw it up...with plasti-dip you can. They both have their plusses and minuses. More plusses for dip though for automotive applications in my opinion

#135 · (Edited)
cocoa01 and I just did our friends 2015 SRT

This is only temporary so he could see what it would look like and if he liked the stripes. Getting it painted on by his body shop in a few weeks.

We pin striped the edges with gloss black. Custom sticker I made for him (his wifes request) in the back window.

Reactions: RogerNapalm
#139 ·
Not if you put on like 4 coats.

I just don't like the look of a whole car dipped, looks like a primered car to me! UGH!

#142 · (Edited)
Oh for crying out loud. It was not my intention to berate or be condescending to you. That you took it that way however, is not my issue.

I simply suggested that you try a product before you offer up opinions regarding it's value. You have never tried the product so you have no experience with it and you have an apparant bias toward Krylon so your opinion (either good or bad) on plasti-dip is without merit.

#143 ·
Your kindness continues. It shows your arrogance and lack of humility. I feel sorry for your family or anyone that you work with.
I don't recall ever mentioning that I did or did not try the product in question. It may be great stuff. I just wondered how a product touted as being non permanent can be durable. Your defense of it shows a far greater bias than my reference of Krylon. Do you have a vested interest in this products success? Are your future retirement goals based on the stock value of this stuff?
Commenting negatively when someone questions the integrity of a product shows that you don't like it when someone disagrees with you. Guess what? Not all people think or feel the same way. I do not work for you and I am not one of your children. I don't have to share your opinion.

#155 ·
Riiiiight...Ok I thought we were discussing the merits of plasti-dip :scratchhead:. However , you seem to be on a completely different tangent that I won't try to figure out or further address. Carry on, take care and have a good week

#145 ·
well that's what I was hoping.. last time I painted a grill with Krylon it chipped and looked like general crap in a few months. the promise of Plasti-Dip being what it is has led me to dip my grill surround hoping for a more durable, less rock chipping finish that if I decide I don't like it I can peel it off. what I understand it can be "peeled off' but if applied correctly won't just peel off on it's own.

#146 ·
Lets not start a fight please, we are a family........

i have great reviews about plasti dip, i have done wheels, grills, spoilers, tail lights, side markers and alot of interior stuff...

I have used the power wash at the car washes many many times and drove it in winter too, and this product just doesnt peel off...i am very surprised.....when i use plasti dip i do start small coats so it can stick real good to the wheels ect....it helps alot....

This is just my honest opinion.

thank you

Reactions: AnywhereInTX
#147 ·
I've used the stuff and it is great for temporary use. Especially if you are figuring out if you want to paint something or if you change your mind every couple months. However, when I had them on my truck wheels they wouldn't do well against chipping and you're constantly recoating. I think the stuff is great, as long as your expectations are realistic for what it is.

Also, some people on the internet just enjoy making other angry. Just ignore and stop feeding the trolls.

#150 ·
Redid the original red stripe using a pearl candy green that's very close to Sublime Green.
Did the "dodge" letters in matching color.

Indoor shots were before final clean up, so uneven edges shown are no longer there in the final product.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.