Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Plastic Wheel Well liner

10K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  363mp 
#1 · (Edited)
Im removing my plastic wheel well liner and I have a question on how (what tool) I remove the below pictured bolt. It has a big phillips head shaped lot but when I turn it it just keeps spinning. I'm removing the plastic wheel well so I can spray rust inhibitor not undercoating being the insert. Any way I cant get the picture to load but its a big plastic connector about as fund as a silver dollar and about 2 inches long that attaches to the inside of the rear quarter panel above the tire.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
If it's what I'm picturing the center of it will pull out first. It is a plastic rivet so you pull the core first and the outside collapses to pull it out next. If you break it they can be had for dirt cheap at your nearest auto parts store.

Jim

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

#14 ·
I already pulled the felt out Vincent calm down brother. That's how I noticed that stupid fastener. The local dodge body shop said to cut it off and buy a new one. That's what I'm going to do but all 5 dodge body shops I called in my area can't locate the part number on their computers. So I'm asking Brampton builder if he can locate the actual part number so I can order it before I pull the damn thing off to take a looksee.

#16 ·
I followed Vincent's advise and pulled that sucker. For the life of me I can't understand why they used this huge devise to hold the wheel well liner when a nut with a large washer ( like the other 2 in the wheel well) would of worked perfect. I just got my plastic pry bar between the edge of the screw (middle picture on left) and the piece attached to the metal stud ( middle picture on right) sticking out of the inner quarter panel.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.