Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Saleen Side Skirts installed!

17K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  RHODES 
#1 · (Edited)
After getting my Saleen Side Skirts painted, I installed them, just for something different:

:blueblob: I'll be getting my front spoiler painted next week!

David

See less See more
#6 ·
Ditto. Where did you buy them? Cost?

#12 · (Edited)
No they did not come painted, I had to take them to a paint shop, I have bought some others for my 07 Crysler 300 and after a few years the clear coat has started to turn white and fade so it is better to take to a reputable paint shop yourself so that if the paint does not hold up you can at least take it back to whomever did them in the first place.
I'll take a picture of the complete car when I get home today and post it!

David

#13 ·
That I like. Good job on them.

Dick

#21 ·
Amazing David. love how these look. I have a BSP and I'm leaning towards these. I'd like to have them painted chrome to match the wheels and other chrome accents on my car, but I dont know if these side skirts are suitable for that (metallic) color. . I'm not sure if it would come off as too gaudy. It's either that or I go with the Retro USA rocker molding. What do you guys think?

#16 ·
How much do they weigh? And do the old rocker panels come off to do the install?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#17 ·
Looks really good.

#18 ·
oh wow, that's the best PCP challenger I have seen, very tastefully done.

question.....once you placed an order, how long did it take them to arrive?

I ask because I have heard of people having issues with them in past, however there's a few things I would like to order from them.

#19 ·
Great Job David!!! You always seem to come with awesome looking ideas and projects!!! :icon_cheers:

#20 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone!

The order did take a few weeks to finally get in (total of 6 weeks) I just had to remind myself that even if I placed my order through Saleen I don't think that they are the one's that actually build these, so you can't really blame them either so I did not mind waiting for them to show up. The weight of these side skirts I would say is maybe 10 lbs, and yes, you do have to remove the stock units not a big deal really, I had to do the install myself and the four end clips were kind of a pain but once you find out how to remove and re-install not a big deal..........
I really do like these units, now I have an idea for doing something with the rear duct area so stay tune and when I do the fabrication of this idea, I'll post it for you guys.

David

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.