Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Side Stripes

4K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  Autoguy 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, I have been contemplating on adding some matte black side stripes on my phantom black challenger, but am unsure of what it would look like.If anyone has any photos of their phantom black challenger with matte black side stripes would you be kind enough to post it so I can get a good idea of what it would look like before I decide to add them.Thank you in advance!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#2 ·
I literally JUST got mine back today from getting the matte black R/T stripes put on. It's not phantom black, its the old brilliant black crystal pearl. Not sure what the difference is to be honest. But maybe they will help give you a better idea. I love them, but i always like the Mopar triple black packages. Pardon the winter filth, it was a shame i had to drive through it after it had just gotten washed. And yes I know the script emblems are in the wrong spot (dealership error - big surprise!), I have since fixed them.

Attachments

#15 ·
also have to mention that i got the side stripe extensions for the nose piece from Rider Grafix and they look awesome. It bugs me to death that the new stripes dont go to the front of the car. Im sure they have their reasons but i think it looks silly when they stop short.

#17 ·
Here are some photos of my 2014 Phantom Black Challenger (with the OEM black stripes) under different lighting conditions. In the sunlight, the stripes look great. During dusk, night, or overcast the stripes virtually disappear. While they are sharp (when they can be seen), I'm considering a change to red.

The last picture is a 2014 Phantom Black Challenger with the OEM red stripes for you reference.

Attachments

Reactions: DJ Hemi and Young11
#19 ·
Knowing Phantom Black R/T Classics with black strips are a bit rare, here are a few more to aid your decision. The first is my car at the dealer and the fourth as of a few hours ago. I have also added another red stripe picture.

Attachments

Reactions: DJ Hemi and Young11
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.