T-Tops - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Exterior Discussion / Modifications Want to change the look and appearance of your Dodge Challenger? This section is for the discussion of any exterior visual modifications. Examples include wheels, custom paint, grills, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 09:49 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Wink T-Tops

I keep thinking this car would look good with T-Tops. I know they will prob never make em but has anyone ever seen them on the challenger? (like a custom job somebody has made?)

I think of the first t tops like on the camaro back in 78 where it still had a foot of roof inbetween the driver and passenger and the top was only 20 inches wide. Something like that.

2010 Challenger SXT, Titanium Metallic, 6cyl, leather, heated seats, Boston Stereo. K&N
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 10:59 AM

I don't think it has been done, at least never seen a picture of one. Personally, I don't think it would look good.
#3 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 11:33 AM

100% agree! Check out this link for a lead, it's a Camaro build, but the Challenger doesn't seem all that far from this example.

Camaro T-Tops from Droptop Customs - 2011 Camaro ZL1 Camaro Forum / Camaro SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Sean
2010 :: Detonator Yellow R/T Classic (28M) Auto :: "More Engine Than Sense!"
MOPAR CAI :: MOPAR cat-back exhaust :: MOPAR hood struts
RPI Stealth Guards :: Yellow #1 pool ball shifter knob
18" Charger split-spoke winter wheels and tires
#4 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 12:44 PM

This has been my number 1 mod idea from the time I got the challenger. I think it would look great! Just have to find a shop to do it. I think the inspiration came when I saw year one start with those new Trans-Am Bandit builds...ugh. Another amazing car I would love to own...

DropTop custom I'm sure is more than capable, but with charging well over 10K for the conv. job, I'm no where near impressed by their work, especially in the trunk area and rear cover... in any case, the search continues for a good shop.....
#5 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 12:53 PM

I didn't see the finished product on page 11, definitely turned out better that the convertible jobs that they do... but where are the tops? I wonder if they are still having development issues?? I would go with tinted glass...
#6 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 01:36 PM

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
There are many people here that can't even think of having a sunroof and now you're talking T-tops? The HORROR lol. I think it could look cool done right.

ARH long tube headers with cats and ARH cat backs and Mopar quad tips, Lakewood strut tower brace, K&N Typhoon polished aluminum CAI, Nitto Motivo F: 255/45ZR20 R: 275/40ZR20, skip shift eliminator, Mopar splash guards all around.

Ex PCP 6 spd Classic owner
#7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Inside West Coast Customs did T-tops on a Camaro for the band Rascal Flats. Looked okay but don't know how it will hold up over the years.

2009 R/T SOLD
2014 R/T Shaker, Torred, Auto, Stripe Delete, Nav, Dash #1270. Purchased from Bob Frederick, Columbiana CJD.
MODS: Solo Performance Exhaust w/ Mopar Quad tips, Mopar Scat Pack CAI air tube, Moroso catch can, Gunslinger Pistolgrip Shifter, tinted turn signal lenses, wood grain gauge cluster, window tint.
#8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 01:49 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Although they look cool and are a blast when driving..... they are a PITA for air and water leaks. I had them on a 82 Vette and I will never have them on a car again. You can break into a T top car in a NY sec. Just not worth it.

One other thing... structural integrity.

I LOVE ChallengerTalk.com!
#9 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 09:23 PM

(Thread Starter)
I still think it might look great..

1. If anyone wants to steal your car they will find a way.
2. Structural integrity is a concern - late model camaros (third gen) if you drive one wheel up a driveway and leave the others on the ground you cannot open a door.
3. In regards to two - I still think a partial t top is best - leave the structure still in the car and have a t-top like the 1978 camaro where part of the roof is still in the car. (Pic below)

4 I don't know if anyone would put resources into it.
#10 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 09:32 PM

Garage
Just can't picture a GM option like T-tops on a Mopar!
The late `70's Magnums had them and they looked horrible back then.
The convertible conversion is waaaay better.

2010 Challenger R/T Classic: Performance Mods JMB CAI, Solo Cat-Back Exhaust, 176F Thermostat, Canned Tune, Eibach Pro Springs
Appearance Mods Scat Pack Bee Decals, Rear Spoiler Blackout Decal, R/T Center Caps, R/T Front Emblem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Exterior Discussion / Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode