Dodge Challenger Forum banner

TA hood availability

5K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Rudedog 
#1 ·
Can I purchase a TA hood from my local Dealership? I really like the look and thought it would be easiest to simply buy from them. That way, they could paint it and install it.

#4 · (Edited)
I just did the entire t/a hood conversion,,yes it's a lil spendy but the look is amazing,you can look at pics of mine a few topics below this one..if you do the entire process and make it functional you can pretty much plan on a lil under 3k by the time you buy the hood,buy the functional venting kit (optional) have it painted and install it..if you don't do the functional venting kit you can deduct about 500 off of that price and it can also be added later. If you do all of your own work then it will of course be a bit cheaper, most painters are gonna want to charge 600-800 to paint/blend in hood depending on the color (tri coat colors may be bit more) my car is torred red so I was quoted 600. I still have mine in black and I plasti dipped my scoop and rear spoiler.. I have the intention of painting it but I won't lie..the black is growing on me lol. It looks so 1970 with the black hood and spoiler and I just added the t/a side stripe kit..if you buy the hood I have an extra t/a side stripe kit for sale for 100 bux if you go that route!! Check out my pics in my thread below titled "it's been a few weeks since I posted............"

#6 ·
Thanks guys. GWE RT and doughboy, your cars are spectacular! I have a white car, so I was leaning toward painting the hood satin or flat black. However, after seeing GWE RT's car, I may paint the whole thing.

#8 ·
Another option is the AFR hood, which for $3K you get both a TA and Shaker setup with a better routing of the air by removing the stock airbox and going direct to the TB.

Here is my TA setup

Reactions: DBray
#10 ·
I absolutely love the AFR hood with both a TA and Shaker setup. However, and I apologize for the lack of my knowledge, but how do you keep the water from entering when driving in the rain? Thank you in advance.

#11 ·
Easy (well it was easier back in 1970 with a cable into the cabin, but hey its only 2013 now)

There is a rain guard.

Open (you have to manual spin it, hence by 1970 comment)

#15 ·
If you order the kit to make the hood functional, either thru Dodge or aftermarket, does this cause warranty issues? I just ordered mine with the T/A hood and want to make it functional. I also don't want to waste money at the dealer if aftermarket doesn't mess up my warranty.

Also, has anyone seen any pic of a blacktop Challenger with the T/A hood. I ordered without seeing this.

#17 ·
I did the same thing and with parts (air box, CAI) and paint it was close to the 3K as mentioned in the earlier post. But it does look good.

Here's mine. I did the T/A style side stripes too!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.