Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Weight saving article

2K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Nuke 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Now dangit, Bad Daytona, don't go blaming the beer!!

#6 ·
Informative article; well written; no spelling errors...but there's something missing: I don't see a paragraph detailing how much weight they saved by deciding not to have a usable back seat in the Camaros...surely that decision was a conscience one, why didn't anyone go into detail about how it was made?

I haven't been in one of the new Camaros (because I literally cannot fit inside one - the laws of physics are a real b*tch), but I used to have one of the 2nd gen ones, and even back then, their back seats were not much on comfort for a passenger. If I remember correctly, the only living thing that ever rode in the back seats of that Camaro I had was a deer with his back broken so he could fit back there. He didn't stay living the whole trip, but he was alive for a small part of it, so that qualifies him as a passenger I do believe...a yummy, delicious passenger!!

#8 ·
60 lbs?!?

Pfffft!! De nada...

I could drop 60 lbs off my Challenger's curb weight right now, easy-peasy hooker-sleazy, AND it'd still be completely intact!

All I'd have to do is upgrade my cassette tape collection (and the requisite cassette tape carrying cases) that I currently have my driving tunes on right now, maybe to CDs or even MP3s (whatever those are?), and BAM! There's 60 lbs of dead weight I wouldn't have to carry around with me anymore...

:banger:

Although, then I would have to find a suitable replacement for keeping me awake on long trips, which is the job normally performed by the act of taking the cassette tapes out every so often and smacking them on my knee to loosen up its guts so it will continue to play in the kick-ass Sparkomatic auto-reverse tape deck I have. :dj: :dj: :dj:

------------------------------------

All jokes aside, it is mind-boggling to me how much time I once spent on those very same scenarios, and how integral they were to my core-being, and yet nowadays these beatnik youngsters wouldn't know a cassette tape if it jumped out of their skinny jeans and bit them... :disgust:

just another sign I'm getting old I reckon...or already old more likely...

#10 ·
If you can find a set in OTP (Other Than Pink), I'm down for the same mod on my Challenger!!

Reactions: Triz
#12 ·
i thought the beer joke was funny but then the garden chairs came in... thanks for the good laugh guys

Oh and the deer with the broken back...

I picked up a big rabbit in NM and the carbon fiber splitter scooped it up; the face of the hotel attendant at the Santa Fe Garret's Desert Inn was priceless.... he looked like Blue in the Old School movie

the 7 pound rabbit definitely help with downforce

O

#13 ·
Well?!?! Dont keep us in suspense, how'd that rabbit taste?

And dont use that old cop-out about "road kill meat is too bruised to be good eatin'". That's BS, meat is meat, especially when you're hungry.

#14 ·
When I was about 10 years old my dad took me out camping one day and about half an hour before we got there, he stopped the car, got out and let me take over. This was out in the middle of nowhere. He always let me drive when we were out of civilization. A Peugeot 504 white station wagon at the time. Anyways, I hit a rabbit right after I got behind the wheel. We got out and he grabbed it by its ears held it outside the window because it was still bleeding until we got to the camp side. He skinned it and hung it from a tree. He made a slow cooked rabbit stew. It was delicious.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#15 ·
When I was about 10 years old my dad took me out camping one day and about half an hour before we got there, he stopped the car, got out and let me take over. This was out in the middle of nowhere. He always let me drive when we were out of civilization. A Peugeot 504 white station wagon at the time. Anyways, I hit a rabbit right after I got behind the wheel. We got out and he grabbed it by its ears held it outside the window because it was still bleeding until we got to the camp side. He skinned it and hung it from a tree. He made a slow cooked rabbit stew. It was delicious.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Must be nice to have had such a privledged upbringing, most of our cars' interiors would have actually been improved by a litlte rabbit blood! :wink3:

Reactions: wasp392
#16 ·
well it was 2am when we got to the hotel and no barbecue pit in sight at the Inn in Santa Fe nor the time or desire to gut and skin the wild animal. so asked for a garbage bag and tossed the rabbit.

Born, raised in France, I had plenty of rabbit stew with mustard white wine sauce and i have it up to my ears (no pun intended) of the rabbit stew; reminds me of the long boring Sundays eating food for 5 hours straight going from Lunch to Dinner via a 7 course lunch to a 3 course dinner; as a teenager as much the food and the wine was remarkable I really wanted to do something else.... but heck I had spent the night street racing in the isolate towns of regional France, going through brake pads and engine head gaskets like no tomorrow....lol

ya that 127 FIAT took the abuse like a Queen!

RIP Mum
yes i loved all the food you made me because, at the end, it made me who I am

ODP

Reactions: wasp392
#19 ·
well it was 2am when we got to the hotel and no barbecue pit in sight at the Inn in Santa Fe nor the time or desire to gut and skin the wild animal. so asked for a garbage bag and tossed the rabbit.

Born, raised in France, I had plenty of rabbit stew with mustard white wine sauce and i have it up to my ears (no pun intended) of the rabbit stew; reminds me of the long boring Sundays eating food for 5 hours straight going from Lunch to Dinner via a 7 course lunch to a 3 course dinner; as a teenager as much the food and the wine was remarkable I really wanted to do something else.... but heck I had spent the night street racing in the isolate towns of regional France, going through brake pads and engine head gaskets like no tomorrow....lol

ya that 127 FIAT *took the abuse like a Queen!*

RIP Mum
yes i loved all the food you made me because, at the end, it made me who I am

ODP
As someone who loves to collect odd similes for reuse later, I must say yours both intrigues and confuses me. I've never heard it used before, so it obviously attracts my attention for possible application later on. However, it seems counterintuitive to intimate that someone of royalty could (or even would) take a lot of abuse.

Granted, my only knowledge of queens and how they might or might not react to any particular scenario comes mainly from books and such, so I could be way off base here, but wouldn't the typical queen be more apt to have someone imprsioned and/or tortured at the first sign of any abusive treatment?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.