Dodge Challenger Forum banner

What CAI and exhaust replacement?

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  ALMIGHTY CHEEKS 
#1 ·
So the only 2 things i want to do to my car is add the Cold Air Intake and change the exhaust to get a better roar out of this thing. I have a 2014 RT. I see the K&N CAI is highly recommended. What are the benefits of it over the stock. And for the exhaust what is a good replacement. I don't want any drone. I do have a 6 speed manual transmission.

#2 ·
Zero drone....
Corsa extreme..awesome
CAI .....I wouldn't go with K&N
There are several I would pick over them...
MO

#3 ·
Id avoid K&N or any "oiled" filter element. If you need more details, do some research on "misting" where residual oil vapor is taken into the intake charge and can mess up sensors, etc. Lots of better "dry" options. Muff delete will certainly result in less drone, then the resonator delete option, if you dont want any drone at all, your going to need to find an after market cat-back system that suites your taste..certainly plenty of options available.
Hemi4us

#4 ·
I like the Look of the Mopar CAI....and I think looks are really about all you get with these....If you want an expensive, somewhat quiet exhaust, with zero drone..get the Corsa Extreme.....If you want something a little louder, and less expensive..get something else. I have heard good things about the Solo exhaust. I paid $1700 (installed for my Corsa Extreme...took about 1000 miles before I heard ANY sound....little better now.....but If I had to do it over....i wouldn't buy one again...

#5 ·
^^^^^^i remember your post complaining that you may have received sport instead of extreme,by mistake????
You never did provide audio clip ?
Maybe you did receive sport? Audio clip may help..
I have about 500 miles on since install( mine is a 15) and I can honestly say it was definetly louder /deeper inside cabin from the start ,over factory (1600 miles when switched)...but definetly not too loud and no drone..

#7 ·
The Corsa Rep swears I have the Extreme..Im still not sure. Anyway, one weekend, i noticed the sound had increased quite a bit....I think it was around 1000 miles. So, it now is louder than stock. But, I am not sure I would do it again for $1700....I love the no drone, tips, and the quality....just not sure there is enough sound difference for me....for the cost.

I am not going to post a video...Video's do nothing....you can't tell anything from them. The videos I heard before I bought the Corsa.....sound nothing like it does in person.

I just want the guy to realize...if he wants a "loud" exhaust...he might want to look for something else.

Best way to do it (which is something I never did)....is hear them in person..

#6 · (Edited)
Went with a Mopar CAI and Corsa , also a Mopar front tower strut bar
I also like the look Of the Mopar parts

Try to post photo for some reason I can not

#8 ·
Yeah,....I had the Mopar Front strut brace on my 2010.....Thats my next add on....Looks great. I just bought the Mopar Door stills...Thas a good, and cheap ($75 from Steve White Motors)....add on.

#9 ·
K&N is junk. There are my other good brands that actually design their intakes. K&N isn't one of them.

AFE makes quality stuff.

#10 ·
Mopar and Corsa Extreme

#11 ·
Here is a look at our CAI ,,

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.