Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Would you trade these wheels for STP wheels?

• YES

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • NO

Votes: 18 81.8%

Would you trade these for STP wheels?

4K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Rocco NY 
#1 · (Edited)
Would you trade these for BLACKTOP wheels?

Sorry, I actually meant Blacktop edition wheels, not the STP wheels.

Customer in my showroom might be picking up a 16 Challenger RT Blacktop editor. He mentioned that he wasn't crazy about the wheels and I said maybe I'd be up for a swap as I just got my car 3 weeks ago as well. Now that I'm sitting on it, I don't know how I feel anymore lol.

What do you guys think?

See less See more
#2 ·
I didn't vote because I don't know what I would do. :notallthere:

I love the wheels you have. They are so easy to clean too. Then the blacktop wheels would work on your car since it already has the black hood stripe...And no better contrast than black against white.

Good luck with your choice. I would be losing sleep over this. lol

#5 · (Edited)
I literally am losing sleep lol. On one hand I really do like the style of my wheels way better, on the other I like the contrast of the white on black with my hood stripe.

Coincidental thread since I'm looking to get another Challenger but in B5 and what's keeping me from buying is that all they have for 200 miles around here that I can afford, are damn Blacktop editions and I hate the black wheels. They're everywhere. Must have had a sale on them at the factory. That's all the dealerships have coming in. Purely a personal preference but they look like cheapo Pep Boys wheels to me. The wheels you have are the ones I want or the wheels that come on the Plus trim. On my last Challenger I put a set of your wheels with the black pockets that come on the Shakers now. I like those the best.
Your current wheels look so much more unique than the black wheels so common nowadays. There is a common phrase, "Wheel of the Month", and the black ones have already had a long month. You could always spend lunch money plastidipping your wheels black. Or later, to whatever finish becomes "Wheel of the Month".
I know exactly what the two of you mean. I've never been a huge fan of black wheels, it's like the go too for people with meh taste to look modded. On the other hand, they do sometimes work, and I do have a feeling that they would end up working well on my car being that it's white, with the black modern hood stripe. Theres a member on here who just picked up a white black top and it definitely works...however I also REALLY know what you guys mean.

As far as plasti dip, I actually have an anthracite wheel kit with 3 cans of glossifier ready for this car, but I stumbled upon this opportunity and now it's got me thinking. My fear with the plasti dip is ANY time I've ever seen wheels plasti dipped, they always looked plastidipped if that makes any sense. The anthracite with glossifier supposedly does look pretty good, and almost has a painted look...so well see.

This is the members ride on here that I was talking about...the combo definitely works

#3 ·
Coincidental thread since I'm looking to get another Challenger but in B5 and what's keeping me from buying is that all they have for 200 miles around here that I can afford, are damn Blacktop editions and I hate the black wheels. They're everywhere. Must have had a sale on them at the factory. That's all the dealerships have coming in. Purely a personal preference but they look like cheapo Pep Boys wheels to me. The wheels you have are the ones I want or the wheels that come on the Plus trim. On my last Challenger I put a set of your wheels with the black pockets that come on the Shakers now. I like those the best.

#4 ·
Your current wheels look so much more unique than the black wheels so common nowadays. There is a common phrase, "Wheel of the Month", and the black ones have already had a long month. You could always spend lunch money plastidipping your wheels black. Or later, to whatever finish becomes "Wheel of the Month".

Reactions: Rocco NY
#6 ·
I'd keep your current wheels. I think they're better looking than the Blacktop wheels personally.

I hated black wheels too for a long time until I bought my car. It had the stock black Scat Pack wheels on it. It convinced me on black wheels, at least for my car's color. I've since switched them to a different black wheel.

With that said I think black wheels are a bit too common now. They don't always look good on any car or color combo. They look cool enough on the white Blacktop you posted above but I think what you have currently will end up being different than most other white 2015/16 white RT's you'll see driving around. They'll probably be on black wheels or the 2015/16 snow flake ones.

#7 · (Edited)
I voted no. Besides the Hertiage wheels available on the R/T classic, the wheels on your car are my favorites on the R/T. But it's your ride. You have to pick what wheel you like better. Either wheel will look great.

#8 ·
I luv the black wheels..nuff said!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.