Dealership advice - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Dodge Challenger Classifieds > Dealer Experience

Dealer Experience The place to talk about your buying & selling experiences with dealerships
***SEE RULES STICKY BEFORE POSTING***

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 11:52 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry Dealership advice

So I gave props to my dealer and now I might be thinking I jumped the gun. I am in professional sales and kind of know how it works. But I will keep this short if you need more info please ask but I need advice.

I ordered a 13 Challenger RT on Friday the 6th. That night I realized that the dealer and I had screwed up and picked the wrong stripe package. I emailed the dealer and he said we could change it no problem. So I called 3 times on Saturday and got no resposne. So I emailed on Sunday to let him know we needed to talk about what we were going to do and what my options were. He emailed back Sunday night to say he understood and basically saying ok. I called at 4pm when I got off work and they said he was there and I left a message. Then I called at 7pm and same thing. Then I called at 830pm and emailed and same thing no response. I also got my email today saying congrats on ordering from Dodge. I also put a 1000 dollar deposit on Friday. Thursday up until I put my deposit they were great and now not so much.

So my question is am I being impatient and just need to chill? Or should I just go get my grand back and go somewhere else? I also can go buy my '13 Camaro SS as they offered me full pay off on my '11 also. Or I live in DFW there are tons of other Dodge dealers. So any thoughts?

2013 Dodge Challenger RT
Granite Crystal Metallic - Outside
Dark Slate Grey - Radar Red Leather - Interior
Fully Loaded except Mopar exterior package.
Ordered on 10/7/12 patiently waiting or

Mods coming soon:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2012, 03:35 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

getting a deposit back from a dealer is like taking a bloody roast away from a wolf. good luck in getting it back. (you will but be prepared for crap)
Old 10-09-2012, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by sitedrifter View Post
getting a deposit back from a dealer is like taking a bloody roast away from a wolf. good luck in getting it back. (you will but be prepared for crap)
When I ordered mine, they made sure that I understood that it was a non-refundable deposit. I think I even signed something to that effect.

Worse case, when the car comes in...replace the stripe.

Last edited by MikeDCop; 10-09-2012 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Fixed typo
Old 10-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

If the order was submitted, it can be cancelled or modified since its not in C or D/D1 status.

Eibach Sportline Suspension
Hotchkis Sway Bars
Nitto 555 Extreme 265/50-18"
392 Cam / DS CMR tune
Hurst /G&K modded short-throw shifter
Old 10-09-2012, 06:15 PM

The stripe process goes on last. There should be plenty of time to change the stripe package.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:19 PM

Thanks for all the advice. The dealership told me the deposit is refundable up to the moment I take the car. But yes I am worried about that. But what concerns me most is paying someone that doesn't take care of me. I knew I would get less attention once I ordered but it seems like I am getting none as another day has passed and nothing. I hate that I don't feel like s customer or client anymore. 40 grand is s ton of money for me and I feel like I am getting service st walmart. Don't you think he should have returned my call by now? Should I jump his head or would that make it worse?
Old 10-10-2012, 08:31 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Originally Posted by PrestonTX View Post
Thanks for all the advice. The dealership told me the deposit is refundable up to the moment I take the car. But yes I am worried about that. But what concerns me most is paying someone that doesn't take care of me. I knew I would get less attention once I ordered but it seems like I am getting none as another day has passed and nothing. I hate that I don't feel like s customer or client anymore. 40 grand is s ton of money for me and I feel like I am getting service st walmart. Don't you think he should have returned my call by now? Should I jump his head or would that make it worse?

JUMP! They ignore you now (at sales time) so when it comes time for service it will suck even more. Dodge does not care about it's customers and that is proven by how they allow dealers to manage customer service themselves. The best way to buy a Chrylser product is to hope you never have problems with the car. In my case I have/had toms of problems and service is less then mediocre at best.

Want a good experience, by a Bentley, Aston Martin, Ferrari or Lambo!

Otherwise your best bet is an Asian manufacturer for decent service. Honda for example looses their minds if a dealer acts bad towards a customer.

Last edited by sitedrifter; 10-10-2012 at 08:35 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:43 AM

If you're concerned just go by the dealership. They could be annoyed by the e-mails and
calls. Are you just wanting confirmation that the dealer understood about the stripe change, the deposit or the order in general?
Old 10-10-2012, 09:14 AM

Welcome to the real world. The salesman is on to the next potential buyer.

Having said that, I have found dealer service departments much more responsive since they have a desire to have you keep coming back on a periodic basis. It also helps, I think, to deal with a organization that has aggressive customer feedback programs and is constantly holding their employee's feet to the fire, so to speak.

Not that that is the best for their employees but it probably does help from the consumer side.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:21 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Originally Posted by Davessrt8 View Post
Welcome to the real world. The salesman is on to the next potential buyer.

Having said that, I have found dealer service departments much more responsive since they have a desire to have you keep coming back on a periodic basis. It also helps, I think, to deal with a organization that has aggressive customer feedback programs and is constantly holding their employee's feet to the fire, so to speak.

Not that that is the best for their employees but it probably does help from the consumer side.
That makes no sense since dealerships want new sales business otherwise there is no future business for service department. The norm that I find is sales usually tries hard to kiss your azz and service just SUCKS. At least in my area!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Dodge Challenger Classifieds > Dealer Experience

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.