Dodge Challenger Forum banner

List of dealers that will be price gouging the HellCat

37K views 288 replies 106 participants last post by  macwest 
#1 · (Edited)
This will be the place to make others aware of the dealers riding the greed-wagon. Identified a stealership? List it here.

First on the list is Steve White Motors in Hickory, NC. Pretty sure they are a forum sponsor too.

In all fairness I will differentiate between SteveWhiteParts and the car sales side of Steve White Motors. The parts guys have always been outstanding to deal with and it's a shame the guys on the car sales side can't go by he same standards. The guys in parts still get an A+. To the car sales side...well read on.

I've bought several brand new vehicles from them over the last few years including my current 2013 RAM. These guys were previously pretty decent to deal with in the past but bring out something like the Hellcat to see the true colors come out.

When I inquired about the Hellcat here is what I was told:

"We are initially allowed one and it will be sitting in the middle of the showroom roped off not for sale. Any others will be sold with an addendum over MSRP"

Congratulations, Steve White Motors. You will no longer be getting any of my money.

Who else goes on the list?

Ok per post 53: Lindsey Dodge in Manassas in Virginia

Per post 68:
Brown Dodge in Devine, TX

Per post 21:
North Star Dodge San Antonio - $8950 markup
Blue Bonnet Dodge New Braunfels $10,000 markup

Per post 132
River Front Dodge North Aurora

Per post 162 Grapevine Dodge in TX.

Per post 176 Palmer Dodge in Roswell, GA.

Per post 185 Napleton in Palm Beach at minimum of $5k over.

Per post 186 dealer in MN at $10k over

Per post 188 Central Fl Chrysler Jeep Dodge @ minimum of of $75k

Per post 190 all of these are in Orlando area with a minimum $5k mark up:

*Airport Chrysler Dodge Jeep*
5751 Eagle Vail Dr
Orlando, FL 32822

*Napleton Kissimmee Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram*
1460 E Osceola Pkwy
Kissimmee, FL 34744

*Central Florida Chrysler Jeep Dodge*
8675 Commodity Cir
Orlando, FL 32819

*Orlando Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram*
4101 W Colonial Dr
Orlando, FL 32808

*Napleton Clermont Chrysler Jeep Dodge*
15859 State Highway 50
Clermont, FL 34711

*New Smyrna Chrysler Jeep Dodge*
1300 N Dixie Fwy
New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168

*Posner Park Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM*
42650 U.S. 27
Davenport, FL 33837
*Dodge Chrysler Jeep Of Winter Haven*
299 Cypress Gardens Blvd
Winter Haven, FL 33880

Per post 194 - Riverfront Dodge Aurora, IL. +$10k

Per post 195 - Central Florida Chrysler +$25k

Per post 197 - Orange Coast Dodge in Costa Mesa, CA +$25k

Per post. 198 - Deconzen Dodge, NJ +$25k

Per post 205 - San antonio Dodge +$18k

Per post 207 - LARRY ROESCH CHRYSLER JEEP DODGE Elmhurst, IL +$10k

Per post 208:
Allen Samuels Dodge
1515 South Loop, West Houston, TX 77054
$5,000 over MSRP

Helfman Dodge
7720 Katy Fwy, Houston, TX 77024
$15,000 over MSRP and $10,000 minimum down payment

Mac Haik Dodge
11000 North Fwy, Houston, TX 77037
$10,000 over MSRP

Per post 209:
Mancari's Dodge Jeep Chrysler
Oak Lawn,IL - +$40k!!!!!

Per post 212 - Alhambra in SoCal +$20k

Per post 214 -Christophers Dodge World - Golden, CO +$40k!!!!

Per post 215 Milosch's Palace in Lake Orion, MI +$10k

Per post 218 Planet Dodge in Miami, FL +$15k

Per post 219 Dempey dodge Plano Il +$30k

Per post 220 Orange Coast Chrysler Dodge San Juan Capistrano, CA +$20k

Will add more as time allows based on contents of this forum.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
I don't mind them roping the first one off to generate sales traffic. Their business strategy sounds like a "smash-and-grab" operation where customer loyalty is not rewarded. I won't do business with vendors like that.

I am a Mopar guy but I would be much happier driving a GT350 at sticker than a Hellcat above sticker. So Dodge ultimately is a loser on this deal, too.

#4 ·
Good luck with that lol. Ford dealers are terrible when it comes to ADM on both Boss and Shelby models, in my experience anyway. I grew up a Ford guy but because of how badly the Ford dealers treated me I jumped ship and bought a Ram 1500 a Durango R/T and my since sold Challenger.

#5 ·
This is going to get interesting as we get closer to actually placing our orders.
I will not pay way over msrp, but I do understand some mark up on the car. For me that would be no more than a 1500 dollar mark up. I heard someone post that a dealer planned to mark up to 15K above msrp. Those that can throw around extra thousands like that have at it, not me. :bangin:

#12 ·
Steve White already said on the forums they were selling above MSRP.

#13 · (Edited)
First look at GT350

Dodge has done it's part, producing a world beating car in the Hellcat and then pricing it to sell. With Ford's GT500 gone and the new GT350 still a work in progress, Dodge has a real chance to steal market share and gain new customers. It would be a shame if short sighted dealers mess this opportunity up.

Meanwhile, I think Ford is feeling the heat and probably more than a little jealous about all the favorable publicity the Hellcat is generating for Dodge. Doubt it is an accident that the new GT350 sheet metal was seen for the first time today (see video link below).

If I have to wait a year for the dealers to get back to MSRP on a Hellcat, the upside is that lets me cross-shop against the GT350. Of course, then it will be new and the Ford dealers will want more than MSRP and send me back for a Dodge.

From this video, sure seems like a Boss 302 replacement. Certainly a great time to be a car guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyLHStnfb9E

#15 · (Edited)
It's called "supply and demand".... Car dealerships are in the business of making money so when a vehicle is in demand that raises the value and the price. It amazing how there is nothing but bitching and complaining on these forums and only a few that actually contribute anything of value.

It manufacturers "SUGGESTED" retail price, if they price it above that people will still buy them since some people want the lastest and greatest right away. After while the price will level out, and after awhile they will be more willing to deal.

Steve White Motors has given CT a lot of good deals and has shared lots of info on modding and how to upgrade our Challengers so I can't believe how people act... Well I guess I can cuz this is a forum... Hahaha!!!

I'm sure there won't be any car dealerships that have a problem selling their Hellcats due to this thread.

#16 ·
Really, you might as well just not do anything and wait. The prices will drop. This "name and shame" thing doesn't work, because those dealers who aren't going to mark-up can only get so many hell cats at once.

So, you either pay to be one of the first, or you wait and pay less. Or you can ***** and complain and point fingers, and still wait.

Reactions: Rallye72
#17 ·
It is "supply & demand", and it is a free country, but that doesn't mean people(customers) have to like it. I will never spend my money at a stealership on "any" vehicle, if they mark-up the "hot" vehicles. It's their choice, but its also my choice to not do business with them period...

Reactions: bigredwhat
#18 ·
The dealerships can only mark them up cause someone will pay. Its's Capitalism that makes our world go round. If people just wouldn't pay, the markups go away. Blame the people that waste money.

Having said that, some dealers/salespeople jump for glee when they have a product that is in demand as heavy as the Hellcat. And treat customers (us) like dumb sheep. That's where I cost them money.

One dealership I have cost at least 4 new vehicle sales, (my Ram, two friends Jeeps and of course my Challenger). There may be more as I advised many against buying there - to this day.

So I don't begrudge a markup, they eventually will come down. I most definitely begrudge being treated like an idiot and laughed at and do what I can to punish those dealers.

Reactions: rghoskins
#28 ·
Supply and demand my ass. Sticking it to customers just because the conditions are right is ****ing criminal. Sure, a reasonable markup (1000-2000) on a car like this, not a bad thing, $8950 is not only unethical in my mind but should be criminal. There not called stealerships for nothing. There is such a thing as an dishonest piece of s**t owner who okays these kinds of markups. Rant over, I hate dishonest, opportunistic losers.

Reactions: bigredwhat
#31 ·
Why can't we order them online for msrp. Problem solved?

#33 ·
It is illegal for the manufacturers to sell their cars directly to consumers. The manufacturers are required by state franchise laws to sell only thru authorized dealers. These laws were originally intended to protect consumers, but have morphed into protection for the dealers instead of consumers.

The following is from an introductory paragraph of a study by the Anti-Trust division of the U.S. Department of Justice:

"In the United States, however, direct manufacturer auto sales are prohibited in almost every state by franchise laws requiring that new cars be sold only by dealers. These bans on direct manufacturer sales are part of a broad array of state laws that bar manufacturer ownership of dealers and regulate entry and exit of dealers through territorial restrictions and provisions on dealer termination. Analysis of the economic effects of these laws has led some to conclude that they harm consumers and should be eliminated. The focus here is more narrow – state laws banning direct manufacturer sales, since they may be curtailing development of a more cost-effective method of auto distribution..."

Here is a link to the complete study by the US DOJ into possible anti-competitive effects:

Economic Effects of State Bans on Direct Manufacturer Sales to Car Buyers

#37 ·
I remember when I bought my 300c in '05, they were getting 10k over MSRP all day long but I bought mine from the internet salesman at the dealer here in Tustin, CA for sticker price no markup. I just had to wait 30 days for it to be delivered.

#38 ·
BS. If dodge wanted to make money theyd fight that law. You can buy a dam house online. Doesnt the fk over the realtor side of making commission!

You can also buy a privately owned used car online. Why not dirrectly from the manufacturer. I bet most of us would be in favor of ordering online so in terms dodge would be making more money and dealers would have to concentrate more on customer service than money and greed.

#41 ·
This has become an American way! Make a buck and screw your neighbor. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. I am a disabled veteran. Us veterans are getting too expensive for our government. More money for us might cut into the bottom line of big business by making them pay more taxes. You think $59,900 is expensive for some of these rich people. It is chump change for them.

BKuz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.