Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2015 challenger scat pack being supercharged

61K views 164 replies 46 participants last post by  Paul_C 
#1 ·
2015 Challenger Scat Pack getting a new Magnuson supercharger, 6 lbs system with a stage one fuel pump
Luke

See less See more
#3 ·
pcm swap?

#9 ·
Unlocked by HP Tuners most likely. I'm not sure if Diablo is unlocking their own or not.

#11 ·
Luke is taking good care of my car, I dropped off something needed for the installation yesterday and he spent about an hour talking about his rides, other installations they've done and answering questions about my car.

I had Steve White install mopar coilovers on my previous Challenger. When I purchased my Scat Pack I asked Luke about doing coilovers versus stage1 springs... He said he'd love to sell me the coilovers but recommended putting stage1 springs on because of the Bilstein shocks that came on the Scat Pack. If you live within driving distance and need work done you need to talk to Luke, by far the best and most knowledgeable service manager I've ever dealt with.

#14 ·
What pistons are you going with? It has been shown many, many times that the 392 absolutely will not survive boost, even just 6 lbs, for very long. I'd go with the Mahle 2618's. They are very strong, and WHEN (not if) you turn the boost up, you'll be safe.
This thing will be a super blast to drive when done and dialed in!
Congrats!! :thumbsup:

#17 ·
I agree... sooner or later you will need them. Boosting the 392 is cool, but it just isn't a good setup from the factory. Boost + 10.9:1 compression = BOOM.

#19 ·
Yes, there's been a few failures that have gotten a lot of press on the forums.
However there's also a LOT of 392's running superchargers with 6-8 psi. that have had no issues.

Anyone running a supercharger should have an AFR and boost gauge and needs to pay attention to it. I've got mine set to show an alarm when I'm above 11.5 AFR.
If you see the AFR is much above 11.2 you need to lift. Stay out of partial throttle boost whenever possible.
A fuel gauge isn't a bad investment either, or at least datalog injector pulse width to make sure you're not running out of fuel above 5500 rpm.
Also, if you're planning on hammering it and holding through top gear you need to make sure you have good fuel as the engine is more prone to detonation when loaded in top gear.
I run Torco in every tankful of gas as an extra precaution.

Last, most of us need to have two tunes: a Summer and a Winter tune.
My car that will run consistent 11.2 AFR in the Houston Summer will get to 11.8 and higher once the cool weather rolls in.

Like anything else, if you don't follow the parameters for the power adder you're using you'll probably damage something.
It's all in the tune, how you drive, and what fuel you run. Have fun and enjoy the ride!

#21 ·
Yes, there's been a few failures that have gotten a lot of press on the forums.
However there's also a LOT of 392's running superchargers with 6-8 psi. that have had no issues.

Anyone running a supercharger should have an AFR and boost gauge and needs to pay attention to it. I've got mine set to show an alarm when I'm above 11.5 AFR.
If you see the AFR is much above 11.2 you need to lift. Stay out of partial throttle boost whenever possible.
By partial throttle boost, do you mean it goes full 6 or 8 psi when you're only on the gas a little, or like 20%?

Going to get a supercharger one day, and this would concern me if it's a problem since mine is a DD.

#20 ·
Good insight ^^. Thanks.

That's what makes me more prone to save up for a Hellcat.

I'm to lazy to want to have to deal with monitoring the gauges under certain driving conditions, avoid driving it a certain way, having to data log and go have the car tuned and tweaked, or having to have different tunes for the season or track days etc...

Of course mine is a daily driver if the weather is good (the pickup gets driven on rainy days). If it was a hobby or weekend toy I'd probably like that kind of stuff.

Reactions: YLWJKT
#27 ·
???
How is simply stating that this build is not being tuned by someone an insult?
He said nothing bad, just stated a simple fact in reply to a question.
Just because he's not using your tuner of choice is an insult?
You, sir, are the one showing a lack of class.

#32 · (Edited)
Would be nice to know who is doing the tuning. It has to be a Diablo or HP Tuners interface though. HP Tuners was the first to crack. HP Tuners cracks the encryption on the PCM and provides the interface for tuning, they don't actual provide tunes.

There are a few shops getting pretty good with the HP Tuners interface and I would, and will, choose a good tuner using HP Tuners over Diablo. I'm just waiting to him to say he's ready. Hint... he used to work for API.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.