Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2015 scat pack rear spoiler, include camera!!!!

30K views 67 replies 22 participants last post by  MLR1 
#1 ·
2015 Scat Pack rear spoiler, fits 2008 to 2015 Challenger, taller and wider and has the dip in the center
in stock

SPOILER-REAR | Genuine Mopar | 1ZB40RXFAF

remember to use the cha1 discount code

Luke

See less See more
#7 ·
Hope someone figures out a way to wire the camera up to a lockpic. Would love to have this spoiler.

#9 ·
Any links? Just searched around with nothing to show for it lol. I found that someone installed a hellcat spoiler, but they are not running the camera that came with it.

#11 · (Edited)
Hi Luke,
I have many project ideas and this is one of them...
but first i will like to know if the scat pack front spoiler will fit my 2015 5.7..

My question is i have the small screen dont have the 8.4 :-(
Will this be plug and play or have to mess with wiring and will dealer have to pogram it...

Thanks

#15 ·
there is no retrofitting radios at this time, none.....what you buy with is what you get
im sure somebody will figure out the electronics at some point but for the time being, not a chance

in other words, if you buy with the small 4.3, your married to it, if you wanted nav and the 8.4, you better buy it that way upfront

the scat pack spoiler will fit for the front, the Hellcat will not fit on anything but a Hellcat

the scat pack front lip spoiler is on back order

Luke

#16 ·
Luke, do you have a picture of the camera connection? Looking to hook this up to my lockpick

Thanks

#18 ·
Thanks Luke, you can take a picture of my spoiler. The one I just ordered LOL. I'm kind of impatient like that :-D

#19 ·
The connector is about 3/4" square with 6 wires, that also means you'll need to drill a hole that big in order to feed the plug through the deck lid unless you have a pin out tool to remove the wires from the connector.

#20 ·
Thanks Gary, yeah I have a pin extractor tool.

#22 ·
Grancuda, just click the link and the price is listed (subtract $22 - I think for Challengertalk discount)

Here are the wiring diagram and connector pin-out

Attachments

#40 ·
Rudedog, Can you offer some assistance with helping me figure out the wiring for connection to a Pioneer AVH-X5600BHS? Looking at the manual it shows only a single RCA to the R.C In plug and then 1 or 2 wires from the unit that connect to back lamp. Does this mean I only need to run the rca to the camera and wire everything else from the unit? Here is a little snippet from the manual, along with the link and page number:

Violet/White of the two lead wires connected to the back lamp, connect the one in which the voltage changes when the gear shift is in the REVERSE position. This connection enables the unit to sense whether the car is moving forward or backwards.

Page 52:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Car/AVH-X5600BHS_OwnersManual080814.pdf

#23 ·
Hooking this up to a lock pick you would use the following wires

Black - ground
Red - reverse +12V (lockpick activates this for you, just use it's +12V)
Silver braided wire - Video shield
Green - video source

Not used
Blue
White

There is enough wire to simply cut the connector off , solder your wires and run the cable. The camera actual comes out of the spoiler with 4 T15 torx bolts so you can remove the camera to have the spoiler painted

** There is no reverse grid hooking this up with a lockpick or aftermarket radio

Reactions: wasp392 and JB1
#25 ·
Note, you do have to drill 7 holes for this to work. The only holes that line up are the two end ones that are used with the threaded nuts.

Other then that, the hardest part is getting the old spoiler off. Had tons of damage under my old spoiler where it rubbed the paint off. This new spoiler is just a bit wider at the base

Reactions: wasp392
#27 ·

realized I was missing something, ran in and cut one of these out

Some pictures of the cam removed from the spoiler

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.