Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Daytona tail light overlay

110K views 344 replies 77 participants last post by  paulcourville 
#1 ·
Hi Luke,
What would the set cost shipped to 03452?

Thanks.

#10 · (Edited)
guinea pig, 2012 Challenger R/T 6 speed.......

and the mission, Daytona tail light overlay

is it a perfit fit....no....is it for everyone no!!!!

however, on mine and my son in law liked them so much, now on is

first step, use a heat gun or blow dryer and remove the dodge letters of the rear tail lamp assembly

clean residue....doesnt have to be perfect, cause you wont see it

dry fit the overlays

clean the edge of the edge and the whole tail light with pro-solv or something similar, basically a de greaser

wipe the outside edge of the lamps with an adhesion promoter

do the same with the inside of the edges of the overlay

apply additional tape on the top and bottom edge of the lamps, all the way across,

peel the two way tape and install both left and right tail lamp overlays

get a person to hold the decklid partially open,

next step is much easyer if you have 2 people one on each end of the center overlay

carefully center it and push into place bending slightly from center out on both side, apply some pressure and make sure good contact has been made

clean the center of the overlay with the pro-solv, wipe with the adhesion promoter, and center and apply the new dodge logo

stand back and admire your work

with help of 2 people, installed in less than 20 minutes, total, of course have done this a couple of times

Luke

#17 ·
Looks good.

why did you have to "apply additional tape on the top and bottom edge of the lamps, all the way across, "

and is that included in the package?
not included, lots of experience installing them, in order for them to fit better and look great, need the additional tape to add strenght to the install, we have complaint numerous times to HPP with little reaction

i personally really like them, changes the look of the rear, for me theres too much tail light on the Challengers

again like i said in earlier post not for everyone but well worth to me and my son in law

Luke

#18 ·
Hi Luke, been doing some research on these and am getting ready to order a set but am more leaning toward the superbee set do you carry that style and if so what would a set cost sent to 84124?

Will also be looking for some of the Retro USA items, is that one of your lines?

Thanks, Rob

#20 ·
Hmm interesting. like the overlays not for everyone but with the tail light covers I'm thinking I'll like the look.

fwiw Customer Photos | RetroUSA

so what are you getting if I just go with the daytonas and fwiw, what does on back order usually mean, 2 weeks - 6 months?

a little wait is OK as I can work on my grand daughters vette while I wait for them

Rob

#21 ·
Hmm interesting. like the overlays not for everyone but with the tail light covers I'm thinking I'll like the look.

fwiw Customer Photos | RetroUSA

so what are you getting if I just go with the daytonas and fwiw, what does on back order usually mean, 2 weeks - 6 months?

a little wait is OK as I can work on my grand daughters vette while I wait for them

Rob

Daytonas in stock, Superbird on back order, has been for months, would not hold my breath
thanks

Luke

#24 ·
Can we have pics of the Daytona rear end vs the superbird rear end looking straight on at the rear?

#30 ·
the batch your getting in are they the new ones ....

#32 ·
hmmmm do you take credit cards ????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.