Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Hellcat ram air tube & box kit.....

16K views 52 replies 23 participants last post by  RickLB 
#1 · (Edited)
#6 ·
0:)

Only 15 up

#7 ·
I'm pretty sure the Shaker will have a CAI which eliminates the airbox entirely, correct? So this won't work for that application.

#8 ·
yes, the box is replaced on a shaker, however there is no 15 shakers yet, in theory a careful diy, could drill a hole using a hole saw, and with care, could most likely make it work, by using the tube only

we have lots of tubes in stock, the box is the issue

Luke

#15 ·
Okay, I finally decided to buy a box & tube. :D

Just placed my order. "Your order number is 1934."

Thanks Luke!

I likely won't need any of the extra fresh air it provides the way I usually drive, but it's such an easy mod so why not. I'm removing the right side headlight plug too so both sides look the same. I might plug the right side from "the inside."

Reactions: 1 person
#25 ·
#24 ·
Don't forget to move the rubber grommet on the bottom of the stock lower airbox over to the new one or it will move around and make noise...

Reactions: Bones and Guest
#27 ·
Mine is scheduled to arrive today....now if my car could only get here that quick...LOL

Reactions: 1 person
#33 · (Edited)
Installed the Hellcat lower intake box and tube this weekend and noticed two details not covered so far.

1) The stock lower box on my SRT 292 had a foam rubber seal around the lower intake port and a small foam pad on the side that is closest to the inner fender well. The foam seal keeps a nice seal and probably keeps it quite. The foam pad is there to keep things from rattling.

2) If you are careful you can remove both and transfer to the new lower intake box and it makes for a nicer OEM install.

Prior to the install my IAT was at its best about 10 degrees above ambient, now with the Hellcat box installed the IAT at rest are the same as before however once rolling they drop faster and drop to within 4-6 degrees above ambient depending on your speed.

Reactions: moparSRT
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.