Dodge Challenger Forum banner

How to lower your r/t or se mopar stage one

77K views 155 replies 40 participants last post by  stevewhiteparts 
#1 ·
purchase a new 2012 Challenger R/T for my wife on friday, tomorrow its gets lowered, new 20's, nav system and a few other goodies
stay tune will post the transformation starting with Mopar stage 1 springs
Luke

#2 ·
Can't wait to see the finished results.

Is it okay to put those Mopar stage 1s on a 2012, thought those were for 2008-10 or something?

How much do they lower the front/back?

#15 ·
car as not been driven yet, need to settle for a few days,
however

after front

rear after

after the car has been driven and sat overnite the front has now dropped to 29 inches, an additional drop of .5 inch since first measured, the rear has not dropped at all
Luke

ps to recap

front now measures 29 inches and rear measures 30 inches, measured at the center of the wheel

#11 ·
on a 2009 r/t are you required to replace the rear shocks? and when you get some seat time, can you let us know how they compare to the SRT springs?

#12 ·
we very rarely lower srt's, dont know how to answer the question
take a look at your rear shocks, and look at the picture we posted of the rear shocks on this 2012, if their very similar, it will work, thanks
Luke v

ps we have never change shocks to lower a Challenger on any R/T or SE

#14 ·
we never replace rear shocks, at least not yet, we have lowered a bunch of 2009 thru 2012 without ever replacing rear shocks......the header orange car feature here is my wife's 2012 R/T auto and the redline below is mine, stp 6 speed R/T, also lowered with the Mopar Stage 1

Luke

#16 ·
i was referring to how the mopar springs ride quality compare to stock SRT suspension. Im debating on going with mopar stage 1 or factory SRT suspension on my 6-sp RT. BTW.. great lookin r/t you have there

#17 ·
sorry have no experience with srt springs on non srt vehicles, we dont install them, what i can tell you, there is no significant difference between the stock springs to the Mopar stage 1 springs, my wife really didnt see any difference when we drove the car last nite and cannot remember any customer that we lowered their Challenger complain on the ride quality, im sure there is some additional harshness difference and additional stiffness, but not significant

luke

#18 ·
Thanks Luke, coming from a lowerd ram (6/8 drop) i just dont want to do that all over again. Thanks for the info.

#24 ·
Can you take some measurements of your Redline with the Mopar springs? I have '12 6 speed STP challenger also and would like to know how much of a difference there is. I only have 600 miles so it hasn't settled completely. Thanks

Leigh

#30 ·
Could you post some newer pics of your wife's Challenger now that it has had more time time to "settle in"? The reason I ask is because it looked like the rear shocks that are shown in the "disassemby phase" appear to be Novimats, which I have on my 2011 Challenger, 6spd. I'm interested in the fender height that the car currently has. I really like the way your Challenger sits. Mine is Redline Tricoat also, but you have the STP setup and mine has just the "regular" suspension, which looks like your wifes' Challenger has. I'd really like to purchase the Stage 1 springs, but I just want to make sure that the Novimats won't be an issue.

#33 ·
Luke thanks for sharing. What other parts are needed to get the alignment done? I have read in other posts that you need new control arms or something?

#34 · (Edited)
on the R/T's we normally can adjust well within specs without anything else, on occassions also move the cradle and ob-blong the holes on that has well, we have never installed camber bushing etc

we have quite a few vehicles that have been lowered for a year or more with no abnormal wear issues, we do recommend rotation every 3k, especially with the f1 supercar tires

Luke

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.