Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Major Announcement From Magnuson Superchargers....

16K views 88 replies 27 participants last post by  stevewhiteparts 
#1 · (Edited)
We will have power train warranties available from all Magnuson superchargers very shortly, there will be restrictions, but for the average new car owner, you will have great peace of mind for that supercharge installation

more information will follow later today

Luke:grin2:

See less See more
#2 ·
So the pics of those Maggies weren't enough to make me drool all over the keyboard; now you tease with a possible warranty? :surprise: I have been on the fence as I only have 6500 miles on the car and was concerned about losing the warranty. Will definitely keep up with this!

#7 ·
Watching this. I have over 15.5K. Ready for some power!

#13 ·
Well, bummer! I got all excited for nothing. My car is a '13 with 22,000 miles and coming up on 3 years this April, 2016. I have a 7 year warranty through the dealer. I was in hopes that this warranty would protect the powertrain from the date of installation of the supercharger.

Oh well.

It looks like it's going to be a great thing for those folks with new cars who don't want to install because of warranty.

#17 ·
supercharger system are all the same for 11 thru 16, Challenger, Charger and 300 5.7L and 6.4L, only difference is tuning, up to 14 its pretty simple process, 15 need to get pcm unlock, with 2016 the pcm must be unlocked but the vehicle must be custom tuned on the dyno, so must be done here,

11 thru 15 we can sell and walk you thru the install process, a decent unafraid good diy should be able to install and install the tuning

Luke

#18 ·
we have discussed the perimeter of the new warranty with Magnuson, and we feel pretty confident that a few changes will come, we have made a few suggestions

must be installed during the basic warranty

and the warranty begins at time of installation,

so in other words, if installed within the first 3 years of ownership while the vehicle is still under basic warranty, the Magnuson powertrain warranty would extend the warranty from the install date and not the in service date

Luke

#20 ·
Luke, it says:

"Covered components being tampered with or altered from factory specification".
If you install forged drop-in pistons along with the Maggie will that void the warranty?

#24 ·
Even AAA will give you hell if you leave the window numbers on your car when they come to pick you up if you're at the track. After my brother killed his 10 bolt it took some convincing that he wasn't racing before they would tow him home. Now we roll with a car trailer...haha

#26 · (Edited)
I wonder how many warranty claims have been voided by Chrysler because there was a 12 second timeslip stored in the performance pages??? :smoker:

I haven't been to a strip in over a decade but that's not to say that I haven't romped around on some rural roads to see what the performance pages timeslips say. I can't imagine that there is even one Mag owner who hasn't done the same.

Anyway, I think most SC owners could afford some engine work if things went south. Knowing that Magnuson is this confident in their product gives them a few extra brownie points in my book.

#27 ·
Big issue for me is that although there are a lot of posts here that say no problem running 6 - 7 pounds on a stock 392. I am not comfortable with doing even 6 - 7 pounds on stock internals and almost an 11:1 compression ratio. I want to do forged pistons and lower the compression to 10:1 or 9.5:1. I don't drag race at the track or do autocross or track racing. But I want to know that I have an advantage with upgrades before I supercharge. You would think Magnuson would welcome an upgrade in pistons and a lower compression ratio. All I want is a mean street machine and not worry about crazy short ringland pistons doing a dance and destroying my motor.

#31 ·
again, the intent of this warranty is to give peace of mind to a new vehicle buyer and offer a 3 year or 36k mile warranty included with the purchase of the unit.

its not designed to allow you to modify and beat the car on the drag strip or any other track and have unlimited coverage, this follows the same principle found with the factory original basic warranty....

you drag race the car and you have no factory warranty or Magnuson warranty...you modify the car beyond stock configuration except for the supercharger system and again you have no factory or Magnuson warranty

if your going to modify a car to race on any track or beyond the scope of original equipment you assume all risk.....nothing has change

this is not meant to be a get out of jail card

however I applaud Magnuson for offering a basic warranty at no additional charge for the average guy to have some peace of mind on his new vehicle and allow them to have more than the factory was willing to offer

Luke:grin2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.