Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Mopar stage 1 lowering springs

95K views 225 replies 71 participants last post by  stevewhiteparts 
#1 ·
Mopar lowering springs, part# P5155436, 206.86 shipping on average between 25 and 45.00 dollars depending on zip code

Mopar Stage 1 Performance Springs are for owners who desire a sporty yet comfortable ride. They reduce ride height 1.0" for that low, custom look. The high-tensile spring material ensures durability and heightens spring performance without bind. These factory-produced lowering springs were designed using Chrysler Engineering specifications to achieve optimal performance. (does not fit SRT8).

NOTE: Lowering Springs Require Shock Change. When fitting the Mopar Lowering Springs on a Challenger equipped with Sachs Nivomat self-leveling rear shock absorbers, please note that a rear shock change is required for proper appearance. Failure to replace the original equipment, self-leveling rear shocks on these vehicles as described will result in a rear ride height that is too high.

our experience is that they will fit on 2011 as well, and they typically lower the car more than 1 inch, usually nearly 2 inches front and 1.5 inch rear. As a rule we did not have to install camber bushings, we have been able to aligned the vehicle within specification with minor gring and oblong the mounting holes.

Also the spring with work with nivomat shocks, however will not work with the self leveling shocks.
Luke

See less See more
#2 ·
I thought nivomet shocks were self leveling. I have a 6spd.

#3 ·
That's an old post my man. They now have out MOPAR Stage 1 springs for self leveling vehicles. I just did mine in my '13 SRT. Fronts came down about 3/4-7/8 and rears 1/2-5/8 inch. Not much, just a little. Looks nice, drives awesome.

Reactions: hemi leadsled
#5 ·
Best mod ever.

Reactions: 19johned53
#12 ·
are these self leveling

Attachments

#14 ·
Awesome thanks

#17 ·
Lowered 1 5/8 inch

Attachments

#18 ·
Another shot

Attachments

#22 · (Edited)
I installed the Mopar Stage 1 Springs on my 2011 RT Classic a few years back....lowered my front 2" and my rear 1 5/8".
The guy who installed did the alignment and said ALL was good....well he LIED...tires wear out on the inside (Camber issues), I'm like -2.0 all the way around
What are yawl doing or using to correct that.
Luke....what kind of deals you got to FIX...?

Reactions: James 392
#23 ·
stages one will not lower a car 2 inches!!!!

at best approx 1.25 inches, either not installed correctly, or something else, not sure

always use the srt alignment specs

front camber will usually be approx -1.5 left and about -1.9 right, which is just outside of the factory high end spec, and as long as you rotate the tires, we dont have issues.....

there is a bolt for the front, which will give you approx .4 of a degree adjustment, after that you will need to seek aftermarket solutions, however we dont have that problem, several hundred + installs later.....no issues, i would revisit the installation

Luke

#25 ·
Kit (Springs, Mopar Stage 1) purchased from my Local Dealer Texans JCD in Humble (was Planet Dodge). Unless I measured wrong (Pretty sure I didn't) it did drop my front end 2" after final settlement.
I measured the bottom of fender arch before spring install and after to the ground ad 2" was the out come.
All four comers wear on the inside.
Not sure how they could have installed the springs incorrectly....they fit in to the caps...!

#26 ·
sorry i do not know, unless the coils are bad and are sagging, anything is possible, normal height is 1.25
anything over 1.5 will require some suspension modification in order to correct alignment and tire wear
Luke

ps have never seen a bad set of springs yet....doesnt mean that you dont have a set

#27 · (Edited)
Close to 10k miles on my Stage Ones. No tire wear issues at all.

Bought and installed at my local dealer, and they did check alignment afterwards. All 4 corners in spec on mine. Tires are wearing evenly, and I rotate at about 5k miles.

My 2010 R/TC had the stock "high riding" springs, and they lowered it pretty much the same as Luke stated:

Recent photo/front shot, and tires look good:

#31 ·
Yes, here are some before and after pics. The pic with out the caliper covers on is the before... Land vehicle Vehicle Car Blue Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Blue Muscle car

Reactions: 71 HemiCuda
#33 ·
Is there a coupon code we need to out in to get the &206.xx price in the original post? When I look on the website they come up as $229.74

Thanks

#35 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.