Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Chrysler Canada Introduces 2009 Dodge Challenger Lineup and Announces Pricing for the

10K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Daddy Kool 
#1 ·
  • The ultimate muscle coupe is back, packed with modern technology and sophistication
  • Unprecedented demand building for first year version of new muscle car
  • Challenger SRT8® model to be the best value in SRT8 lineup
  • Available Canadian-only limited-edition 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 500 model to identify exclusive limited-volume first year vehicles and pay tribute to Dodge’s strong racing heritage
  • Full 2009 Challenger lineup offers dynamic coupes at a wide variety of content levels and engine/transmission choices
  • Complete 2009 Dodge Challenger lineup to arrive this fall
Windsor, Ontario, Mar 19, 2008 - Dodge announced pricing today for the modern interpretation of the ultimate muscle coupe. The limited-volume 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8® will have a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $44,995 (which excludes $1300 destination), and offer modern features such as 20” SRT Design wheels, high-performance suspension, dual-exhaust, and high-intensity discharge headlamps. Powered by the SRT 6.1 litre, 425-hp HEMI® engine, the new Challenger will be one of the top “Bang for the Buck” products on the market, and Chrysler Canada’s best value in its SRT8 lineup. Later this year, four 2009 Dodge Challenger models will be offered in Canada: Dodge Challenger SE, Dodge Challenger SXT, Dodge Challenger R/T and Dodge Challenger SRT8. Pricing for the complete all-new Dodge Challenger lineup will be announced at a later date.
2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 500
For the 2008 Model Year only, Canadian automotive enthusiasts will have the chance to own the Limited-Edition Dodge Challenger SRT8 500.
  • First year collectors edition Dodge Challenger SRT8 500 is reminiscent of the 1969 Dodge Charger 500 and is a testament to Dodge’s strong racing heritage
  • The Challenger SRT8 500 shares many of the attributes associated with Dodge racing heritage such as its HEMI performance, Sure grip differential, performance brakes and unique performance exhaust, suspension and steering
  • 0-60 mph in less than five seconds
2008 Challenger SRT8 500 models will be available in Black, Silver and HEMI Orange. All will feature a special 500 badge in front grille, 500 badge in the instrument panel, and all customers will receive a unique Certificate of Authenticity. The Challenger SRT8 500 will be powered by a 6.1-liter HEMI V-8 engine mated to a five speed automatic transmission with AutoStick that boasts 425 horsepower and 420 lb.-ft. of torque.
The 2008 Challenger SRT8 500 will also include a wide range of high tech equipment such as dual “carbon-fiber” hood stripes, harkening back to the original Dodge Challenger, AM/FM 6 disc DVD MP3 radio, 13 speakers Kicker SRT High Performance Audio, UConnect® Hands Free Communication, Security Alarm and Rearview auto dim mirror with microphone.
Interior 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 500 highlights include race-inspired leather seats with added bolstering and an exclusive orange accent stripe, exclusive stitched accents on the seats and steering wheel, four-bomb gauges with tachometer and speedometer in the center, and an SRT-exclusive Reconfigurable Display (RCD) with Performances Pages that provide drivers instant feedback on 0–100 km/h time, 100–0 km/h braking, g-forces and ¼-mile time.
“The demand and enthusiasm generated by the Dodge Challenger is unprecedented,” said Reid Bigland, President and CEO – Chrysler Canada Inc. “The passion is especially fervent with enthusiasts and our dealers who understand the collectible nature of a first year sports car and have made it clear: They want their limited-edition 2008 Challenger SRT8 500 and they want it now. We will work with our dealers to get them out in the coming months and then to roll out the full lineup of 2009 models including V-6, HEMI and HEMI SRT8 versions.”
2009 Dodge Challenger Lineup - Essential Hardware
Four 2009 Dodge Challenger models will be offered in Canada: Dodge Challenger SE, Dodge Challenger SXT, Dodge Challenger R/T and Dodge Challenger SRT8.
The Dodge Challenger SE powered by the 3.5-litre High-Output V-6 with a four-speed automatic transmission produces 250 horsepower (186 kW) and 250 lb.-ft of torque (339 N•m)
The Dodge Challenger SXT will include standard 18” aluminum wheels, Anti-lock 4-wheel disc brakes, all-speed traction control, leather wrapped steering wheel, power 8-way driver seat, security alarm and fog lamps.
The Dodge Challenger R/T features the new-generation 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine with five-speed automatic transmission that produces 370 horsepower (276 kW) and 398 lb.-ft. of torque (540 N•m). For 2009, the HEMI engine is upgraded to get an estimated five percent improvement in fuel economy as well as an increase of 30 horsepower (8 per cent) and 8 lb.-ft. improved torque over a greater range of engine speeds. The Dodge Challenger R/T also offers a precision shift six-speed manual transmission combined with the new-generation HEMI-powered engine that will produce 375 horsepower (280 kW) and 404 lb.-ft. of torque (548 N•m) when running on premium fuel.
The 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 features an SRT-exclusive 6.1-liter HEMI V-8 engine with five-speed automatic transmission with Auto Stick that generates a blistering 425 horsepower (317 kW) and 420 lb.-ft. of torque (310 N•m). The vehicle can go from zero to 60 mph in less than five seconds. The Dodge Challenger SRT8 also offers a precision shift six-speed manual transmission.
Patterned off the Dodge Charger architecture, the front suspension and five-link independent rear suspension system on all Dodge Challenger models provide excellent ride and handling characteristics.
Essential Styling
The Dodge Challenger design team strived to stay true to the concept revealed at the 2006 North American International Auto Show, while drawing upon elements from the original Challenger.
On the exterior, the long, raised hood with scoops and recessed grille with round dual-headlamps are reminiscent of the original Dodge Challenger. The bold A-line, or character line, that runs from stem to stern gives the all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger an instantly recognizable muscle car profile. Retro dual rectangular exhaust outlets complete the look from the rear.
On the interior, the trapezoidal theme of the door-panel cove and gauge cluster, dark headliner and slanted shifter console are inspired by the original Dodge Challenger. The modern interpretation of the Dodge Challenger offers exceptional rear seating for a two-door coupe, achieving best-in-class rear head (37.4 inches) and leg (32.6 inches) room compared to the competition. Coupled with best- in-class cargo space (16.2 cu. ft.) — equal to the Dodge Charger — the all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger offers added comfort and functionality.

Source: http//www.media.chrysler.com/newsrelease.do?id=7781&mid=140

See less See more
#4 ·
I put down my deposit for an 2009 SRT because I want the 6-speed. The only dam problem was that it would not be offered in Hemi Orange but then after seeing a Hemi-Orange Charger, I will opt for the Black Brillinat Pearl because it will be faster!

#6 ·
I put down my deposit for an 2009 SRT because I want the 6-speed. The only dam problem was that it would not be offered in Hemi Orange but then after seeing a Hemi-Orange Charger, I will opt for the Black Brillinat Pearl because it will be faster!
Don't know if you've been to your local dealer - but Hemi-Orange is now available for the 09 Challenger SRT8.

I just ordered mine - the guy taking my order said that color code opened up in early May. So - I got Option PLC for Hemi Orange Pearl Coat.
You can even get stripe delete if you want...

#11 ·
REPORTEDLY Chrsyler has NOT placed a plaque on the dash for the Canadian units, just a badge that says 500 series. Claims now that they have produced 741 units for Canada not the 500 they claimed, so they will not plaque your dash with number X of 500.

Lets see, no plaque or limited number they claimed, orange available in 2009 which originally claimed only 2008, MRSP of $25000 for 09 model with 3.5L, but option of 5.7L for $35000 and for another $5000 more option to the 6.1L. 4 speed manual trans available in 09.

Me thinks the demand for these will surely die as it will be a standard production unit available at any time. Take a look at flea bay and see how many are for sale in the U.S. that can be had for $44,000 U.S. as they cannot sell them for any more.

#14 ·
I looked at the only 2 Canadian owners showing "HERE" status, on the registry, and they still show ?/500 ; so it looks like this is true. Can any owners confirm this?
The other thing originally posted (Look at the start of this thread) was that the SRT 8 / 500 would have "Sure Grip". It doesn't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.