Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Dodge Challenger Demon SRT Information Thread

233K views 1K replies 214 participants last post by  Slidd 
#1 · (Edited)

Stumbled upon this searching through Dodge Challenger related news tonight.

Fiat Chrysler to reveal Dodge Challenger Demon SRT in New York

The article was taken down and scrubbed from Google search within 30 minutes of it being posted, but I managed to cling on to the URL long enough to pull a cached version of it for you guys. There are some typos in the article (like the Hellcat being referred to as a 6.8L engine) but for the most part it sounds legit, and Detroit Free Press is a credible news source.. what do you guys think??

***EDIT***

Welp its official.

The 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon will be a meaner Hellcat halo car

Official Dodge Teaser videos leading up to the unveiling can be found HERE.

More links:

The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Promises To Be Even More Insane Than Any Hellcat

2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon: a Hellcat on Steroids?

The Dodge Demon is coming, an evil mutation of the Challenger SRT Hellcat

The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Will Be Lighter Than A Hellcat

This Might Be The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Way Before You're Supposed To See It

2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Getting Drag Radials, Wide-body

What Does The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon's Mysterious License Plate Mean?

The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Is Going To Suck Harder Than Metallica After They Sold Out

The 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Will Come With A Crate Full Of Goodies

The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Sounds So Nuts You Might Think It's Broken

The Dodge Challenger Demon Might Only Be Available With An Automatic

The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Has An Insane Cooling System No Other Car Has

The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Will Be Able To Run On 100 Octane

IT LIVES

The 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Is Officially An 840 HP Drag Strip Nightmare

840-hp 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon has arrived: Here are all the details

Whoa! Dodge Demon to get 840 horsepower

See less See more
#3 ·
The Detroit Free Press is a reputable newspaper and it quoted Tim Kuniskis. Also, FCA already has a logo. Incredible as it sounds, a badder Hellcat engine will be coming in a limited edition Challenger!!

FCA will be using the previous Hellcat commercial, "Cage," (see link below) with a twist. The caged Hellcat morphs into a Demon!

#8 ·
What a coincidence. Earlier today, I was reading about Twisted Sister lead singer Dee Snider's Dodge Challenger that he customized with an updated version of the Demon logo -- Celebrity Drive: Twisted Sister's Dee Snider And His Dodge - Motor Trend

I looked it up because in Dec. 2015 he showed up at a middle school performance of "A Christmas Carol" featuring one of our friend's daughters, along with his grandchild, and he was driving a plum crazy Challenger.

#14 · (Edited)
New official challenger SRT demon

New halo car coming to dodge called the challenger SRT demon. If this is real I can't wait!!!!

"Named after the 1971 Dodge Demon, a muscular variant of the Dodge Dart that packed a 340-ci (5.6-liter) V-8, the new “ultimate performance halo” will be unveiled in April at the 2017 New York auto show, two days prior to the premier of the “Fate of the Furious” in which is may be appearing.

“Most cars attempt to be everything to everybody. Then there are the rare few that revel in a single objective, rendering them totally irresistible to a subculture,” said Tim Kuniskis, Head of Passenger Car brands for Dodge, SRT, Chrysler and FIAT for North America. Adding, “The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is conceived, designed and engineered for a subculture of enthusiasts who know that a tenth is a car [length], and a half second is your reputation.”"

https://www.google.com/amp/www.auto...-srt-demon-coming-new-york/amp/?client=safari

#15 ·

A Guy

#17 ·
Yes definitely official, good post! I never saw the name change to Demon, we knew the car was coming but had been called the ADR (I never liked that anyway lol). This will be a 9 second car if they want it to be, just depends how wild they want to get for production. Will come with fender flares and 315/40-18 drag radials, new hood and other cool things. Also factory line lock. Gonna be wild.

Here's the factory press release:

http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=18083&mid=1

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

#29 ·
Wide body hellcat....
There will be two widebodies, the Demon mainly for drag strip and another with 305/35-20 tires so eventually will be three different Hellcats available.
Could the ADR be the new Demon?
Yeah must be.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

#23 ·
I thought that the Hellcat would remain Detroit's ultimate high horsepower car. The new Demon model proves the old adage, that no matter what you have, "there will always be something faster."

Here are two car magazine articles. I am sure that there will be many more as we get closer to April 15.

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/2018-dodge-challenger-srt-demon-coming-new-york/

http://www.torquenews.com/106/2018-dodge-challenger-srt-demon-coming-ny-0

I checked allpar to see if there was any other news- just a rehash of the FCA press release.

http://www.allpar.com/news/2017/01/dodge-demon-to-top-hellcats-36090

According to the Dodge website "Countdown Clock" (an advertising gimmick that was used for the 2008 Challenger), the next teaser video will be issued in 6 days.

#25 ·
In September, Automobile magazine reported that Dodge would be producing a wide-body Challenger ADR (American Drag Racer) model in 2017.

It said, "CA has delayed a number of product launches and updates across its brands, including Dodge. Though the shifting of Charger and Challenger to the Alfa Romeo Giulia's new Giorgio platform has been put on hold, the current models will get special variants, including an all-wheel-drive version of the Challenger and a wide-bodied Challenger SRT Hellcat, to tide fans over."

Could the ADR be the new Demon?

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/d...ive-awd-variant-wide-body-hellcat-adr-report/

#53 ·
In September, Automobile magazine reported that Dodge would be producing a wide-body Challenger ADR (American Drag Racer) model in 2017. Could the ADR be the new Demon?
Back in September motorauthority published a few spy shot photos of the future ADR Challenger. The big rubber Hellcat was equipped with at least 315, possibly 355 tires! Here is the article:

2018 Dodge Challenger ADR (wide-body SRT Hellcat) spy shots

#28 · (Edited)
I know this sounds crazy, but as a Christian, I didn't really have a problem with the name or logo for the Hellcat. Having a car with a logo of the devil on it is stretching it a bit, however. I don't know why a fast car needs to be linked with demons. The original Demon logo was not so ominous, but the new one is sure to attract the wrong kind of attention from religious zealots IMO (think keyed paint and such). It's the only negative thing I have to say about the car, but it will definitely be badass.

Reactions: 3 peddles
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.