Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Fiat-Chrysler Future US Lineup Revealed

14K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  dino 
#1 ·

The future is looking bright for the Fiat-Chrysler family, especially with the all-new SRT Viper on the horizon.

But that’s not all Sergio Marchionne and his Fiat-Chrysler collaboration have in store. With multiple automakers under the brand now, we can expect several new models from Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Jeep, Maserati, and SRT in the upcoming years, not to mention the revival of the Alfa Romeo brand in the United States.

Some of the more notable changes incoming for the automakers include the transition of the popular Chrysler Town & Country minivan to a crossover, a six-cylinder Dodge Journey SRT joining the lineup while we’ll be saying good bye to the Dodge Durango in 2016 and the Avenger in 2014.

As for the Alfa Romeo lineup, it appears that the 4C Coupe will be in America by 2013, while the Spyder variant will make an appearance a year later. A small crossover model related to the Jeep Patriot will be added in 2014 with a four-cylinder powerplant, while the Giulietta, Giulia, and Giulia Sportwagon will be in the U.S. by 2014. The Alfa Romeo Spider, which features RWD components from Mazda, will come at an unknown future date.

For the Chrysler brand, we can expect to see a 200 model by next year, while the smaller, compact 100 is due in 2016. The 100 is believed to be Dodge Dart-sized and will probably be based on the Giulietta. As for the future, the Town & Country crossover will come in 2015 based on an entirely new platform, while 2017 will see a new 300 model.

The Dodge brand has already revealed the new Dart, but a new Challenger will come in 2014 while the Journey will get an upgrade next year with the SRT6 model. Down the road, the Grand Caravan sees an update in 2015 while the Charger will get a remodel for 2016.

The Italian Fiat brand will bring in the 500L and 500XL next year, with the XL being a seven-seat variant of the 500L. A 500-based crossover called the 500X Fouristrada is scheduled for 2013 along with a 500 Zagato. Also on the schedule for a 2014 launch is a 500 Elettra EV.

The Jeep brand has plenty of updates in the near future, with the new Liberty coming next year, while the Grand Wagoneer (full-size SUV), Jeepster, and Patriot will all make an appearance in 2014. The Jeepster will be an Italian-built subcompact SUV while the Patriot will be U.S.-built and twinned with an Alfa Romeo crossover.

Luxury brand Maserati has its Quattroporte and Maseratina for 2013, while the Kubang will make its market debut in 2014. An update to the GranTurismo and GranCabrio model is expected for 2015 and 2017, respectively.

Last but not least, the SRT brand will not only see the Viper and the Journey SRT6, but a new Grand Cherokee SRT8, Challenger SRT8, and Dart SRT4 model.
Read the complete story on Dodge's future product lineup at AutoGuide.com

See less See more
#2 ·
Interesting news on the Challenger as other past threads/posts had the Challenger discontinued in 2014 and were from sources “In the know”. I wonder what the change in the thought process is/was to keep the Challenger going forward? If anyone has thoughts on this one it would be great to hear!

I was also taken back about the Durango being discontinued in 2016; that model sells very well in South Florida. Interesting news to say the least.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

#3 ·
Interesting news on the Challenger as other past threads/posts had the Challenger discontinued in 2014 and were from sources “In the know”. I wonder what the change in the thought process is/was to keep the Challenger going forward? If anyone has thoughts on this one it would be great to hear!

I was also taken back about the Durango being discontinued in 2016; that model sells very well in South Florida. Interesting news to say the least.ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
Challenger sales continue to trend upward, they have since production started and have surpased easily Chryslers initial goal of 30K cars per year. It makes sense to keep it around for a few more years.

#5 ·
No matter what the did to it...the Caliber still had the unfortunate styling it was cursed with from day one.

That 'design by committee' approach on the Caliber was questionable - try and incorporate the PT Cruiser shape with a blocky cross-over look just didn't work. Then there were the mechanical qualities - it didn't drive or feel like a high quality car either.

Plus, it never had the qualities that made Neon SRT4s popular for handling acceleration.

#8 ·
Everyone can say what they want, but I love my Caliber, and sorry to see the model go. I have a lifestyle, career and personal business that does not allow me to drive a Challenger as my daily driver, and the Caliber fills that role perfectly. Happens to have the sun and sound package, so lots of fresh air and an absolutely killer sound system with sirius included.

#13 ·
I got news on the future of the Challenger yesterday while my car was being serviced.I spoke to the service manager which happens to be a big challenger srt8 fan and has one of the fastest srt8 here in Florida. He states this is stright from dodge. The next generation of the challenger will be offered in 2 variants. The 392 6.4 and a supercharged 6.2. I forgot what the h.p numbers are. I'm disabled and have a memory issue.But when he said SC 6.2 I said I gotta have this. One thing I remember was that the sc variant is much faster then the 6.4. It's suppose to be as fast or faster then the gt500.

#14 ·
In order to be faster than the GT500, they would have to pump out more than 700 at the crank unless they found a way to drop over 600 pounds from the car. If this is the case, the tranny and drivetrain must also all be upgraded so this will be interesting.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using AutoGuide.Com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.