Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Official Dodge Challenger Sketch

34K views 31 replies 20 participants last post by  Raydar 
#1 ·

On Monday Dodge released this sketch of the new Challenger that, in addition to the amazing spy shots caught by AutoWeek, give us a really good idea of how the newest muscle car on the block will present itself once it’s unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show. The automotive press has been fielding mixed reactions about the car’s design, though we’re pretty sure it’s sweet. The look is very retro, almost to the point where it’s not so much a reinterpretation of a past design but an old design itself. Some have also speculated about whether it will have two or four doors. The spy shots and the sketch indicate the concept will have a proper pair of doors, and we can’t imagine the company would field another four-door muscle car alongside the Charger. One thing’s for “almost” certain, this car is coming. It’s everything but official and we’re predicting the reaction to the Challenger concept in Detroit will be universally positive, if for no other reason than folks want to see the Big 3 go at it again in this arena.

Via: http://www.autoblog.com/

See less See more
#6 ·
jpagan said:
All I hope is that this car doesn't come with transmission issues alot of people with chargers (like ME) are going through.
I would hope they have the kinks worked out. For sure they will if it isn't built until '08 for '09 year model. Gives them plenty of time to kill all gremlins.
If they offer an auto, maybe it will be a 6-speed....:)

#9 ·
Vanishing Point said:
To me,if they keep the looks like this sketch,and update it with all the performance goodies of modern technology.. this will be the best not only out of all the challengers(and I own a 70 cahallenger),but it would also put it at the top of the list for looks out of all the current DCX styled cars IMO!:cool:
Since it's only competition for 'close to original' looks with the modern goodies is the Mustang, it should be the 'Best' looking period IMO. And I do think the Mustang retro is a good looking car. They could only move forward at a faster pace with this car since the majority of the population 'knew' the original and all the power and looks it had.

Reactions: SecretCajunMann
#10 ·
HIGH_HEMI said:
Since it's only competition for 'close to original' looks with the modern goodies is the Mustang, it should be the 'Best' looking period IMO. And I do think the Mustang retro is a good looking car. They could only move forward at a faster pace with this car since the majority of the population 'knew' the original and all the power and looks it had.
I think DCX, just hit a grand slam by making this car.....the timing is perfect to compete directly with the mustang. American HP wars are back.....YESSssss!

#11 ·
If for some strange reason DCX actually decides to 'scrap' or 'butcher' the design of the new generation 'Challenger', then I've already made-up my mind to purchase a restored 70's era model...truly a win situation for me irregardless; however, I'd still much prefer the new generation version with a 7/70 warranty. :D

#19 ·
its good to see a wonderfull sketch like that once again!

#20 ·
BUILD IT!!! DCX nees a two door monster below the Viper! I'll buy it, in SRT8 form....

Todd

#21 ·
The Viper is old news. Granted, I like it a lot, and they shouldn't stop making it... but #1, it's about 12 years old, and #2 it costs $89,000. DCX needs a nice sports car for the masses... and no, as nice as the Crossfire is, I don't consider it a sports car for the masses. The SRT-6 might be on sports car ground... but that's talkin over $40k.

#24 · (Edited)
Brand new with this setup. Handles great just not low enough for me. If you like the stance in the pic then its all yours

Attachments

#26 ·
7 year old zombie thread!

#28 ·
Wtf. I have no idea how this post got here. I was posting that to my srt bilstein for sale thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.